Fri Jan 8 2016 22:32:00

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

By: Reader

Hi Ina,
Possible to do an article about the recent suspensions and bots sending policy warnings on Amazon? I've never experienced such stress during this pre-holiday time as I have this year.

Seems bots are searching for words in the return request like "not as described," "website not accurate," etc. and when picked up by the bots, warnings given out that descriptions must match the catalog pages, even though items are authentic and as described.

Seems many Amazon TPS are now at the mercy of bots who do not understand that customers select "not as described" if the color is not what they think or "defective does not work properly" if the lipstick staying power is less than 4 hours, etc.

Life each day is living in fear of being suspended right before the holidays. Furthermore, more and more Amazon competition is faced by TPS as Amazon watches TPS and then approaches the companies to make direct deals with millions of units, thus knocking out any TPS with lower prices.

If you publish any of this, please withhold my name.
S

Note from the Editor: We published a blog post in September about this issue, "Amazon Responds to Concerns over Seller Crackdown," and it was followed up by this Newsflash article, "Amazon Seller-Support Rep Spills All on Reddit." We continue to get reports about Amazon suspension notices on the rise.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jan 9 01:48:35 2016

Amazon = Fleecebays evil sister.

They follow each other around unable to have an original idea themselves.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Jan 11 07:52:26 2016

I keep getting a notice from Amazon to update my shoe listings.

I don't (and never have) sell shoes on Amazon.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

by: miray67 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 09:16:05 2016

I have never had such an expeience as I did this Christmas with amazon. They would double my orderd with the same items, one costing much more than the other then charge me for something I hadn't ordered, didn't recieve and demand I pay for it saying that if I didn't they would have to. Christmas is stressful enough without Amazon. I asked the peole at UPS if I they we're getting any returns to Amazon. They said that was all they were getting.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

by: Bidonmine This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 10:52:41 2016

@Miray67:
Double, Triple and more orders can occur if you look at items and then select to buy and then change your mind (say you selected the buy button to put a hold on an item)... Now, if you go to buy, everything n your cart gets paid (if you forget to delete an item).... If you have one-click ordering turned on the error increases.

I have had more than one buyer tell me that they were only 'holding' the item and did not mean to pay for it.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 13:10:02 2016

While I haven't had any messages from bots, I have had surveys on my seller account page about their suspension programs, etc.

Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots   Sellers at the Mercy of Amazon Bots

by: tb This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 13:41:35 2016

I haven't experienced any of these problems, and don't get me wrong, Amazon is not an angel. But to call them an evil sister of eBay is going too far IMO.

Amazon is a hundred times better as a selling venue than eBay. eBay is a mess. I can give probably a dozen reasons Amazon is easier to do business with. For one thing, no per item monthly listing fees. Also, if you do something wrong, they let you know about it and give you a chance to correct the problem. eBay issues a policy violation or suspension. Case in point, one of the first times I shipped product to FBA, I used packing peanuts to protect my items. They don't want them (who does?), and instead of issuing a violation, they simply sent me a photo of my open box, and asked me to acknowledge that they don't accept peanuts for future shipments. A simple, effective tactic. Can you imagine eBay doing something like that? You'd have a 7 day suspension or violation for sure.

Just my take.