Sun Apr 3 2016 10:45:46

Will Yahoo Turmoil Impact Aabaco Stores?

By: Reader

I set up my store with Yahoo in 2013. Were I to do it today, I would probably go with Shopify.

With all the turmoil at Yahoo/Aabaco, one simple but personally HUGE question: Should I move my store NOW to Shopify?

Or do you see Aabaco as stable, and I should not undertake the turmoil/impact on income of moving until/unless a crises comes?

I do not imagine a scenario in which Aabaco would just pull the plug on tens of thousands of merchants, but maybe I'm naive? Would a competitor, even Shopify, purchase these accounts if Aabaco were going out of business?

Thank you for your excellent work!
Regards,
D.

Will Yahoo Turmoil Impact Aabaco Stores?   Will Yahoo Turmoil Impact Aabaco Stores?

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 3 14:10:26 2016

I wouldn't trust any of them. Years ago ( 17 ) we used to use UP4SALE.

One day Fleecebay bought it and within 2 days they permanently shut it down. Nothing like trying to log on to the site you sell on and find out it doesn't exist because some greedy company bought it.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Sun Apr 3 15:53:04 2016

I don't know anything about Aabaco, but in searching the internet there are lots of complaints about them. If you have any doubts about them, I would suggest you start setting up a new store. That way, you will be prepared in the event they do shut down with no notice.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Sun Apr 3 23:47:03 2016

I would also. I have 2 accounts with them for email that I have had for years. When they took over I find out it had changed and my redirects from the web sites were not working. The problem is I have lots of business that is set up and running with these 2 email accounts and if I switch there will be a delay. They have me trapped and they know it.

by: Cloud This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 4 00:31:03 2016

I moved my store right to Shopify right away and love it. What concerns me is it has been months now and they have no option to downgrade your store, or upgrade for that matter. I was waiting for the option to close my store there so I could easily switch my URL. They told me several months ago we would be able to do that in the next 15 days and it never came. I don't see them making any investments in the future.

by: sellerchick This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 4 11:11:46 2016

The Yahoo/Aabaco platform is still stuck in 2005. But cost wise, Aabaco merchant starter for unlimited skus is $50 a month+ commission, Shopify is significantly higher at $179 + commission/shopify payments fees. Just depends on your monthly sales volume to justify the cost.

by: ASBCares This user has validated their user name.

Fri Apr 8 14:52:51 2016

Hi D.,

Matt here from the Aabaco Small Business team. I wanted to reach out and address some of your concerns.

The Aabaco Small Business team remains focused on delivering great products and providing value to you and all our online retailer customers. We are dedicated to ensure the best interests of your business are met and continue to work on enhancements to help your business grow. Additionally, we're working on our upcoming events, including sponsorship of the Internet Retailer Conference in June and our merchant education events in Chicago, New York, and Silicon Valley.

If you'd like to discuss recent improvements to the platform or meet us in person at an event, you can message us directly on Twitter @ASBCares or on Facebook at https://facebook.com/ASBCares/.