Fri Nov 6 2015 10:20:53

PayPal Should Pull eBay Ads from Seller's Shipping Labels

By: Reader

Are eBay and PayPal not two separate independent companies now? So why do my PayPal labels still have an eBay logo and eBay advertisement on them?

Is eBay paying PayPal for this? I think eBay should be paying us consumers to advertise on the labels we use.
Jeffery

PayPal Should Pull eBay Ads from Seller's Shipping   PayPal Should Pull eBay Ads from Seller's Shipping

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 6 12:13:25 2015

Seperate companies that are still joined at the hip for a few more years.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Nov 6 13:51:32 2015

Separate on paper only.

I don't think it appears on my labels anymore but if it did I'd either cut it off or blacken it with a Sharpie.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Nov 6 14:04:35 2015

I print all my labels through PayPal's MultiOrder shipping. At the top right where the eBay logo used to appear, I now see only "www.paypal.com". I don't know how Jeffrey (OP) is printing his labels, but perhaps if you print labels through eBay the logo remains.

by: Saintsteven This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 6 14:33:13 2015

I prefer to use Endicia so I can print MY ads on the label, which consists of a small logo.  However, I get a postage discount from eBay from the TRS thing, so when I print from eBay, those labels presently have a little thing at the bottom that says ''It's easy!  Sell to buy what you love'' with an eBay URL to ebay.com/getstarted.  I cut those off-I think they're tacky, and they can damn well pay me for any referrals I might make.  Never mind the part where I would never give that advice to a newbie.  Haven't printed a PayPal label lately, so I'm not sure what kind of propaganda those might display.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Nov 7 15:49:49 2015

Ebay is a major shareholder of PP.  In the split, stockholders received 1 PP stock for every Ebay stock they owned.  So if you were a stockholder pre-spinoff, you still own part of PP.

by: rachel This user has validated their user name.

Sun Nov 8 01:58:44 2015

TRS labels for priority just show ebay now in the top right hand portion. They used to also show Paypal but no more ( I print on ebay shipping) I do find it tacky and also inviting to thieves so I put a
Priority Mail sticker or another sticker over it, Handle with Care or something like that. Always thought branding of these sites on labels was stupid and asking for trouble (and tacky).

by: That Guy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Nov 8 10:08:29 2015

Really, who is the 'label advertising' aimed at? The buyer & seller already know about eBay. I'm sure the mail carrier does too. It's nothing but a waste of ink & time.

This user has validated their user name. by: IDKwhoIare

Sun Nov 8 10:27:20 2015

All that having eBay printed on your shipping label does is invite theft.

I starting cutting mine off years ago when ebay first started showing their logo there because I had a rash of ''lost'' packages at that point.  Have not lost one since cutting it off.

I will cut off the one's that say Paypal.com too, simply because it infers package is a personal purchase vs a business mail piece.  I believe mis-delivered mail is returned faster when people think it is ''official-looking'' business as well as stopping peeps from opening hoping to find some goody.

All that good logic & experience aside, it also burns me to provide free advertisement to either company.

by: DonC This user has validated their user name.

Sun Nov 8 11:41:59 2015

Cut them off.

If I have to pay multi million companies for advertisement they can damn well pay me when the roles are exchanged.

by: ruthie This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 9 00:17:24 2015

I sell on Ruby Lane and haven't had an ebay advertisement on my PP labels since the split. There is a PP ad, but I just cut it off the label.