Wed Sept 2 2015 12:09:27

eBay Seller Finds Sold Listing Live through Google

By: Reader

I came across something really strange while searching for something on Google.

I sold something on Dec 2014 on eBay, it's obviously gone from the database, I obtained another one, so I googled it to see if there were more out there. To my surprise, my listing came up.

The upper left hand corner says "ebay.in GLOBAL EASY BUY" - then on the right side, under my ID & city, it says "INTERNATIONAL RESELLER INFO: I2C WORLD INC."

What's also interesting that my item was listed for $35 (bin) and they had it listed for $56.

I have never seen this before. Have you heard of this? As always, thanks for your great forum.
S.

Note from the Editor: Initially we thought it might be a case of a failed sale via the eBay Global Shipping program - see this article from last year. We then searched for I2C WORLD INC and discovered this article from 2010. If anyone has any insight, please let us know!

eBay Seller Finds Sold Listing Live through Google   eBay Seller Finds Sold Listing Live through Google

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Wed Sep 2 13:42:12 2015

It sounds like someone was selling your product using your exact listing, but inflating the price so that while you would have gotten paid, they would have made a profit on the mark-up. You would have likely shipped to their company either in the US or out of the country and they would have likely delivered the item. This is pure speculation on my part, but I saw a similar instance with some of my listings on Google a while back.  As I recall the company was in India.  I just assumed that it was eBay India and I did not pay that much attention to it, but since we did not ship to India, it may not have been eBay after all.

by: JQ This user has validated their user name.

Wed Sep 2 14:34:06 2015

I have actually found similar examples to what you describe. I sell comics on Ebay. I do not ship them to all nations. I have found a handful of my comic listings being sold on Russian and Asian sites. Since I do not ship to these areas I assumed some business was copying Ebay listings for items not available in certain nations and then if they sell, they go ahead an buy the item from the Ebay seller and have it shipped to a U.S. based re-shipper for forwarding on to its final destination.

Given the mark up on these items this looks like a pretty low margin line of work, but I know many people would list items on Ebay that they could get at low prices on Amazon and than have Amazon ship the items that sold directly to the Ebay customer. These type of transactions normally would only produce a few dollars, but I know it was not terribly uncommon (I think it has largely died down now that Amazon is cracking down on prime customers using Amazon as a drop shipper).

The very large bookseller that goes by the name ''Library Sales'' uses the above model. They have no inventory, they just relist books they find for sale on various sites at a mark-up and then have the sellers ship the books to their clients when they make a sale. They spam selling locations with hundreds of thousands of over-priced listings but obviously still manage to make enough sales through volume to make it worth their while. In effect their inventory is in the business and homes of the thousands of booksellers on whom they draw upon for their own listings.

Anyway, It is very possible that your listing was not a ghost listing that Ebay had never deleted, it was just a relisting by the person who originally bought your item for overseas resale.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Wed Sep 2 16:59:07 2015

I am looking at the fraud/scam site right now. To begin, last year I sold an antique music box which turned into the buyer opening an eBay case. The buyer just wanted to return it and refused to give a reason. This is too long of a story to explain here with lots of twists and deception. I do have all the sordid details and evidence to further prove eBay as not ''just a venue''.

So now back to the music box which may or may not be directly connected to the original buyer who did finally return the music box to me. Right after it was returned I sold the music box to a friend who wanted it. Before you ask..no, they did not want to resell it. I can go right over there today if I wanted to and take a photo of it as proof.

Okay, again back to the story. Sometime after the return and repurchase, but still last year, by chance I found the music box with my photos and unedited description on Google with a price more than 10x what I sold it for. This was listed on another website and NOT on eBay. I bookmarked the URL at the time and with the OP's letter just went back and looked at it again. My music box is still there with their ridiculous asking price. The website was cleaned up a bit and not as disorganized but still showing my old store name, description and photos. There is no mention or redirect back to eBay. They have their own item numbers. It's a .com site fvstore from Yiwu China. Thousands and thousands of other sellers items. Anyone alarmed by this? Could this be another reason sales on eBay have tanked? How deep does this go? How many other sites have this same devious setup?

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Sep 2 20:48:55 2015

@bittybit - Since I'm a doll collector I thought I would try to find matches between listings on eBay and FVStore. Found one!

Doll on eBay for $12.88:

d-Dark-Gray-Eyes-Nude-New-/141722809697?hash=item20ff567561

Exact
same doll on FVStore for $79.98:

-Dark-Gray-Eyes-Nude-New/p1629022.html

This
is crazy!

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Wed Sep 2 21:00:25 2015

I wonder if any of the Sellers know about this.

h-Flag-Banner-Sign-/191678148988?hash=item2ca0e8717c

by: BB2 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 01:03:52 2015

I've seen this before. Believe it or not, it was on Alibaba a couple of years ago. I sent an email to a general address at Alibaba. Frankly, I didn't expect quick action. But, they didn't waste any time. The listings were down before the end of the day.

by: toyspast This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 01:26:24 2015

This is crazy. I just randomly checked a couple of the FVStore.com site and found the same items in eBay stores. This can't be legal, right? Who does one contact? Should eBay be contacted? I started watermarking my photos so I hope that helps keep my items safe. I know it shouldn't matter if you sell your item, but do it the way we have to do it. Buy it, take your own photos, store it until it sells and then be happy if you get 10x what you paid for it. Don't steal my photos and wording and hard work to make a profit that isn't yours!

