Wed July 23 2014 11:58:55

Seller Calls on eBay to Provide Sales History to Verify Defects

By: Reader

I was reviewing our defect report which is .62 which ain't too bad today. Anyhow, when I go to look-up defect's left, eBay only stores sales history of items sold for 90 days, so I can't see if the defects left are accurate or not.

If we are going to be rated on defects ranging back 90 days or more, it seems unfair eBay is not making  sales history available more than 90 days or at least back to our last defect.

For seller's that have played by the rules on eBay, I feel kinda penalized without data to keep everybody honest - not that eBay would every make a mistake reporting defects.

Please with-hold our user name. It really galls me that the mistrust of eBay has grown so great I can't even use my own name

Thanks,
K.

Seller Calls on eBay to Provide Sales History to V   Seller Calls on eBay to Provide Sales History to V

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Wed Jul 23 12:44:13 2014

OP says: "so I can't see if the defects left are accurate or not."

And that is exactly how eBay want it.

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Wed Jul 23 13:57:26 2014

''And that is exactly how eBay want it.''

Check.

by: maxmad This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 23 15:45:25 2014

Most of our defects are from sending a refund, without doing a cancelation, but if the transaction is past 45 days, we can no longer issue a cancelation to have the defect removed,

Ebay is out of control, they are making up bad policies on top of bad policies, that make no sense,

Anyone who is not a seller could not even begin to imagine, what these idiots have done, it goes against all logic and common sense,

I really hope it works out for ebay, and that it accomplishes what they want, but from what I have experienced, and how I feel about this, I am not sure this is going to go so well for ebay,

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 23 22:46:16 2014

The walls of ebay are beginning to crack.  Sadly they will not let in the light;  however;  we can only hope that certain people are in the room when the water rushes in.

This user has validated their user name. by: thehosst

Wed Jul 23 23:28:23 2014

Somehow this has to be against the law, just because you own a site, it does not mean that you need to manipulate and trick the very people who made you. Amazon is now taking steps to correct the way the punish sellers, eBay quite the opposite, and always a million years behind. When are they going to fire that CEO?

by: renegade-chance This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 02:44:22 2014

Run the Item Number report in the Detailed Reports area of your dashboard.

Follow the instructions...lets you know what buyer leaves you exactly what for dsr numbers (1-5) for each transaction going back to one full year.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jul 24 02:59:19 2014

Sales reports don't show defects.  So I'm unsure as to what good it would do if Ebay allow you to go back further from the dashboard in regards to sales reports.

With that said, it would be nice to have one detailed report that outlined all our failings, whoops I mean defects.

But for now you would have to look at multiple places to review defects.

You can run a DSR report for the period you want to look at to check out those defects.

You can go to your resolution center and review cases and cancellations there.

From your dashboard you can get reports related to your tracking.

One detailed report sure would be nice.  But the info is available, you just have to go to a few places to gather it all.

by: cmabresch This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 05:49:29 2014

You can find some of the data, go to seller dashboard go to trending data under the current months evaluation stats, you can curser back 12 months and it shows defects per month

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Jul 24 06:30:42 2014

"Somehow this has to be against the law, just because you own a site, it does not mean that you need to manipulate and trick the very people who made you."

That's why they use these insane user agreements.  Refuse to sign them, and you won't do business on their crooked site.  You have to drink the poison and be willing to take the beatings to do business there.

Isn't it a strange way to do business?

by: doboy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 06:46:32 2014

Last week I watched with interest a segment on a news show details a philanthropic group of billionaires determined to leave a massive chunk of their wealth to funding organizations as opposed to family.  Guess what?  Our eBay founder was there along with Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and more.  Now, just how do you think our eBay founder managed to attain billionaire status with the ability to leave virtually all his wealth to others?  You guessed correctly--on the hard working backs of all of us being squeezed to death day after day to make it possible for him to do so.  That wealth is our wealth--not his.  We toiled to give it to him.  He is making no great bequest--we are!

