Wed Aug 5 2015 14:01:36

eBay Fails to Honor TRS Discounts over Tracking Issues

By: Reader

First of all, thanks for this open forum, we appreciate it.

I noticed that I wasn't getting my full 100% TRS discount month after month, it was sometimes 95% mostly around 98%. I couldn't figure it out, since all my listings qualify, and I ship within 24 hours, stand in line at the PO to make sure my packages get scanned.

This morning I was following up to see if some were delivered,  I had one package the buyer purchased Saturday evening 8/1, I created the label 8/2, and took it to the PO Monday Morning 8/3, I have a receipt saying it was accepted at 10:19am 8/3.

When I look at the tracking it says accepted 8/4 @ 6:40 am!  - It has no mention of label created or anything like that.

Wondering if others are seeing the same thing?
Thanks
S

Note from the Editor: It seems eBay's TRS tracking requirement has caused nothing but grief from the get-go (20122014, for example).

In addition to the letter above, reports are also coming in via Ecommerce EKG today. The first report states, "eBay not showing accurate tracking upload percentages. They know about it. Still not fixed."

The following response demonstrates the angst eBay tracking problems cause sellers:

"I am so sick of waking up every day and eBay telling me my acct is AT RISK due to their lack of updating tracking info!! Talk about stress, even something that simple should be fixable! WTH is their problem??? Items sell and the very same day my shipping % went down even before my one day handling starts!!!!"

eBay Fails to Honor TRS Discounts over Tracking Is   eBay Fails to Honor TRS Discounts over Tracking Is

by: shesnotthere This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 14:56:10 2015

I am having the same issue. Yesterday I had 100% tracking uploaded and today it shows as 86.09%. I was getting ready to complain to my post office when I saw that other sellers were having the same problem and it's an eBay glitch. Can't they get anything right? If not, they need to communicate the issue to their customers (that would be us).

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 15:25:41 2015

Non Carrot Jumpers don't have to worry about Fleecebay and their glitchy tracking methods.

We just go about our daily chores smiling all the way to the bank.

by: ajeweler This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 15:58:30 2015

Not surprising at all, how would freebay be if there was a day with no drama at all, one has a better chance seeing Elvis in his UFO

they will do anything and I mean anything to take that discount, including fool around with sellers hard earned dashboards I think there will be some metric adjustments too

by: Frank F This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 16:23:22 2015

WHY don't these dimwits have a dashboard for us to rate their pitiful performance! Thing of all the worrying and wasted time this caused so many sellers, and ALL ebay had to do was write a 2 sentence report of the issue on their annoucement board.. Get with the program ebay! Communication is one of the MOST IMPORTANT drivers for a company to its customers and as always you have failed miserably!

As always, you get a ZERO DSR across the board on this!! BELOW STANDARD and don't even realize it and the double standard you have with the seller (CUSTOMER) community.. It amazes me how this company holds sellers to such high standards, yet they there performance is lacking so often yet they feel like they should always get a pass. Ebay, talk the talk and walk the walk!

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Wed Aug 5 16:33:42 2015

Ebay's Motto: BY HOOK OR BY CROOK

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 19:56:46 2015

Another day, another eBay con job.

Why steal from someone with a gun or a knife? Why cheat people with pyramid schemes?

Why do any of those when you can create an eBay (LOL ecommerce platform)(now theres a riot) that steals from its sellers and KNOW FULL WELL that its doing so?

Why? 'cause this is todays eBay. THIS is how you lie, cheat and steal.

Where else would eBay get an extra $23 million from?

And of course "eBay simply provides the venue for the sale [of goods] and support for the transaction[s].”13 (Tiffany, 576 F.Supp. 2d at 475.)"

eBay sure pulled one over on TIffanys!

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Aug 5 20:00:30 2015

Why would eBay have any incentive to correct this "glitch" since they make money on each of these erroneous entries. eBay's theory is probably that it's just another cost of doing business on their venue.

by: Volvo351 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 5 20:47:05 2015

Why would eBay's [mis-]management be concerned with whether or not you get the full discounts to which their WRITTEN POLICIES state you're entitled? You cheat 100K sellers out of ten bucks each, that's a cool MILLION you can stuff in your own pockets!  The BoD is probably in on the scam, too.

