Sun July 5 2015 21:00:52

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

By: Reader

Just got an email from eBay telling me that they "protected" me by removing "one defect" from my Seller Dashboard. Naturally, no mention of how this "defect" originated or what scumbag "buyer" was responsible for it. So, I can't put that waste of oxygen on my Blocked Bidder List; he's free to victimize me in the future.

Typical of eBay policies that don't provide any real "protection" for sellers. They acknowledge that scammers are doing damage to legitimate sellers but they won't even tell the affected sellers who the bad buyers are.

Instead we're left to guess or run numerous scans on the data to identify the culprit by process of elimination.
Regards,
Volvo351

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 21:35:55 2015

@volvo, this has been going on for awhile, and frankly, I believe it's totally bogus. My husbands account, they "protected" him for much higher number than actual transactions he had.
Until they tell us exactly the items, it's just bs

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: XebayX This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 22:37:48 2015

I got the following on June 23rd.
Has anyone been able to access this report? I haven't seen it.

COMING IN JULY: ENHANCED TRANSACTION DEFECT REPORTS
To make it even easier to access the details you need to understand—and effectively manage—defects, you'll soon be able to review and download enhanced transaction defect reports, right from your seller dashboard. You'll be able to:
• Access data daily that's synced with your seller dashboard
• View which defects have been removed by eBay—through automated protections and via transactions where you've asked eBay to step in and help
• Get a clearer picture of areas that may need your attention, by sorting transaction defects by program (US or other region), evaluation period, and defect type
• Download reports every month and save them to your seller dashboard—making it easy to maintain a handy record of past transaction periods

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 23:37:53 2015

Theres NO SUCH THING as "Seller Protection".

Like everything else on eBay thats a lie - or just plain fraud - this term is useless.

More over, its eBay who in %99.9 of the cases CAUSE the defects/issues themselves.

Via UNJUST ENRIGHMENT, eBay assigns itself the power to hand out losses and "demotions" as it sees fit.

As long as eBAy believes sellers will just grumble and then go along - it all continues.

eBay sent me a similar email today - it went right into SPAM.

Better off if they had just decided to stay out of their sellers issues and work on fixing the oh ... 1 million issues that plague eBay.

You will find a Bigfoot during your next camping trip, DB Cooper's money in your backyard, and find Amelia Earhart before you find ANY "Seller Protection".

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: ellisdtripp This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 00:12:03 2015

Yup. Pure absolute bullshit. I've been getting these for a while. WTF is wrong with these people anyway?

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon Jul 6 01:01:43 2015

"eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting"

Oh, dear me, what's new at eBay? This is just another fraud by eBay on its consumers—fraud, fraud, fraud—when will such fraud on consumers ever end? ...

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid … http://bit.ly/11F2eas

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Mon Jul 6 01:02:09 2015

More stealthy mumbo-jumbo.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: nsc This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 02:25:02 2015

I always assumed that eBay just made the numbers up when they claimed to have "protected" you.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: RichieC This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 07:59:08 2015

People when will you accept that these blood hungry pigs will never be happy! As the years pass we whine and whine, and do nothing!
Just shut up give and be happy that the pigs allow you to keep something, for now. Remember, they want it all and you 're going to give it to them!them more mone

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Mon Jul 6 13:09:26 2015

eBay keeps sending these emails in a desperate attempt to convince sellers that things would be worse if not for them.

One day management is going to wake up and realize that things for sellers are worse BECAUSE OF THEM!!

If or when that day comes, eBay will have taken the first real step towards meaningful seller protections.

Until then, eBay's alleged feeble attempt at seller protection is an epic fail.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Mon Jul 6 13:43:29 2015

Ric wrote:

"...eBay's alleged feeble attempt at seller protection is an epic fail."

which is exactly what they planned from the beginning, and sociopathic, sadistic scumbag Brian Burke has made even worse.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: maxmad This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 13:58:56 2015

I see so many sellers blame the buyer and even the OP referred to the buyer as a ''scumbag''

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Jul 6 15:38:25 2015

I have fought the last three "item not as described" and I won each one of them, but it was not due to anything that eBay did for me automatically.  I had to fight for each one.  That meant, in each case, calling many times, and speaking to as many as five CSRs with each case.  Each CSR assured me that they were entering their notes and all would turn out in my favor.  One of the cases did not, and I appealed, and I won, but I had to fight for that one too and give the same speech that I had already given five CSRs to the CSR handling the appeal.  It was exhausting, but now that many buyers are filing "item not as described"  to force sellers to pay return  shipping, I am fighting back. This is dishonest and I will not stand for it.

You have to protect yourself. eBay will do nothing unless you do. I honestly don't know how these grown, supposedly educated men than run this company think that sellers are buying any of this "seller protection" nonsense. It seems that these days eBay do exactly the opposite of what they say they do.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Jul 6 16:11:50 2015

@maxmad - I have to disagree with you. It is the buyer's fault, not eBay's. It's the buyer who decides to lie and claimed SNAD when he wants to return an item for free. It's the buyer who makes a conscience decision to buy a item, strip out the part he needs, and then return the item back to the seller. It's the buyer who plots to get an item for free by mailing back an empty box. It's the buyer who thinks about what defect he can claim to get a partial refund. Just because eBay has turned the buyers and sellers against each other does not account for the rampant buyer dishonesty on the site.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 16:40:20 2015

Called and called to get 2 unfair defects removed- 6 calls over 3 weeks.

Surprisingly, both defects fell off 3 weeks later after I had given up.

1 month later ebay sends me a message- how WE protected you.

Er... Ebay- I PROTECTED MYSELF.
MH

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon Jul 6 19:16:43 2015

@maxmad,

"Blame ebay not the buyer, ebay has designed a system in which it pits the seller against the buyer, and buyer against seller, which is false, it's ALL eBay's fault and no one else."

You are spot on. As only a buyer on eBay, I agree; everywhere you look there are invitations from eBay to "stick it to the seller" with screaming links like "Return This Item", before you've even received the item ...

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

This user has validated their user name. by: SellSellSell

Mon Jul 6 21:56:14 2015

It is the buyers that are playing the system that ebay has encouraged and groomed buyer to do. Both parties are at fault and sellers have less and less tools to defend themselves. As the big box competition from here and abroad make it a struggle for the small independent seller to stay the message is clear and easy to see if one was inclined to give a hoot and look.

eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting   eBay Seller Protection Found Wanting

by: maxmad This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 7 21:09:00 2015

There are plenty of criminals out there, that are always looking for opportunity, an open door, a security guard not looking, but ebay is allowing this activity by leaving the sellers door wide open, it's an invitation to steal, by not looking out for it's sellers,

I respect your opinion, yes maybe some buyers are true scum, there will always be crooks in this world, their not going away, anytime soon. but ebay is allowing this criminal activity, and I put the full blame on ebay for it first.

If I bought a bicycle that could never be locked up, it would eventually be stolen, that's a guarantee, I would first blame myself for buying it, then the manufacturer, for making such a stupid design, then the thief.