Thu Nov 19 2015 10:32:50

Is eBay Displaying Your Handling Times Correctly?

By: Reader

Today while "cleaning up my inventory" I discovered a big problem with about 200 of my listing out of about 560.

My problem listings were showing a handling time of 11-16 days! I called eBay, the cs rep informed me that they are aware of this problem and that it has been happening for 2-3 months, but that they been aware of it for a few weeks.

Obviously this has a very broad reach for how this can and has affected my ability to sell. How many sales have I lost because of this EXTENDED shipping/handling time?

Also not receiving my Top Rated Seller discount, not to mention I had ended about 60 items and had thrown them out today because of "lack of selling and interest" and considering the time it took to actually list those items in the first place.

The rep actually credited me $100, although that does help some, I thought about others who may not be aware of the issue and just wanted to share and perhaps you can find out more.
K.

Is eBay Displaying Your Handling Times Correctly?   Is eBay Displaying Your Handling Times Correctly?

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Nov 19 11:38:47 2015

Wow. How does this happen?

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 19 11:54:11 2015

My second grader could program these sites better than the IT's can....

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu Nov 19 16:18:53 2015

Why is it, whenever a seller reports a problem to a CSR, the response is they are "aware of the problem," and it's been happening for weeks or months. Does any problem that's been reported ever get fixed? Why isn't someone fixing all the glitches which get reported on a daily basis? Just recently there's been problems with the ship to country list, markdown manager, and now handling times. Hey, Devin, how about fixing these issues before trying to sell insurance policies to the buyers?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Nov 20 03:11:00 2015

My handling time hasn't even appeared on my listings in well over a year.  I am TRS and have maintained it, so in the listing set up it is correct.  But it does not display on my listings.

This user has validated their user name. by: Basset

Fri Nov 20 22:30:25 2015

Once again the Holidays are upon us, and the eBay elves are tweaking:

My ''pay now'' page has been revised for a few weeks now.  I can choose to bypass PayPal and pay directly with a credit card (for all purchases - not just those sellers with direct credit card accounts).  Up until it changed, I was always sent to PayPal to log in first, and then pay by whatever method I chose: bank or card.

One of my listing frame views has somehow ''zoomed'' to a larger overall font.  Everything else is ''normal'' - just this screen. Not bad, I just spent a few moments trying to figure out what I did to make it that way, before concluding I did nothing.

New view on my ''items sold'' pages. Things rearranged.  Again, not bad - just a game of hide and seek to find the link I'm looking for.

Everyone else may already be seeing these, but they're all new to me.

So far, my handling times seem fairly accurate,  and yes, I am also seeing the long ''ship to'' lists on other sellers' listings.

It seems whether listing or buying one must always expect the unexpected.

by: kazaly This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 02:07:21 2015

In Australia this is becoming a very big issue with the proposed introduction of Late Shipment defects.
eBay routinely get the transit time estimates wrong.
eg Aus Post will quote 1 to 4 business days yet eBay will state 3.

They will then ask the buyer if the item arrived in the time expected and penalise sellers if it does not!

Aus Post is also attempting to introduce a 2 speed mail system just to complicate matters further.

We'll probably all have been forced into tracking everything long before this occurs though.

eBay will be shooting themselves in the foot with this bright idea as many cheaper items are not cost effective to ship with tracking.

by: Bidonmine This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 08:08:38 2015

I bet the problem is that they can't figure out how to get the B.A.S.I.C. code they have been using to work anymore (You remember BASIC, the programming code from the 70's and 80's)..

by: whipnet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 11:22:27 2015

I've noticed that "Fast n Free" no longer shows anywhere (that I've seen)  Maybe it's because of the holiday's, maybe I missed the memo.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 30 12:03:10 2015

I so wish that both the "Handling time"  AND the shipping cost would show to the SELLERS---I get questions on this and have to often say--I have NO idea what ebay is showing you for either one.

This is particularly a problem with shipping cost and I often have to ask a buyer WHAT number ebay is showing!  Now---I get that you can't know until the item sells WHERE it is going to--I am talking AFTER the sale I have had questions.  I have also had ebays system CHANGE the weight on items to a HEAVIER one than what I selected--surely costing me SALES.

These seem like such stupid petty things until they add up and get annoying.