Mon June 2 2014 12:30:43

eBay Closes GTC Listings for No Reason, Hurting Search Standings

By: Reader

Have you heard from any other sellers that their fixed priced listings are being ended without cause? Since last December, some of our Fixed Priced Listings, good till canceled, are being ended without us doing it.

We have called eBay customer support on numerous occasions spending hours at a time on the phone with them. Each time, we get a different answer as to what is causing the problem and how to fix it... and it has never been fixed. I logged another call to them today, and again the same thing. I will pass this on to the tech department to see what they can do. Half the time, we have never even receive a response back from them.

Some of the listings that have been ended have a sold quantity of 500 or higher. It has taken us over a year or so to get the total sold that high, to up our search standing with these listings. For every listing that gets ended our BIN's are dropping off drastically. Our revenue is down by the 1,000's every month and continuing down because of these listings ending.

We have been a top seller with eBay for over 5 years. We have exceptional feedback and customer service selling 5,000+ items a month... wouldn't you think that they would go the extra mile to ensure the substantial amount in fees we pay each month? We bend over to go the extra mile for our clients as they expect us to do... But eBay does not seem to do the same for theirs. They can demand it of us, but not give it in return? Really? Apparently having a full time business with 6 full time people, including myself and my husband is just another small fish in a big pond.

I just wish they would practice what they preach and take care of the ones that support the system.

If you could let us know if you have heard of this happening to any other sellers, it would be greatly appreciated. We desperately need to get this fixed and obviously can't rely on eBay for the help.

With Many Thanks!
H.

eBay Closes GTC Listings for No Reason, Hurting Se   eBay Closes GTC Listings for No Reason, Hurting Se

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Jun 2 13:25:42 2014

This has been happening for years.  Listings just vanish for no reason.  Don't expect an eBay customer service to tell you why or even to know why.  It is as mysterious as when items are re-listed without your knowledge.

Call it a glitch, or pure ineptitude on eBay's part, but don't expect an answer.  If they even knew why I doubt that they would even admit it.

Everyone should go through their inventory on occasion to see what listings have been dropped.

by: retrolink This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jun 3 06:00:01 2014

Diversify before ebay puts you out of business. they are evil,they are worthless as a business partner. You are dealing with the devil. The people running ebay have let the whole thing just go wild and it's out of control.  every time i tried to get answers from customer service i was misled,ignored,misunderstood and given erroneous information. When I asked specific questions the reps were as knowledgeable as the pretzel man selling pretzels on a corner. Last time i called I had a question about first class and media mail and they did not even know what I was talking about.Once years ago before the corporate wonderlings destroyed ebay it had real value. Now they realize that they are eating themselves alive but are so convoluted that they do not know where the head of the snake starts or ends.
good luck

by: Heidi This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jun 3 07:47:33 2014

This has been happening to me for years. Listings just disappear. Whenever i do inventory I find at least 50 items have disappeared.

by: kazaly This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jun 3 07:50:22 2014

This has happened before, maybe 6 months ago?
It seemed to be caused by a failure of the automation rules which were actually removed from a good many listings.
Look like the gremlin is back!
The only way to check is to go through your completed listings and observe whether or not the automation rule is displayed.
That's providing you have use of selling manager that is.
ebay has been buggy as all getout lately, even moreso than usual.

This user has validated their user name. by: Al G

Tue Jun 3 08:13:35 2014

@retrolink:

Please don't disparage the pretzel man.

He's found a niche in life and is more than likely happy with what he does - and may have a PhD in astrophysics.

by: LinneyPinney This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jun 3 09:46:57 2014

I have been selling on ebay for 16 years. Every December, I go through my inventory and find at least 100 items that no longer have a listing.  These are listings that disappeared without a trace. This year, I found over 500! I have decreased my listings from 2000 to 500 and am going down to 200 for ebay only. I have build up my other venues and ebay has been greatly demoted on my list. I no longer give ebay dedicated inventory. That way, when the listing disappears, it will just sell somewhere else. But of course, that is not the only reason I am making my ebay store very small.

Double and triple listing is a pain, when something sells. I am hoping that stitch labs will expand their service and lower prices.

And then there are the ''ghost'' listings. Items that sold long ago that just show up again for sale. If we don't notice it and it sells, the transaction has to be canceled and becomes a defect.

Long time ebay sellers need  to understand that the reign of ebay is over. It is never going to be what it was. It is not the only game in town and curated sites are popping up everywhere. These sites treat sellers well. Customers are dispersing and finding more pleasant places to shop and sellers are finding more pleasant places to sell.

ebay has quickly positioned itself to be a junk dump, a bargain basement where a seller can look forward to being ripped off, process many returns, deal with mean and rude customers and be rated and graded by ebay like school children.

They way I look at it, they are doing me a favor. I want very little to do with ebay. I do not want my hard found inventory and my good seller name to be associated with the tarnished name of ebay.  I look forward to the day when I can just close the ebay store with out any concern at all.

by: JT&A This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jun 4 03:45:29 2014

"is not the only game in town and curated sites are popping up everywhere. These sites treat sellers well". ARE WE ALLOWED TO SHARE EXPERIENCES/IDEAS/KNOWLEDGE AND NAME SPECIFIC SITES WE'VE TRIED? THERE ARE SOOOOO MANY UNHAPPY EBAYERS LOOKING FOR ALTERNATE VENUES. I'VE TRIED A FEW, AND HAVEN'T YET FOUND ONE THAT'S CONDUCIVE. IMAGINE...IF A BUNCH OF SELLERS, PARTICULARLY TRS POWER SELLERS ALL UP & LEFT FOR ANOTHER SITE, ALL AT ONCE! YES!!!

by: wonderswhy This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 6 05:46:22 2014

Yes its been a real bummer at ebay. I don't bother with their questionaires, same old, same old. There latest message & seller standards, defect. Their happy if you print labels within 24 hrs, It doesn't matter if you really ship the item, what's the purpose with that? I asked CSC about that, she ignored my question. I swear they have children working there.

by: sickandtired This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 6 08:51:21 2014

Can't offer any help, but I too have been on enuts for 16 years so have seen it all.

Have had GTC listings disappear, but never with a "listing ended" email in my messages so it is a giant pita to find the vanished items.

I also get at least one or 2 a month of sales of items sold long ago that magically reappear in my store. Have to ask for a mutual cancellation, refund if paid and likely have a defect strike.

Have totally given up on calling c/s about this....they don't care and can't do anything about these problems anyway.

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Tue Mar 31 09:24:08 2015

3-30-15

Guess what?

They are doing it again.

Theykeep blaming it on us. "it's coming from your side" says the 19 year old on the phone.

Please do us a favor and REPOST if this is happening to you also!!

They are trying to blame it on everything from a third party provider, to a former disgruntled employee (not possible,we change passwords like other people change undies) to global warming.

Thanks to the OP,now I KNOW whois doing it.