Mon Oct 3 2016 15:19:09

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

By: Reader

For the past few weeks I am unable to hide fixed price listings in vacation mode. Called eBay several times to report this issue.

Each time was told it was forwarded to their technical team and they were awaiting an update from the technical team. 3 weeks and no update.

Wondering if others have the same issue.
Best Regards,
Ania

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: tango This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 3 17:12:32 2016

it has worked for me over the September holiday -  what is different from the past is that your listing don't instantly disappear, however if you mark to hide the listings than no one can put them in the cart, even if they are still in search.  test it, set it up than sign out of your account and try to find your items...they will not be in search and your store should be empty.  When you are logged in, you can of course see all your own stuff in the store and can see the listings in search.  good luck

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Oct 3 19:03:33 2016

Yes, Tango is right.  There is a box you need to check when setting up your Vaca Mode to hide the listings.

This is what it says:
Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listingsspacer imgYou can use the existing message or you can customize it. This will appear near the top of every page in your store.
Note: This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Oct 3 19:05:42 2016

Let me clean that up a bit.  You would need to check the box to the left of this statement under the Vaca mode option.

The note on Ebay that you need to make sure the box is checked is as follows.

Hide and block purchases from my fixed price. You can use the existing message or you can customize it. This will appear near the top of every page in your store.
Note: This doesn't affect your auction-style listings.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: Ania This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 3 21:08:40 2016

Thank you Marie. This was of course done and the box was checked as needed. It is not working. Several other sellers have the same problem and ebay technical team not responding to the cs reps who reported this problem

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: Bidonmine This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 3 23:26:35 2016

My vacation settings for ebay: End all items and then re-start when I get back.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 4 00:28:15 2016

Seems to me that eBay's actions have too often encouraged permanent vacations.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Oct 4 03:26:59 2016

@bidonmine

That is not practical for many sellers.  That is just a lot of unnecessary work and it can bet expensive too [all the listing fees].

@ania

Have you gone to the technical forum on Ebay.  Sometimes you can get some attention there.  Certainly not always, but sometimes.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue Oct 4 07:12:50 2016

Love the title.  Made me laugh out loud.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: tango This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 4 10:23:01 2016

when I went on Vac begin September, I thought I had the same problem as you have.... and almost called in .... but after logging out of my account and from a not signed in screen viewing the information - aka lack of inventory in store - it cleared it up.  So if you are still seeing inventory in your store after logging out and clearing your cookies, then yes, you have a vacation problem - no soup for you :)  good luck with it!!

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: Bethofvt This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 4 10:36:13 2016

When I go on vacation and want no sales, I raise all of my prices by $100.  On the plane home, I just change the prices back. No sales while I am gone, my listings are still there and sales start right back up as soon as I change prices back. I have been doing it this way for years.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 4 10:55:49 2016

Just took 3 weeks off - had a great time - buyers still saw my items - were more than happy to wait for me to come back. Came home to instant money - great buyers. Will never hide my items again as I had done in the past. This was a test for me and it worked out splendid. That said I do not sell items that require immediate self gratification for the buyer. Their happy to wait.

Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?   Is eBay Vacation Mode Taking a Break?

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Wed Oct 5 08:05:09 2016

OP... I had the same problem months ago, and found a work around back then that resolved the issue.

Set up your vacation time etc...  Then go to your selling or store page.

Once there, bulk edit all your fixed price listings without making any changes, then submit the listings.

Wait a few minutes and then check one or two of your listings.

On a few occasions, I had to do the bulk edit a couple or three times to get the vacation mode to stick.

Hope this work around does the trick for you.