I sold a pair of (designer) shoes, new in box for a total of (over $500). The buyer waited 3 weeks before filing a claim with Pay Pal, on Sept 13, stating the shoes are counterfeit. He never went thru eBay. No contact was received from buyer at all until Sept 13. Then on Sept 13 later in the night he escalated it to a dispute.
I purchased 7 pair of these exact shoes (along with 80 others) from an authorized retailer to sell on eBay of which this pair was one. eBay and VERO have never pulled my listings for any issue including "counterfeits".
At the time of purchase, this buyer had a zero feedback on eBay and I have a stellar record of over 5,000. Over the course of the last weeks Pay Pal asked me to provide different types of proof. Never did the buyer need to provide anything except a written "claim".
I immediately submitted a copy of the shoe purchase from the well- known store I bought them from along with the SKU's and payment proof. That wasn't enough for PayPal so they asked the buyer to return the merchandise. OK fine. On Sept. 29 I received an email that stated PayPal had not heard from buyer so the case was found in my favor.
Well, on Oct.1 PayPal sends another email stating the buyer uploaded a tracking number so they are closing the case in the buyer's favor. I called PP and was told by the "Supervisor" that she was surprised PP reversed a binding decision and that she would look into this situation.
Days later a small white padded envelope arrives, from the same city as the buyer, containing coupons and nothing else. The tracking of this gets confusing since the buyer sent the envelope via Fed Ex Smart Post which means the tracking numbers change because Fed Ex gets the package initially then the US Post Office takes over for the final delivery. If a PP representative took time to look at the evidence I provided they could match the tracking numbers to the envelope and verify that the shoes were not returned.
I submitted photos of the package along with its contents explaining to Pay Pal that a box of shoe could never be contained inside. That wasn't enough for PP so I was told to get a police report and did immediately.
As soon as the police report was available I uploaded it to PP. After contacting PP a few more times over 12 days to inquire on the status (I was told each time that it's been escalated) I get another email from PP. This time PP wrote "We received your fax. However, the document provided does not meet our requirements. Please provide valid documentation by October 23, 2016. This time period cannot be extended further."
I called within 10 hours of receiving the email since it came while I was asleep, and asked what evidence would meet their requirements. Since purchase receipts, photos of what was returned and a police report weren't good enough.
The "Supervisor" I spoke with could not give me a definitive answer. She said a decision will be made in 72 hours. And she is "escalating" it, again.
I don't need to tell you how frustrated I am with PP. I am now going back to the police to ask for assistance and want to know if you have any other suggestions.
Please don't use my name