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 01:58:58 2015

I would ask why are the reselling items that are already sold? I doubt they return the money to the buyer they are dealing with if they are paying Chinese seller direct. Whether the original Ebay seller could get drawn into a mail fraud claim, I have no idea.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Thu Sep 3 01:59:46 2015

Researching this further today, I went to fv's home page and searched in various categories and found the eBay sellers items through google. On the items I searched, there was a mix of current and items that ended in the last year. There were many items on fv's site at the Buy it Now price of $1.00 but the eBay seller had a BIN of $245.00 (as an example). So JQ's theory wouldn't work on the low cost $1.00 items but would if fv's markup was much higher and an unwitting buyer purchased it at the huge markup.

My music box was sold over a year ago but yet is up for sale currently on fv for over $400. I find it very unlikely the majority of sellers are aware of these spamming sites. I also think the entire site is made up of spammed listings. My concern is buyer's accounts being compromised. I would also be concerned about duplicate listings causing the unknowing sellers' listings to not show up in search through google but eBay killed that on it's own. If a buyer does an organic search, would they end up on eBay or fv?

I also noticed a lot of the listings on fv were in the collectible category. Strange about ebay pushing the Collectibles category in stores. Did JD, in his greedy quest to not put money back into eBay, intentionally throw sellers to the chinese wolves or make eBay vulnerable to hacks? Follow the money as Ming states, it's always about the money.

Yes, iheart, this IS crazy. All of this needs to be investigated NOW!

by: I Live In An Igloo This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 02:24:25 2015

Here's an article I just found about this same thing: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FVStorecom/internet/FVStorecom-FVStoreco
m-steals-photos-and-company-information-from-Ebay-sellers-and-false-1145295

by: Volvo351 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 08:19:20 2015

OK, so someone was listing "on spec" figuring he could arbitrage based on your price. If indeed that seller was trying to sell the very piece of property you formerly owned, well, that's his biz. Now that you have a 2nd item to sell, his higher price can only help you, right?

by: unknown This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 08:31:48 2015

It showed up on the Sellers board back in April.

-on-ebay-in-India-when-I-don-t-ship-to/m-p/23904312/highlight/true#M499957

I
particularly like how they showed the original sellers ID and feedback and NOT the reseller or whatever you call those. Grief and jeff think it's honkey-dorey.

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 08:42:56 2015

this must be why some sellers price things so ridiculously high. I understand high prices for rare items, but common items that you can buy from the company and they will ship worldwide, being advertised on Amazon for $50-70 is unbelievable and of course the seller is in China. I even ran  into one Chinese sellers that had everything listed under electronics>GPS systems which included crayons at inflated prices and other craft items. The most amazing thing is in their listing title, they have taken out the manufacturers name such as Crayola and substituted their selling name. They do this to all their products, so it is hard to know if they are selling Crayola crayons or a facsimile of them and because they didn't use the Crayola name, when someone receives a box of lousy no-name crayons (even though the photo showed them as being Crayola crayons) then can say that they never advertised as selling the name brand. Does china really pirate all these goods? And yet again I am forced to ask who is so mindless as to pay 4-10X the normal price of an item to get this ordinary items? But they have sales, like all these seeming scam artists have.

by: sundance This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 3 11:21:13 2015

Sadly, all these sellers will find a way to dupe the unsuspecting buyer.  I do check for many of my original things (patterns & such) and occasionally find one or two and contact the site. Usually the item is removed within a few days once I send them my copyright documents.

This user has validated their user name. by: Don Wagner

Thu Sep 3 12:17:11 2015

This issue has plagued many sellers in my circle of dealers in expensive, one-of-a-kind antiques. It is clearly against eBay policy to list something that you technically don't possess. And of course, you can't steal another eBayer's photos, either, which is necessary if you want to list something which is not in your posession.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu Sep 3 15:54:54 2015

I was checking FVStore for some of the items I have listed on eCrater, as well as similar items on eBay, and it seems that all (or at least most) are taken from eBay.

If you click on About Us, it's blank. If you click on Contact Us, it's blank. Only the Message link will get a comment to them. I couldn't find any link to an e-mail address, physical address or phone number for the company.

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Fri Sep 4 07:17:47 2015

Wow--this sounds like a great story line for 60 Minutes (is it still on?) Especially now that China is shaking the tree.

by: semper fi This user has validated their user name.

Fri Sep 4 14:35:05 2015

I found a wood surfboard I sell on eBay for $200. + S&H listed on their site for sale for just $1.00. However when I tried to BIN or add to a cart it would not let me. Here is the link. Not sure what's going on here.

-Wall-Hanger-Sign-Fish-Design-Swallow-Tail/p1557930.html

by: semper fi This user has validated their user name.

Fri Sep 4 14:47:33 2015

Go to these links and you will find that this has been going on for years and ebay is aware and does not care.

com-FVStorecom-steals-photos-and-company-information-from-Ebay-sellers-and-false-1145295

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Fri Sep 4 23:57:05 2015

The Buy It Now Button doesn't work on anything I clicked.