Mon May 18 2015 10:51:08

eBay-PayPal Breakup Leads to Buyer Blues

By: Reader

I have been trying to get an eBay rep on the phone for 12 hours. Sadly, they have the customer support set on an endless loop that keeps telling me to work it out with the seller.

eBay is not giving the customer service that is clearly stated.
Best Regards,
Gene

eBay-PayPal Breakup Leads to Buyer Blues   eBay-PayPal Breakup Leads to Buyer Blues

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon May 18 11:29:00 2015

OP says "I suspect that due to the eBay PayPal breakup, no one wants to help a buyer that received a NAD item (Not as Described)."

Seriously? Is this for real?  How many in-your-face buyer guarantees from eBay does a buyer need these days?

While I agree with OP regarding poor customer service telephone support, why does he even need to speak to customer support? eBay have made it fairly easy for him to file a dispute and get his money.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon May 18 11:50:59 2015

@Gene (OP) - As John McEnroe famously said, "You cannot be serious!" You don't need anyone on the phone. There are buttons everywhere to press to report/return items. Heck, the top button for items in "My eBay" is a fat, blue button that reads "Return this item." The eBay mantra is "Get the item you ordered or your money back."

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 18 12:03:11 2015

OP is the reason Ebay is slowly going down.....OP needs to READ, the buttons are big enough to see.

Next thing Ebay will be doing is having buttons hit the buyer in the back of the head to wake them up.

by: That Guy This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 18 17:42:11 2015

This is a joke, right?  Is the OP for real?

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Mon May 18 18:54:15 2015

I'll take the OP at their word. But even at this distance, it seems to me that the OP has jumped-the-gun and headed directly to the ''nuclear-option'' without trying to reach a resolution with the seller, and without using the prolific arsenal of resolution methods that eBay has provided.

by: drewmark This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 00:21:49 2015

Glad I'm not a seller on eBay that they can micromanage and give all my items away for free to buyers that just want a free lunch! Its been a month I've been off the eBay platform and I'm DONE! I hope some Nerd gets smart and makes an eBay alternative site exactly like ebay but free (paid by advertising or some other means cheaper than the ebay platform) to show eBay they aren't the only online seller market. Ecrater is nice but the shipping calculator really needs work. Bonanza has a really nice platform for fixed priced items!!!

by: Garcia This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 00:37:11 2015

Seriously.  This is a joke.  Doesn't Ebay have enough buyer protection?

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 00:48:25 2015

I find it implausible that he knows that ebay/PP are 'breaking' up (yeah sure) but doesn't know well enough how to handle a SAD situation. Sounds like a troll to me since his letter doesn't add up in the least.

I don't even sell on ebay and I know that this guy has all sorts of ways to works this out. First off, did he even TRY to connect with the seller which for every buyer/seller problem should be the first resort? But then if he CAN'T read all the many buttons and ways to work this out without phoning a CSR then he probably didn't read the listing either and the seller most likely didn't do anything wrong.

by: f4f This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 03:01:21 2015

@Moonwishes: Well, the Ebay site has a big notice across the top lately, telling everyone that they're splitting up with Paypal... So it IS possible for a buyer to know that without knowing the very simple basics of a) emailing a seller to ask what went wrong and try to work out a solution, or b) using one of the multiple paths to returns and dispute cases. This is part of why I stopped selling there many months ago. I do love Bonanza and eCrater, though they are just sources of occasional surprise sales for me as a small and (now) casual seller.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 07:35:01 2015

Ebay responds very quickly to Better Bureau and Consumer Affairs complaints.  But try to reach the seller first, as others have suggested.

by: RichieC This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 07:46:28 2015

OP       (Not as Described) ???

Well the yellow color wasn't as yellow as the picture!!!
And it costs toooo much to send it back!!!!
FleaBay HELP ME!!! I want my money back and to keep the item for FREE!!!!!

by: Deltamaster This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 08:13:42 2015

There is MUCH more to this story than the author has written!

by: FREDDY This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 09:04:36 2015

The buyer does not know how to read.  That has been the problem with ebay buyers. As long as ebay gets the fees they like that buyers do not read.

by: ajeweler This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 10:23:25 2015

OP does not need any phone contact as the case buttons are everywhere and e**y gets their way again a SNAD for the seller and defect rating loss of the 20% op simply needs to open a case thru e**Y

by: toyman This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 10:23:31 2015

My first reaction was ''He is using his I-Phone and doesn't see everything that someone on a computer sees''.

That problem is becoming an epidemic, as mobile buyers purchase, most times, off the Title and primary picture.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to send an ''it was in the description'' email to a buyer.
With mobile buying growing so fast, I can only see more of the OP type wondering why things don't work or aren't what they expected.

by: Gina This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 11:43:16 2015

Trust me, eBay has your back!  Meanwhile they flay the backs of the sellers!  All you have to do is push a button to get a full refund & a free return postage label!  eBay doesn't even care if you never return the item, they will get their losses out of the seller!
eBay's mantra is "everything for the buyer & screw the seller"!

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 13:48:48 2015

The other day I was looking at an item on ebay and noticed a LARGE ad sitting directly to the right of the item pics--the ad read "HOW TO RETURN YOUR ITEM"---I had not in this case even BOUGHT or BID on the item---

You do have to wonder when the emphasis on RETURNING the item starts before you BUY the item--what message ebay is sending.  Right there I had the ugly thought--Ohhhhh look;  I can just buy and return---

And I am NOT the buy and return sort.

Obviously--many ARE;  and none of THEM need any sort of ad or excuse because they KNOW that ebay could give a rats ass to the seller of that item.

@toyman---YES!   I looked on my smart phone at several things I had looked at prior on my laptiop and discovered DEEP differences;  and DEEP lack of items;  DEEP lack of ways to SEE the items;  and almost NO wasy to access the INFORMATION in the listing!

Sad.

by: ssusannss This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 19 18:33:56 2015

Ah, nowhere in the OP's letter does it say he wants to actually return the item. I don't think there's a 'give this item to me for free' button yet.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri May 22 02:12:24 2015

Has anyone ever called Ebay had had any kind of loop?  If you call you get a person after a recording asking your for your pin number.

I think the OP is on a endless loop of pushing buttons on the site, not on the phone.  They need to read their screen closer and stop assuming.  They are pushing buttons to get to various help pages, not to call Ebay.