Mon Sept 1 2014 20:47:32

eBay Seller Unable to Use Auto-Relist Feature

By: Reader

Hope you are enjoining the holiday.

eBay software is screwed up = no surprise. I had to call three times to get a "supervisor" that understood what the problem is. I had the auctions listed with the 3X free redo. I didn't put anything up for the past two weeks - they wouldn't list.

Called several times - no help naturally. I was told I would have to list the items separately and remove the 3 from each one. It didn't work.

Finally got some one that had to list everything from eBay's end of the software. Nothing could be done from my end. Just keep getting the same error message that they couldn't be re-listed due to the fact that there were on auto re list. Except that they weren't auto re listed.

Maybe you should run a survey asking what the next screw up at eBay is likely to be.
Best,
Joyce

eBay Seller Unable to Use Auto-Relist Feature   eBay Seller Unable to Use Auto-Relist Feature

by: 1 Womans Treasures This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 1 22:59:56 2014

Just be happy that you get the list free 3Xs option.  I have never gotten it.  I have relatives who can get it on their account, but it has never been extended to me.  I have even started over with a fresh listing thinking maybe the use of "list similar item" and reusing my previous listing was not letting the field load.  Nothing still.  I have called ebay about it, and was advised the option would be extended to everyone eventually. That was months ago.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 1 23:29:56 2014

@JOYCE /OP---

I too have had this issue--in fact I think I might have done an EKG  here about it a few weeks ago.

What ended up happening with mine--and this was for BOTH the "Re-list 3 times"  and plain old 7 day listings that failed to sell--was::

I would go to my UNSOLD list;  pick one to RELIST;  hit the blue RELIST button and then get taken to a regular old listing page.  Aside from being annoying this wasted a lot of TIME but I would go thru all of the listings points to see if I needed to change anything--and quite a few times discovered that things had  been CHANGED on my listings!  Shipping weights etc.  So I fixed them and went to the next page and when I was done with preview I would hit LIST ITEM.  I would then get a RED BOX that told me I could NOT list the item as it was ALREADY LISTED.

Heres the  thing---If I went BACK to my SELLING PAGE--these items would---in a minute-- SHOW UP AS PROPERLY LISTED.  Sometimes I had to REFRESH.

So--I think--unless this system has failed utterly--that you just need to give it a short wait time and try REFRESH and see if they come up.  I ended up having to go back EVERY TIME to my SELLING page to make SURE they were showing up right--if you don't and go back and try to RELIST again you will get a NASTY NOTE RED BOX WARNING telling you that  you will be getting a visit from ebay's Goon Squad because you dared to commit the cardinal sin of::: DUPLICATE ITEM LISTING.

Which unless you are based in China and sell fake vintage items or car parts or cheap knock offs--is NOT ALLOWED and will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.

In fact I think  this is HOW I discovered this in the first place---getting those Duplicate Listing warnings.  Tipped me to the fact that they were there---somewhere.

Confusing?  Why---yes.  Yes it IS.  I cannot fathom WHY ebay pretends to not KNOW that these things are happening--and WHERE does all that money WE PAY ebay GO to???    Lining the Ho's pockets no doubt instead of some high school level coders.

Try this and let us know if it works for you.

I was not aware that this "Relist for free 3 times"  was NOT extended to all----Hmmmmm-----

by: Duke This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 2 00:37:07 2014

I also had problems trying to relist items that had used the 3x relist feature using the "relist" button.

Here's what I found:  Instead of hitting "Relist", hit "Sell Similar".  It will bring up the exact same listing and allow you to relist the item.

Speaking of 3x relist, I have noticed items listed with Turbo Lister don't include the option when revising online.  Only items I list or relist on eBay have that option.  Found a workaround but it's a hassle.

by: JohnGermaine This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 2 09:42:08 2014

The 3 Free Relists disappeared for me January 1. They just vanished. All of the items I had asked to relist for free after that date did not relist. From what I read here and at other posts, it was some experiment in the first place though some people still have it. Nothing eBay does makes much sense and this would be one of them. Remember that they are profit driven and giving anything away is not good for profits.

This user has validated their user name. by: monkey

Tue Sep 2 18:09:47 2014

If you can avoid using the free auto-listing option, you should do so.

For instance, if you are taking advantage of free listings, you will be better off letting the listing die.

Then choose "sell similar", change or jumble the keywords in the title and fluff up the first 30 or so words in your description.

Now you will have a new listing.

Otherwise, eBay sees your listing as chronically not selling, and reportedly that can affect all your listings in search. It's a swim to the bottom.

By using "sell similar", and freshening up your listing, it is re-indexed and you have a better position in search.

by: RichieC This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 2 20:52:29 2014

Your words ring true...

"  eBay has gotten worse that the Keystone Cops. Their constant "glitches" throughout the site are just mind boggling. Any other company would have long since gone out of business - or at the very lease had new management put in place before that actually happened.  "

For more than 10 years I watched a once great selling platform turn into an outrageous multitude of headaches! From a "VENUE" that once only provided a instrument for sellers to sell their wares, to a behemoth CORPORATION now running my business!

This is just their continuation of outrage and insult to every (non big box) seller on eBay. The complaints on the selling end has been growing exponentially for a number of years. Started with small things, you know, like we're going to make things better! Remember restricting the seller's ability to post feedback, it's better for you! Consolidating fees from 9/11% to a flat 10%, saves you more! But wait, then they gave you more free listing! All alone removing countless (Top) Categories from the Free Fixed Listing program! So now auction style fees are 10%, when they were 9% before!

REMEMBER...