Wed Oct 5 2016 11:42:56

Microsoft Edge Scares eBay Shoppers with Warnings

By: Reader

Have you seen this problem? When looking at listings on eBay using Edge people are not able to see descriptions and they get an error message warning of Unsafe Content and warning that if you allow the content you could have malware downloaded on your computer.

I called eBay and was told that since people could use Firefox or Chrome with no problem that it wasn't high on the problem list.

However, our buyers who use Edge may not know to use Chrome or Firefox and could possibly be frightened off of eBay. I've put a link to an eBay Community message board thread below. (Link to eBay thread)

Thanks,
Martha

Microsoft Edge Scares eBay Shoppers with Warnings   Microsoft Edge Scares eBay Shoppers with Warnings

by: Bidderboy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 5 16:24:07 2016

eBay has so many known technical glitches that it cannot seem to resolve that it's beginning to become suspicious. Nobody at eBay is ever accountable for anything but they hold eBay sellers to increasingly stringent and often unrealistic standards. Why does it seem as if eBay is deliberately setting its sellers and itself up for failure?

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Wed Oct 5 17:36:53 2016

From what I am reading on the eBay discussion boards no one has any sales anyway.  What does it matter.

This user has validated their user name. by: DTSM

Wed Oct 5 17:43:50 2016

This is not only an Microsoft Edge problem, but also an Internet Explorer issue for computers running Windows 10 only. The root cause is a security update in a recent Windows update which was released about 09/29. Since then, Microsoft has released another patch that will fix the issue. You can advise customers on Windows 10 to run the last available Windows update. We have duplicated the issue at our office, and have confirmed the update does fix it. It is not technically an Ebay issue, however, one would think their own customer service would know about it.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 5 18:41:37 2016

I knew there was a reason I stayed with windows 7 when we bought new computers.

Seems even Microsoft has a problem with bad programers.

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Thu Oct 6 00:10:46 2016

Same issue this weekend with IE. If you Google vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com you will get conflicting info (some alarming). eBay instructed me to change both my eBay and email passwords.

by: cwpdist This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 6 00:51:07 2016

When viewing secure pages (SSL)on eBay, all browsers show an insecure connection. This is due to some images being served from a non secure source. Most likely a coding errors where absolute links, rather than relative links of photos are being served. Photos meaning the eBay logo, ect. Mixed content. I contacted the president of eBay last week about this. He replied he would forward this to the correct department.

by: skyhooks This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 6 07:45:03 2016

This also with IE. I have rang eBay twice and had 2 chats and sent 2 emails and have been told to use chrome, delete history blah blah blah. I rang trend Micro my security soft ware company as I thought it might be thatbut it is not it is eBay. I have been selling for 10 plus years and today I finally sold something after no sales at all for 5 days. This has never happened to me before but eBay  will not listen. I am sick of re listing my items or selling something similar and even watched items as all I see is a big red square and an address bar that says UNSAFE WEBSITE. As well as that I cannot use the buy it now button or try to enter a price or tick PayPal without everything such as the shipping, PayPal, price etc all disappearing on my screen when I get down to the bottom of the page

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Thu Oct 6 14:38:42 2016

Currently trying to fix issues with Microsoft. It seems when ''upgrading'' to Windows 10 and then the Anniversary update, Microsoft wants full control of your PC, phone, tablet etc including documents, photos, email accounts. Over the past year I have been in a Microsoft he!!. Microsoft wants to be an all-in-one with users not straying into other browsers, other email servers, office products etc. One of the problems is Microsoft doesn't even recognize previous versions, prior updates, installs etc. causing massive compatibility issues. It's a hit or miss. Microsoft Edge is Internet Explorer and seems to look at older versions as baggage. Reminds me of the current season of Survivor with Millennials vs GenX but with the addition of Baby Boomers.

Of course with all these ensuing conflicts it is bound to cause security issues. All these corporations Microsoft, Amazon, Google, eBay, Paypal, Comcast, Verizon etc all vie to be the one and only and to have full control of that user.

When trouble ensues, the blame game begins. I'm tired of these companies not taking responsibility for their failures and shortcomings. The lowest of the low is when issues are tossed onto their user base.

Well I have to go now to contact Micro to see why my paid for Office, which expires in 2017, shows as expired. It would probably be easier learning a whole new OS. I hear very few complaints from Mac users.

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 6 18:32:17 2016

Ditto for Microsoft Hell. The company has went downhill in the technology department on Windows 10. I have an $1100 computer that sit on a shelf because Microsoft has stripped it of its index and half my programs that I paid for. I cannot even look for a document as it will only do internet searches. Yes Microsoft is on the Edge and I hope they fall off ASAP.

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Thu Oct 13 01:46:14 2016

I thought surely I had been infected by a virus after getting this warning, but Norton assured me I had not.