Mon May 9 2016 12:21:48

Searchers from Google Dead-ended on eBay

By: Reader

It seems to me that there was a strained relationship with Google search and eBay quite recently. Nevertheless, I noticed that the items I have listed on eBay are now beginning to appear in Google Search.

The problem is that eBay is dropping the ball on connecting the Google Search with the Seller's Active Listings, particularly as it applies to a connection between eBay collections and the seller's active listings.

I find my item on Google Search Images. I click on it. It brings me to my collection where the item is housed. At the bottom of the page it says 21 listings for my seller account. When I click on the "21 items for sale", my eBay seller name populates the search bar. Underneath that it says "0 listings", therefore the searcher will not see what I have listed for sale on eBay.

Although a Top Rate Seller, my business is tiny. eBay gives me no exposure (even when I pay to list in 2 categories I still have items that don't show up in search at all!).

It is so frustrating to think that the few hits that I might garner from a Google Search are also not be properly presented by eBay. I have called eBay about this missing link but do not feel that they will do anything about it.

Thank you for anything that you can do to look into this and to find out why eBay would be willing to throw away any benefits to Google Search/eBay Collections/Active Items for Sale.

Sincerely and with appreciation for all that you do,
Cathy

Searchers from Google Dead-ended on eBay   Searchers from Google Dead-ended on eBay

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon May 9 14:19:50 2016

What, is this yet another demonstration of eBay's incompetent database programming? Then, what's new at eBay?

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the unscrupulous, the malevolent, the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid. ...

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 9 15:32:36 2016

I cant believe Cathy is complaining!?

Doesnt she know that Cantseeme works GREAT for TOOLBUY and that he sells MILLIONS of dollars worth of used airplane parts/tools?

I mean really ....!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue May 10 02:17:00 2016

Not a new problem.  It is an ongoing problem that both Google and Ebay are well aware of since April of 2014.

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 02:33:28 2016

Half the sellers that I go to look at their items have nothing for sale. I thought they just gave up on Ebay, but maybe they are there, but not visible.

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 03:12:56 2016

This has been going on since 2014 when Google and eBay fell out over eBay's SEO and alleged violations. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m05/i23/s01

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 03:19:27 2016

Sorry - hit 'post' too soon - above article covers some of that here on ecommercebytes.

by: coppermoonsales This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 21:14:46 2016

As a top rated seller for most of 2014 we also had this problem. We sold on both eBay and Amazon. Amazon was not worth our time and the fee's were high so we pulled all our inventory at the end of 2014. Due to my sister and I both having severe health issue we ended our company Copper Moon Sales LLC at the end of 2014. I have been with eBay since August of 1998 buying and selling. I have some things I need to put on eBay but now I am wondering if I will be able to sell anything. The little sellers seem to have the most problems on eBay because we do not bring in enough money for them compared to the China, India and Japan companies. American sellers are limited to 1 selling account while these other countries sell under numerous ID's. One seller in India has 5 ID's he sells under...how is that fair for us? It is impossible to keep up with their prices? I can almost bet you that those countries above are not having this issue with Goggle and eBay.

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 15 16:40:08 2016

it's been a problem for awhile, what has me annoyed lately is that you enter a search term, and the first page of results are all pinterest.......so annoying for research.

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 15 16:41:28 2016

coopermoomsellers, where does it say that us sellers are limited to one account?