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Thu Jul 24 07:16:08 2014

The projected defect rate for the current month is inaccurate because eBay treats new orders as ''failure to upload tracking''. In effect, eBay assumes that tracking will never be uploaded for items pending shipment in tracking reports. Failure to provide accurate and complete reporting information shows that eBay has no regard for sellers or that its software developers are ineffective or both.

by: Denizen This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 07:47:22 2014

I am prepared to be officially declared ''defective'' on Aug. 20 because of the tracking issues. I cannot put tracking on envelopes - USPS rules. I would have to send everything certified at a minimum cost of $4.00. That might solve the tracking issue - even though gouging the buyer on s/h but would open another issue - buyers having to sign for every small, inexpensive item they might purchase from me. I can hear the howls now about the trips to the PO to sign for a postcard!!

So I think I will consider my ''defective status'' as a ''badge of honor'' earned for being fair to my buyers.

by: IndyTom This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 08:28:23 2014

A flawed EBay is still just about all we have out there for this kind of selling. Imagine how great it could be if the company liked and trusted its sellers again.  A letter writing campaign to the Board is in order, Donahue must go!

by: mightylucky This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 10:06:27 2014

Frankly I stopped chasing the carrot. I used to work with a buyer that had a problem by offering some kind of resolution. Partial refund etc. But now, since they have to open a case, which automatically gives me a defect, I just have the buyer send the item back for a refund. The have to pay the added expense of shipping it back and ebay losses the sales commission. NOT GOOD FOR THE SELLER,BUYER or EBAY.

by: exdwh This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 24 10:12:48 2014

@Denizen,

First Class Package is only $1.93. You just need to pad the mailer to 3/4''. The irony is that I can ship an international letter for $1.35 and many show tracking all the way to delivery. The others only show tracking within the US, but that's enough for eBay.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jul 24 11:58:38 2014

@exdwh

First Class parcel can be EITHER 3/4" thick at some point in the package / envelope OR stiffened.

If you make it stiff, it does not have to be 3/4" thick somewhere in the package.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jul 24 12:06:26 2014

Speaking specifically about the OP's complaint about Ebay.  Ebay isn't responsible for tracking or keeping your business records.  That is the responsibility of each seller.  If you are going to depend on Ebay for your business records / sales records, you will continue to be disappointed.

The OP is seeking a way to view what defects they received as related to specific transactions and / or period of time.  The sales records they feel they are missing have nothing to do with this.  The sales records on Ebay have never shown defects or DSR hits.

Many are using the complaint of the OP as somehow showing that Ebay is at fault once again, when it is the OP that is incorrect about what a sales report on Ebay even shows.

I'm not sticking up for Ebay, it is just this has nothing to do with hidden info by Ebay as some say.  But it is about the OP misunderstanding where to find certain info.  In an effort to help the OP get what they are looking for, they first need to understand what they are looking for and where it can be found.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Jul 24 16:53:55 2014

''Speaking specifically about the OP's complaint about Ebay.  Ebay isn't responsible for tracking or keeping your business records.''

OP is not asking eBay to keep his/her financial records.  OP simply want eBay to provide records to back up their claim of defects.  I think this is perfectly reasonable.

We've read over and over here that eBay is making mistakes as it relates to defects.  If eBay are going to hurt one's business using a defects system then eBay should be transparent and have easily accessible records backing up their claim of a defect.

I'm guessing that OP's use of the term ''sales records'' may have been a poor choice of words, but I think most of us get what she is trying to say.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jul 24 18:03:44 2014

@rexford

I understand that the OP is after where the heck those defects are coming from.  But they are misinformed if they think a Sales Report whether for the past 90 days or the past 12 months is going to give them that information.

Sales reports have never given that information, so I don't understand why you or other posters think it does.

Yes I too have some mistakes on my dashboard in relationship to defects.  But again, a SALES report for any given period of time is not going to help you understand where your defects have come from.

I don't know if it was just an oops in choice of words as most reports you CAN run for longer periods of time.  So I tend to think they are talking about the actual Sales Reports.

In an earlier post I gave a list of where you can get the information regarding what defects are on your account.  The information is available to anyone that chooses to seek it out.

However I am in FULL agreement that Ebay should put this under ONE report.  ONE DETAILED report that we can run off for any given date range.  I think it is a poor use of our time to make us go and few several reports to get information that should be readily available under one report.

You just have to know where to look.  The information is there.  Just some don't know where to find it.