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 00:29:08 2015

TRS Discounts aren't worth the stress involved.

by: sanddogg This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 00:37:20 2015

On Monday 8/3 I stood in Post Office line and had over 10 USPS 1st class parcels scanned in as 'accepted'. I had my Acceptance sheet stamped with postmark and I was even given another receipt. On 8/4 I did the same with another over 10 1st class parcels. Today 8/5 early AM rec'd an email from a buyer asking if I had shipped his item yet. I was not surprised to see that there was no tracking information for either days parcels. A little while later all the parcels showed a first tracking entry of acceptance as 8/5 at a Postal hub far away from my area. What kept me from falling below 90 percent was that many of the parcels were shipped same day instead of next day. That eBay has to use a Third Party to evaluate its own sellers is rather disturbing. I think the USPS does a pretty good job overall but I have been told by more than a few USPS associates that things sometimes do not get scanned, and sometimes if scanned - not uploaded in a timely manner.

by: rachel This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 02:39:32 2015

USPS told me last week that it does not matter if we scan at post office, they do not show it as received now until later. However eBay claimed that they will update within a month once corrected. Stay tuned. The reason USPS says that they do it this way is because they don't want us to wait in line to scan right before closing to get rewarded for it. They can scan it which is still good in case it falls behind a case or something but it won't be updated until it leaves the processing center. So far it has worked.

by: its_me This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 03:08:49 2015

ebay surely ''scams'' buyers.. in any way possible, using erroneous IT methods, showing false information...anything NOT to hold up their end of a one sided agreement. They have made ebay an expensive fee based joke, with illiterate customer service personnel, while enforcing deceptive business policies.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu Aug 6 04:05:08 2015

My tracking numbers are usually about 98%

I just checked mine to see:

100.00% of your transactions had tracking uploaded within handling time and validated by carrier.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Thu Aug 6 05:59:24 2015

A buyer messaged me to see if I had shipped his item. A few hours later he messaged that he received item and eBay NEVER sent shipping info. I shipped same day as payment and buyer received item in two days.

All this adds up to eBay sabotaging the seller:

1.Ebay not sending buyers tracking info

2.Ebay not updating tracking in sellers' dashboard in a timely manner or failing altogether

3.Asking buyers if item was delivered within the stated time in feedback

4.Having buyers rate sellers with the shipping DSRs

With so much emphasis being placed on shipping, it seems to be deliberate and malcious intent by eBay to discredit and hurt sellers. Ebay can no longer cite glitch or ''just a venue''.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Thu Aug 6 09:40:23 2015

I have noticed on occasion that eBay and PayPal do not send label data through to USPS on a timely basis.

This is a problem in that packages taken to USPS and are scanned before eBay or PayPal has sent the data for the label creation through and results in packages that are accepted before USPS computers know that the label was created.

While I have not drilled down to see if this particular issue causes problems with eBay's tracking data, it is highly possible that eBay's system does not accurately reflect tracking data when packages were scanned before the label creation data has been sent through.

For example....

Your label is created at 11:00 am. eBay - PayPal may not send the data batch through until much later in the day.

You take the package to USPS at Noon, and receive an acceptance scan. At this point, the tracking scan is the first record in the data file for that label.

If eBay - PayPal sends the label creation data through after the acceptance scan, then the label creation data now appears after the acceptance scan in the USPS data file.  As a result, eBay system does not see an acceptance scan until the package moves through the USPS system and receives a second scan in the package flow.

If this is the case, eBay's flawed system is incorrectly using the data associated with the second package scan as the initial package scan  due to the fact eBay's system is only able to read the data after the label creation data date and time.

Leave it to eBay to create a system built on incorrect data flows which THEY have created which ends up penalizing sellers for the company's own defective data transmission.

by: Bethofvt This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 09:59:17 2015

It does not matter at all when the  USPS scans a package. The only requirement is that it is scanned at some point in its journey. Even if the only USPS scan is at delivery and that is 4 days after mailing, you have met Ebay criteria for confirmed third party scanning. So many sellers just are not informed. I hear over and over that they think scanning needs to be done within their handling time. They even stand in line at the PO to get a scan that they do not need. Read the policy. You must create the shipping label within your handling time.  The required third party scan just needs to be made prior to the estimated shipping date.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu Aug 6 10:16:07 2015

@Ric - What you describe is exactly what I commented on for a story a while back. I just checked a tracking number from a few days ago, and for another number a few days prior, and neither show the label creation. I print labels with PayPal's MultiOrder program, and it appears that PayPal is no longer sending the label creation information to USPS.

by: rachel This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 6 10:32:25 2015

They supposedly do in real time but they told me to check after Thursday to see, since that is when they used to do it and the real time may not be up and running yet. Mine is down too it was at 100 per cent now at 97.34.

by: ebay refugee camp This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 7 13:44:03 2015

It is a shame that ebay will no doubt ignore the sellers in this matter. It may be a technical problem however there are constant tracking and scanning problems with the USPS and the USPS will not help you on ebay.
Ebay has zero, and I mean zero support that would be able to fix this for sellers.
It is imperative that ebay scraps this TRS system that is a total mess and wrought with problems.
To continue on with this program will be the death of ebay in my opinion.

by: val2525 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Aug 9 14:01:44 2015

I don't bother watching the numbers. Either the package is delivered, or it's not. eBay's discount on FVF is just not worth the extra stress and aggravation. If it didn't get delivered, the buyer will let me know. That's all that matters.