Thu Nov 26 2015 07:31:54

eBay Delays New Listings from Appearing in Search

By: Reader

It is frustrating to list an item to start at a given time/end at a given time when it may take many hours for eBay to "index it" e.g. list to start at 10:30 p.m. eastern U.S. eBay doesn't have it showing up in search til after 1:00 a.m. if lucky.

A seller can lose out on that newly listed items bump.

I just saw at least 20 items with start times hours after my item already in search. But tonight I noticed that even though eBay doesn't have my item available for sellers to see, the item is appearing in my Auctiva Scrolling Gallery.

So I guess my question is this, if Auctiva can have my item up and running in the Gallery posted on eBay, then why can't eBay have it available in "Search" and in "see other items" for my selling page. Thanks so much for all you do!
Sincerely,
V.

eBay Delays New Listings from Appearing in Search   eBay Delays New Listings from Appearing in Search

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu Nov 26 11:08:00 2015

I'm going to test this out.

I'll relist a Timken 9110K Bearing at 7:55 am this morning

Let's see how long it takes to show up in search.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu Nov 26 11:15:14 2015

Test Complete

Item showed up in search at 8:01 am

6 minutes, I'm good with that.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu Nov 26 11:21:09 2015

I made a change to the listing now it's gone.

Let's see how long it takes before it comes back up.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Nov 26 12:54:31 2015

I would venture a guess that your account has some kind of glitch attached to it.  It should not take anywhere near that long for your listings to show up.

Sometimes if the items you sell might be something that VERO is watching out for, VERO doesn't allow these types of listings to show up in the searches until they have reviewed it.  That can take an extra few minutes, but normally not more than about 30 minutes or so.

It is unfortunate, but you will need to call Ebay and keep calling them until you get someone that knows what they are talking about.  I hope this turns out for you.

by: unknown This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 26 15:53:12 2015

Ebay says on the page just before you hit list the item that it can take up to 24 hours to show up in search. When they first started it, ebay also said if something didn't show up in search for more than 24 hours they'd credit you for 1 full day.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 30 07:36:36 2015

My listings show almost immediately online after I list.  I don't know about search, because I never search for my items.  But I assume if it's listed, it's searchable.  I don't know what the OP is experiencing.  That's a strange one.

by: lindysthings This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 30 09:14:12 2015

OP, You might try scheduling your listings ahead of time to start at a predetermined time. That gives Ebay time to preview them if there would be any Vero issues as someone suggested, or any reason for them to have to check them out.