Mon Nov 23 2015 12:01:26

eBay Requires Seller to Make New Link with PayPal

By: Reader

I so fed up! Since last week eBay has been fiddling with my being able to list items. When they (literally beg) me to re-list...after I do so or make a price change, I am IMMEDIATELY sent to PayPal with the instructions from EBAY to set up a pre-approved payment plan between the two companies.

Even tho, I have (and am advised able to) opted OUT from this on my eBay site. But because I do not sign this request...my listing is denied! This is Outrageous!

At first I could not believe this, so I tried again...and again! By now I was really pi...d because I NEED some sales before the holidays!

Today, I am listing through my SSB account and 1 out of two of my listings are getting a red error banner! (I have listed the same for 10 years or more!). Wrote to SSB and they tell me this is coming from eBay and they have had many complaints...will get back to me when eBay resolves the problem.

So Ina, I am a frustrated seller who has seldom had complaints (even while having poor to non-existent sales the past 2 months) but this is really getting me very very frustrated…as an art dealer, eBay is my constant source for income...my clients and potential buyers look for new listings every week...

Appreciate hearing if others are having these same crazy problems.
All Best
J.

eBay Requires Seller to Make New Link with PayPal   eBay Requires Seller to Make New Link with PayPal

by: eBayJay This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 08:28:57 2015

Do you have an etsy store? Might be the way to go, selling art.. Good luck.

by: moonmyst This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 09:17:55 2015

Considering eBay and PayPal have split, why would either one care about the other?

On the flip side of this issue, I noticed PayPal still wants buyers to resolve an issue through eBay first and then come to them for resolution. Why? If they're not connected anymore, why do they still mention eBay at all?

It will probably be quite awhile before both of them can can totally be free of each other. That is, if they are truly separate entities. I'm beginning to wonder.

by: Susie This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 09:23:06 2015

I'm not sure I understand. You don't want to accept PayPal. Do you have your own eBay-approved gateway? How do buyers pay?

I do know eBay won't allow sellers to accept questionable, unsafe payment methods like Western Union, MoneyGrams, etc.

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 09:26:26 2015

>>That is, if they are truly separate entities.<<

If you really believe that I have some land for sale in Florida that you can have for cheap. I haven't seen anything yet that really shows me that these two will be/are separate companies.

by: rhawk This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 09:26:57 2015

@ ebayjay,  Etsy is/was a good place to sell, but sellers need to be aware that etsy announced a couple weeks ago that they are now manipulating search based on seller performance, relativity, and even buyer location!   Their version of seller extermination is now underway it appears.

by: edwatt This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 09:56:05 2015

Yes, I have the exact same problem,  You say "pre-approved payment plan between the two companies."  It is actually that ebay wants to be able to automatically deduct your monthly ebay seller fees from PayPal when due.
These fees are billed on the 15th of the month and are due the following month.  I pay by the end of the month which I have been doing for 15 years or so.  I do not want nor do I have any automatic deductions from my account.

You can agree to the deduction to get your item listed.  Then go to PayPal and remove the authorization.  This worked 3 times for me but now they will not allow me to use PayPal as my automatic payment, they want a bank or credit card.
So................. I just stopped listing new items on ebay.  You know, for me it was the final straw.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ihatethebay

Wed Nov 25 10:03:50 2015

Welcome to the club, Original Poster.

You don't say how long you've been selling on the Feebay but in any event, the two are joined at the hip, no matter what happens on paper.

I would suggest you go to Etsy, but now Etsy has morphed into Etsbay by emulating all the wrong characteristics of Greedbay........

Try Vangoe.com, it ties in with your art sales....

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Wed Nov 25 10:31:16 2015

eBay does not understand that combined orders will have one tracking number. In at least one case they failed to capture the tracking number for all but one item in a combined order. There is no consistency check to catch the error. (The most recent occurrence coincided with one of the recent "partial" outages.) The eBay API lacks sufficient acknowledgement transactions to allow an external application to verify whether all of the updated information was captured. A complete download and comparison of status would be required.

eBay could fix the problem if, by default, a tracking number assigned to one item in a shipment was assigned to all of the items. If a second tracking number is added, eBay should ask the seller to assign tracking numbers to items similar to the fancy, but useless spreadsheet offered to update listings with "missing" pictures or some other unexplained "missing" title elements.

by: Susie This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 25 13:01:48 2015

Hmmmmm . . . So eBay wants to make sure it gets paid every month. How horrible!!! What's the world coming to?

How many services do you subscribe to that DON'T require you to have a payment method on file?

I don't see anyone complaining that neither Amazon nor Etsy are exactly on the honor system at fee time, either. But then eBay bashing is so much more popular.

by: edwatt This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 26 11:08:21 2015

@Susie  Right back at you.  Hmn.......................  I have many accounts that provide a service and bill me monthly. I suspect you do also.
The problem is that ebays invoice has a due date, about 30 days after billing.  For 15 years, I have been paying the amount due well before the due date.
Then, with no announcement that I am aware of, they decide an deduction must be on file.  I do not trust them to have that permission.
If that is ebay bashing so be it.

This user has validated their user name. by: thehosst

Thu Nov 26 21:31:59 2015

After so many years and issues I finally realized that is not eBay or Paypal but rather the people from the outsourced "support" who are super lazy and stupid, just to be nice. You have to demand for better support people, they use the 1 penny a day people and they are causing billions in loses to sellers worldwide.