Wed Dec 23 2015 11:00:14

eBay Selling Tool Displays Worrying Error Message

By: Reader

I love reading your regular news about eBay etc. and just wondered if you had any advice on a Turbo Lister problem please?

I have been using Turbo Lister for some years but about a year and a half ago I started getting a message before I uploaded from Turbo Lister saying "THIS LISTING DOES NOT MEET CROSS-BORDER TRADE REQUIREMENTS."

I have been listing successfully during this period but wonder why I keep getting this message and if it restricts the exposure of my lots outside the UK.

I have spent over 2 hours on calls to the USA help centre of eBay/Turbo Lister with various links being sent to me - none of which worked at all, no-one seems to know what it means and nor do they seem to be too bothered about it. I am!

Perhaps some of your readers have come across this and might be able to help?

I am still on 100% feedback for getting on for 4000 feedbacks - so I am doing something right? I give 100% refunds for any reason, I pay return postage for unwanted items, for any reason. Can't see where I am going wrong?

Thanks if you can help at all.
Best regards and a very Happy Christmas to you at AuctionBytes.
John

eBay Selling Tool Displays Worrying Error Message   eBay Selling Tool Displays Worrying Error Message

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Dec 23 12:18:11 2015

Where's Marie? I know she's stated she uses (or used) Turbo Lister.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Wed Dec 23 13:34:07 2015

I gave up on Turbo Lister 10 years ago!

It's just to easy to use "sell similar item"

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Dec 23 19:49:14 2015

Here I am, between baking pies and the such.  Lots of family and friends coming over the next couple of days.  It is going to be FUN!!  I hope all of you have a fantastic Holiday Season as well.

I've never had this issue, but I'm pretty versed in this program.  What I have found is that about once a year something goes very strange with TL.  I too have spent many hours on the phone with support and more emails than I can count.  It rarely helps.  So now I just resort to self help and it has always worked for me.

What I do is make sure you have a current back up.  If you are sure, back up your TL.

Now this may sound counter productive, but it really is not.  I want you to UNINSTALL TL.  Get rid of it.  All of it EXCEPT your backups.

Now go to the Ebay website and re-install the program.  Here is a link.

turbolister.html

Once
you have re-installed the program, go to the tool bar and hover over the first item which says "file".  Click on "Restore Database".  Select the most current back up and let it run.

When it is all done and all your data has been returned, hopefully it will work better, quicker and without that annoying message.

Let me know how it works out for you.

by: epuise This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 28 11:00:31 2015

Also... THIS PRODUCT NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INCLUSION IN GSP... (for us US sellers)...

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Dec 28 12:48:43 2015

Are you saying you get that message when using TL?

Try what I suggested above and see if it goes away.

by: stampman.cowell This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 28 15:20:31 2015

Thanks for your help folks, will try uninstalling - as Ebay is certainly not interested!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Dec 28 15:28:22 2015

Let me know how it goes for you.  I end up doing this once or twice a year.  I too have found the CSRs for TL are reluctant to help.  Everything seems to be the seller's fault either my misunderstanding or the way we use the program.  And that is just not always the case, but it is always the first thing they go to.

I know it can sound scary to uninstall a program.  But it is the best way to fix TL the vast majority of the time.

JUST REMEMBER TO DO THE BACKUP FIRST!  That is so important so you can prevent losing any data.