Sat Apr 4 2015 21:54:11

eBay Shipping Notification Email Sent a Week Late

By: Reader

Thought this might be of interest. eBay is just getting so crazy these days you never know what to expect next.

Just got this email from eBay a few minutes ago that my package would be delivered March 27th... and I actually did receive it last week before that estimated date.

(The email was dated and received Saturday, April 4, 2015 stating the item was shipped, with an estimated delivery date of Fri. Mar. 27.)
R.

eBay Shipping Notification Email Sent a Week Late   eBay Shipping Notification Email Sent a Week Late

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Sun Apr 5 02:17:24 2015

Yeah, and the cretins at eBay think that the issuance of such computer-generated notices will lead you to think that they are actually making some effort to better service buyers (and sellers) when, of course, they could not care less, and this particular nonsensical week-late notice is simply one more demonstration of their most amateurish database programming, and the reality that they really don't care about their consumers—buyers or sellers as long as the FVFs keep rolling in; unfortunately, the FVFs too are beginning to atrophy, apparently …

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 5 07:27:54 2015

Gesh the robots did it again.

by: Mark4 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 5 13:22:44 2015

doesn't suprise me at all, sometimes I am on the site for an hour or more before ebay even asks me to sign in.....how secure.

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 5 17:39:34 2015

i don't know if this is related, but my trs 20% discount has been going down the last couple of months, and the % of tracking uploaded also. I go to the PO every day, incl. sat. get my items scanned at the counter, have a receipt, always ship within 24 hours. I have no idea what's going on. A few months ago it always said 100% and my trs discount was almost always 20% of my total fvf, I'm doing nothing different.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sun Apr 5 18:52:24 2015

Just the Ho earning his 23 million golden handshake.

Fiddle on, Ho, while ebay burns.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 6 00:41:34 2015

there have been all kinds of problems with ebay emails it seems.  i've tried 4 times to send a marketing email for my store with a "failed" result.  i've received maybe 10 of the 50 or so search emails that i usually get each day.

this has been going on for about 5 days or so.

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon Apr 6 01:47:07 2015

@mindelec,

So, it's not just me. I'm in Australia and I've been getting only four of my ~30 search emails for the past week; this also happened once before for a period a short while ago ...

Hopeless ...

by: Terry in Texas This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 6 13:18:32 2015

i figured something was up. i sent a buyer a $2 refund for postage overage. i got a worried email back saying ''why did you refund my payment? i really wanted that skirt.''

i had to write a long email explaining i HAD shipped the skirt but that the refund was only for $2. she apparently never received the email with the tracking number from Ebay ( i had to send it). Nor did she receive the email from Paypal that included the message with the amount of and reason for the refund (or she did and simply did not read it).

on another note, did anyone else notice ebay has returned to it's email subject line and display of ''congratulations, your item just sold--get it ready to ship.'' ?  I'd been getting a very UNUSEFUL one that said ''SOLD: item name here'' that had no buyers name but a picture of the shipping label.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 6 17:36:54 2015

@philip

i've noticed it happens every couple of months or so along with a nose dive in sales.  my theory is that it happens when they tweak best match.