Mon Nov 16 2015 10:40:57

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

By: Reader

I always time my auctions to end Sunday nights just after 930PM Eastern Time. eBay extended almost all of them (but not every single one) around 2-3 hours.

Maybe they thought they were doing me a favor, but I have been doing this 18 years and I have a lot of repeat buyers who wait to bid at my normal time.

At first I thought I had scheduled them in error, but I checked and all were marked with correct times. Having them end after midnight on the east is a little too late for my plans.
K.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Mon Nov 16 11:11:33 2015

When I did auctions I always had them end at 10 pm eastern time. Not too late for the east coast buyers and not too early for the west coast buyers.

Adding an hour or 2 would really PISS me off!

But the fact is we stopped doing auctions back in 2008

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

by: Steevo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 16 12:36:49 2015

Yeah, they were doing you a favor.

Like ending an auction in the dead of night makes any sense at all. When I do auctions I have to carefully determine the best ending time, as does everyone.

Stupid.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Nov 16 13:31:07 2015

eBay micro-manages everything else, why not micro-manage this as well. They've pretty much taken over sellers' businesses entirely.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Nov 16 15:46:57 2015

Could this have been intentional to make up for the black-out/outage? I'm not an eBay supporter at all, but maybe they thought they were doing you a favor for the hours that no one could bid.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 18 01:15:49 2015

I've had that happen to me as well.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

by: toyman This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 18 10:12:10 2015

Could this have been the ''Time Change'' weekend. It is sometimes tough to figure the correct time to start an auction that will end after the time change, generally causing a two hour swing, sometimes in the wrong direction.

eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?   eBay Extends Auctions Sunday Night?

by: Toledo Maude This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 18 10:50:19 2015

Have not received a promised refund (6 bucks maybe) from last's month problem when sales were not ended on time and ran for several more days.

Has anyone received a promised refund from this little snafu?