Wed June 25 2014 10:15:09

eBay Adds Insult to Injury by Promoting Auto Relist Feature

By: Reader

We continue to receive reports from sellers unable to use the auto-relist feature, as described in this Newsflash story from yesterday.

You've been commenting quite a bit lately about the auto relist problems on eBay. I wondered if you might have some insight into this.

Like everyone else, or almost everyone else, I had the auto relist option when it was first introduced. I began using it at the beginning of 2014. It was great for January and February. Then March 1st, it disappeared.

Calls to eBay customer service got me nowhere. They tell me I'm a great seller but can only say that the option is in beta.

I truly miss that great feature. If I have an item listed as fixed price for 30 days, it actually gives you 3 months before it counts against your allotted free listings.
Marlene

***

I would send an eBay message saying I can use it but the option disappeared after a month and eBay representative say it was only available to certain sellers despite the fact that I received the invitation and announcement in my eBay Messages.
Kim

eBay Adds Insult to Injury by Promoting Auto Relis   eBay Adds Insult to Injury by Promoting Auto Relis

by: Mr. Me This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jun 25 11:09:42 2014

If ebay is such a vibrant marketplace as they claim, why is a re-list 3x feature necessary.?

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Wed Jun 25 20:18:07 2014

"[W]hy is a re-list 3x feature necessary?"

Well, if you are getting a 5% STR per month, you may be able to get 15% over three months; they are hoping that you will not just give up, when 95% of your items don't sell in that first month, and stop paying those fees ...

eBay Inc, where the incompetent mingle with the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid ...

This user has validated their user name. by: windsorbear

Wed Jun 25 22:55:54 2014

It is intermittently available on my listings.  Sometimes it won't show up until I make my first relist on an item, and at other times, it is there as an option when I first list an item.  Moot point either way as nothing seems to be selling anymore.  I can't even get any views, much less sales.

by: Jeffery This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jun 25 23:18:53 2014

Some sellers may not realize that the Auto Relist feature is only available for listing of single items, not multiple quantities.

by: cayenna This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jun 25 23:55:06 2014

Funny this would come up this evening as earlier today I was having to go through every listing individually to make sure the auto list box was NOT checked! I am so sick of this option some how automatically being checked when I never checked it. How easy for eBay to make even more $ off of us. I have to put my shop on vacation and I don't want new listings being listed...as just one example. I am about done on eBay how does a business owner be productive when they are constantly dealing with all of this immature garbage...NOT to mention there's no visibility left! As a top rated seller I have NO SALES! ZERO, ZIP.

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 26 00:49:16 2014

I am down to selling one item a day. Somedays nothing and then two items on the third day and so it averages out to one item per day. I am pulling out of 1 day handling. One item is not worth me going to Post Office.

by: marty This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 26 04:51:50 2014

(OFF TOPIC)

Tiffee Jasso ...One item is not worth me going to Post Office.

The sales are slower but why don't you use stamps.com. They are free for ebay users, the software downloads your paid orders. Printing labels is easy. + you can use their software also for non-ebay addresses, but these you need to input manually. You can also insure thru them. I had one claim, they paid  quickly.

This user has validated their user name. by: SusansAntiques

Thu Jun 26 07:32:04 2014

It is my understanding that when using the auto realist option your items go down in the search results. It is better to realist an item using the sell similar option, the listing then counts as new, ranking it higher in search.  Yes, auto realist can save time & maybe the listing fee if you don't have any free listings left for the period, but with sales down the way they are I think it is better to aim for higher standing in search results than to save time or a bit of money. Sales have NEVER been so slow!
Also, recently I have noticed when I do use the sell similar option to realist & I look over my listing particulars, sometimes the pictures have disappeared or changed in order. I then have the chance to reload a photo or tweak the listing. A real time suck! But there's nothing worse than a detail of a hairline crack showing as the main photo or the photos going awol.

by: Toledo Maude This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 26 09:25:09 2014

After so many eBay years of hoped for sales increases and too many years of sales declines, this year start off promising January through most of March.

April, May and continuing in June have been that all too often eBay experience of another sales nosedive.

When the auto relisted appeared on the listing page after disappearing for a month or so, I decided to try it.  Might save me some pennies, not bucks, but pennies.

Prior to being “blacklisted” in 2012, I had the midlevel store and 400 plus listings.  Now I have a small store with 200 listings and see no point to expanding my listings.  There is little future on eBay.

Another seller mentioned that auto relist would hurt one’s search results.  Maybe, but looking up from the depths of eBay’s sales “Nowhereville”, how much can it hurt.

by: JohnGermaine This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 26 09:46:19 2014

I forget when I first used it, I didn't in the beginning as I figured it was some eBay scam. But when other sellers reported that it was legit, I used it late last year. It stopped on January 1, stopped dead and did not relist the items I had selected to relist automatically for the 3 months. I was under the impression I was in a beta test program so never questioned it. Every now and then I see someone still talking about it and who still have it. All I can say is mine disappeared on January 1, 2014.

by: Pandora This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 26 14:39:17 2014

If you are not seeing it on your listing page, try revising after it is listed.  Just hit continue on first page of revise, go to bottom of page 2 and check box should be there.  A pain to have to do but it has worked for me since I use turbo lister to list.

by: Cassie This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 27 15:07:46 2014

The issue assuming about items previously sold automatic re-list issue and the auto listing is hand and hand. I don't use it for good reason force re-evaluate my listing: views, other or like pricing and category market at a specific time frame or selling season.