Fri Oct 30 2015 09:44:16

Reader Says PayPal Returns Promotion Excludes eBay Sellers

By: Reader

Re: PayPal to Pick Up the Tab for Holiday Returns (link to Newsflash article)

I just read under what conditions you can not use PayPal's free paid returns. One of the reasons is if the seller pays for their returned product.

Ha! eBay forces sellers to pay return shipping. Most other sites don't deal with the same whiny babies as sellers do on eBay. So it's a useless feature if you only sell on eBay.

Of course I'm not surprised.
H.

Reader Says PayPal Returns Promotion Excludes eBay   Reader Says PayPal Returns Promotion Excludes eBay

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Oct 30 11:53:40 2015

This is why I started fighting "item not as described cases" when the item was indeed as described.  I'll take the potential negative before I will reward a liar buyer financially. I haven't lost a case that I challenged yet, but even if I do I can live with that.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Oct 30 12:22:00 2015

I haven't lost a single return case either! Why?

Because I DON'T get returns.

In the last 15 years I've had 5 items returned out of the 30,000+ sales.

Don't sell chinese stuff and you won't get returns!

It's that easy. . .

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Oct 30 13:02:56 2015

PayPal's promotion falls under the "if it's too good to be true" theory. You had to know there would be a loophole of some kind, especially when it comes to eBay sellers.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Oct 30 14:22:51 2015

@toolguy - Returns have nothing to do with "Chinese stuff." And just how many of your tools are made in the US?

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 30 14:49:28 2015

@OP The only forced returns by Ebay are for the carrot jumpers. We haven't accepted a return in years but then again we don't do carrots either.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 30 16:05:31 2015

Tool - if you would like to experience what they rest of us do - please show us your listings.

Each of us here will buy something, claim SNAD and get you to pick up the free return freight (after we take anything removable off the item!)

Then you will be able to financially understand how the rest of us feel - are you game ?

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Fri Oct 30 18:20:07 2015

@Tool

"Don't sell chinese stuff and you won't get returns!"

If there was ever ONE statement that exposed your ignorance about ebay buyer dynamics, it's the one above.

Many of us sell only American made goods, provide complete and accurate descriptions, and get returns a small portion of which are legitimate.

You aren't omniscient and I for one, would appreciate some much needed humility from you.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Oct 30 18:51:50 2015

@ Ming

I post here what "MY" eBay experience is.

I know many sellers that have problems and most of those problems are a direct reflection of what they are selling.

If you're selling a problem product you're going to have problems, aka: glassware, electronics, clothes, shoes, toys, collectibles or as I said just about anything made in china.

I've been there! I used to sell chemistry glass on eBay.

I had more problem buyers then good ones.

I changed my product and my world on eBay changed.

Nothing magical or mysterious about it. . .

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Oct 30 19:55:49 2015

@pace - toolguy has posted his eBay seller ID several times. It's "z50com".

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Oct 30 23:35:08 2015

@iheartjacksparrow

Well, now you've gone and done it :-(

pace will buy a tool, wait 179 days and request a return.

How will I ever get any sleep?

I have to admit for all the eBay negativity here I've never had a problem with any of Auctionbyte's members.

It proves most people are good and honest.

There's still hope for the world. . .

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sat Oct 31 00:58:58 2015

I and may others here are NOT selling "problem products."

You have a far from complete understanding of how ebay actually works.

And, please, don't attempt to deflect criticism by claiming you're only discussing your "ebay experience."

The fact is you're trying to blame sellers for most returns. You can't escape what you've written.

Get over yourself.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Oct 31 03:12:00 2015

I've said this many times.  There are categories on Ebay that tend to have a high rate of returns and problematic buyers.

Toolguy does not sell in one of those categories, so his experience is limited on this subject.  It doesn't make his experience any less important than others.  It just means this is a subject in which he is inexperienced on and therefore does not know it as well as other sellers.

Many times having a higher rate of returns does not mean that the seller is doing anything wrong or is a irresponsible seller.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  There are just higher percentages of buyers that are looking for rentals or free items in certain categories and those sellers tend to have a tougher time with this problem.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 03:25:13 2015

@Ming

"You have a far from complete understanding of how ebay actually works."

So a seller with "problems" understands how eBay works better then a seller with very few problems.

Do YOU hear yourself?

Let's get this more out in the open. What do YOU sell on eBay?

Give us a better insight to who Ming really is. . .

Do you sell collectibles or Caterpillar parts?

What's your eBay forte?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 03:29:02 2015

@Marie

Like I said, the product a seller chooses to sell on eBay will have a direct reflection on how many returns they have.

A seller of shoes will have way more returns then a seller of tools.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 11:51:35 2015

@Rexford

The fact is I don't seem to have the problems a lot of other eBay sellers are having.

Why do you think this is?

I'll tell you why.

Aircraft Mechanics are no nonsense people, they act in a professional & honest way.

I sell American made stuff so it doesn't break the first few times it's used. In fact most of the tools I sell are over 50 years old! They lived a hard life but still have another 50 years of service.

I'm honest with my buyers and don't hide defects, I take many clear pictures and include a note in each package so if a customer is unhappy they can call or text me on my cell phone.

I also sell cheaper then most of my competition. I try to undercut the cheapest price on Amazon and then list it on eBay. I always want my eBay customers to get a better deal on eBay then they can on Amazon. . .

PS: I don't get embarrassed about my eBay stupidity, it pays the bills ~ LOL

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 11:54:57 2015

Off Topic:

My favorite eBay seller right now is: bidadoo_business

Check them out, they sell REAL EXPENSIVE items on eBay.

No negs or nutes and 4.9 across the board.

Looking forward to buying a pickup truck from them!

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Sat Oct 31 17:09:02 2015

@Tool

It's none of your or ebay's concern (on this blog) what I'm selling or who I am.

I sell quality, American made products and have relatively few returns in the course of a year compared to others.

I also take clear photos, write cogent, clear, and complete product descriptions but nevertheless get returns.

What I find so infuriating about you and the other cheerleaders like you who show up here occasionally is that you and they lecture the rest of us about areas you obviously know next to nothing about. Some here have probably been in sales for longer than you've alive. You have nothing new to say to them.

If you have so few returns, great. I suspect there are few here who would want to be you.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 18:21:08 2015

@ Ming

"Some here have probably been in sales for longer than you've alive."

That's one of the problems!

They think they're back in the 60's and it's now the 21st century.

You sound like a good seller of American made products with few returns, kind of like me!

So what's your beef with ebay?

I've been reading this forum for over 10 years, you've NEVER said anything positive about ebay but yet you're a great seller.

Strange. . .

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Sat Oct 31 21:01:27 2015

Everybody sell tools. Problem solved.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Oct 31 21:33:22 2015

@Bloggo

You need any help just ask.

There some key locations in the US that makes buying tools easier. If you're serious about selling tools.

I'm always willing to give out my secrets to buying and selling on eBay.