Fri July 31 2015 11:00:16

Amazon Penalizes Seller for Buyer-Initiated Cancellation

By: Reader

On July 15 I was told by Amazon that I no longer qualified to ship second day because my defect rate for cancelled orders was too high. I emailed seller performance and filed a Seller Support case for this.

My defect rate for cancelled orders on Amazon was .93% at that time. We had one cancelled order. Amazon was stating that I had a 25% cancelled order rate which made me over the 1.5% required in order to offer Second Day shipping.

Since July 15 to July 28 I have received daily emails from seller support telling me that they were working on the issue and thanking me for my patience.

Yesterday I received an email from Seller Support (have never received a reply from Seller Performance to date) that my defect rate for cancelled order was in fact 25% cancellation rate.
They told me that they do not go according to the site metrics but they use the Second day orders only for their metrics. I have had 4 second day orders (we do not ship many second day orders) and 1 of those orders was cancelled.

They said that they do not show that the buyer sent us an email with cancellation in the subject matter.

The order was cancelled because the buyer gave an invalid address. They gave a street number of 297 in Las Vegas. When we went to do the shipping on this order it told us the address was invalid by two different shippers. I texted the buyer and she replied that she lived at 697 not 297. The buyer never would send that information in an email via the Amazon system nor would they create a new order.

Since Amazon policies state that we are not to ship to an address other than the address in the order, and the buyer said the address was wrong, we cancelled the order using the reason that the address was invalid.

Even though we followed Amazon policies, they are holding that against our metrics since 7/15 and have not released our second day shipping to date. They said they go week by week, but 7/15 is over a week ago.

Since when does Amazon not use our site metrics to valuate our ability to ship? How fair is that when we were duped by a buyer and this could have very well been a possible fraud or was it a set up by Amazon?

In speaking to others on a social media board we were not the only one that Amazon did that to on 7/15.
Unsigned

Amazon Penalizes Seller for Buyer-Initiated Cancel   Amazon Penalizes Seller for Buyer-Initiated Cancel

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Fri Jul 31 15:16:24 2015

Ah, the joys of selling online on eBay or Amazon ...

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid … http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 31 19:03:26 2015

Send the buyer a nice friendly email quickly stating the problem and unlike cruddy ebay buyers, they will write you back and state the problem more clearly for you to show Amazon.

You can also tell them to check the buyers addy for a change after your deal- they may have updated it and this will show amz what they need to see.

They are much different than ebay as if you have a good email convo to show them, it will be quickly shipped.
mh- good luck and tell us how it goes.

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 31 20:24:10 2015

Quick check to see if ODONUTHOLE isn't hiding under the bed of Amazon management.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 31 22:09:13 2015

I suspect that if The Ho was anywheres near Amazon's bedroom--he would have shoved every one ELSE out of the bed and would have invited all his other "friends"  from Bain to come on over and watch some no--doubt stolen DVD's or pirated shows.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 31 22:11:36 2015

I don;t sell on AZ but when ever I have had an issue I have CALLED them and the issue has been SOLVED right away---even one time when I received an item def NOT as adverted and the seller did not respond at all.

They are pretty easy to reach and their Live Chat is also very helpful--I would not email but CALL.

by: DJM This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 3 01:37:56 2015

I sold on Amazon for a short while and had more scammer buyers in 6 months there than 10 years on Ebay.
Amazon was a nightmare for me. Seller performance has ways of getting rid of you even if you have done everything right. They like the big sellers.

by: donald This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 3 02:09:56 2015

I agree with Philip Cohen. The joys of been beating with a whip by both Amazon and eBay.

You have to be a masochist to put up with them..

by: Randy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Aug 4 11:51:17 2015

A few months back, I received the same email, but I think it was a spoof. I just ignored it and sent it to the trash bin. Never had any limits placed on my account!