Fri May 2 2014 08:09:43

One Problem with New Feature Added to eBay Selling Manager...

By: Reader

Thought I would share this email and response from eBay.

eBay recently added a link to enable sellers to access draft listings from their Selling Manager page. Nice feature, typically for eBay, it does not work.

My link shows 3 draft listings, but when I attempt to view those draft listings, the resulting page indicates there are no draft listings available.

As usual, eBay has this idea, and in their rush to implement it, it turns out to be an unfinished, improperly functioning feature. This would seem to prove that eBay releases features without any testing. Instead, eBay relies on early users as guinea pigs.

The unfortunate result of this process is frustrated users who, if they could rate eBay would give THEM a DEFECT rating. It is pathetic how eBay expects their sellers to be perfect, yet their performance is less than adequate at every turn.
Regards,
Ric

eBay's response:

"Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback, it’s much appreciated. We are aware of the issue, and are working to resolve it. Thanks!"

One Problem with New Feature Added to eBay Selling   One Problem with New Feature Added to eBay Selling

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri May 2 11:19:57 2014

More phantom numbers on eBay. We see them all the time.  When I see the phantom 0s on the number of auctions that eBay show me running (when in fact I am running some) it just makes me wonder if the 0 represents the fact that none of them can actually be seen by potential buyers.

by: GypsyWitch This user has validated their user name.

Sat May 3 07:54:06 2014

RIC: You are so right!!! Feebay expects sellers to be "perfect", yet Feebay is FAR from perfect themselves!!!

And yes, sellers/buyers should be able to rate Feebay and give THEM a defect rate!!!!

They can kiss my "defective" ass!!!!! I'm done selling there.

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Sat May 3 12:24:08 2014

eBay - The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.

by: GypsyWitch This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 4 17:55:38 2014

@RIC: Go to rateebay.com and give 'em hell!!!!! Leave NEGATIVES for them!!!! I sure did!!!!

by: gennut3 This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 4 23:59:43 2014

I sell a lot of genealogy books and being privately published before computers, a lot do not have copywrite dates.  On the sellers listing sheet, it says ''do not worry if you do not know the copywrite date.''  But eBay would not let me list the book until I gave it a copywrite date so I made one up and told any potential buyers just that ''I made up a copywrite date so eBay would let me list the book.'' How ridiculous can you get except for the new rules that begin May 15.  I hope listings drop through the floor for eBay and they have to back track. If I sold high end collectible, I would look for any other place I could find other then eBay.

by: Tornad0sRul This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 5 15:40:15 2014

Oh you are so right, so precisely accurate: "it is pathetic how eBay expects their sellers to be perfect, yet their performance is less than adequate at every turn."
Not only does EBay expect the sellers to be perfect, they expect them to roll over and play dead and be slaves to buyers.  Sellers on EBay are mistreated.  No doubt about it.

by: Tornad0sRul This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 5 15:47:56 2014

Correction: many good sellers are mistreated on EBay.  Some sellers are dishonest cheats yet EBay lets them get by with it for some weird reason.  Just the other day I was looking for ink for my printer.  What the heck is wrong with all of the ink sellers on EBay?  Every single one of them has double digit terrible feedback, the kind of feedback that makes you cringe and say "no way" to buying something from them, yet some were top rated sellers.  It astounds me.  In fact I couldn't find a seller of ink cartridges that didn't have double digit negative feedback, clearly showing a pattern of crooks finding easy ways to make money with certain "refurbishable" items. In fact the last printer ink cartridge that I bought from EBay 3 months ago, for which I left positive feedback before opening it up, was rusty and didn't work in my printer. I called EBay and the seller had already changed their user ID to something else and were selling bad ink cartridges like crazy under that name. It's so easy to rip off people on EBay and that is simply because of EBay's terrible practices.

by: booklover27 This user has validated their user name.

Fri May 9 19:17:10 2014

This is akin to the Duplicate debacle where they decided to punish or kick out sellers because they duplicated items.  The sellers were punished even though Ebay was pulling out the dups.  The demeanor of Ebay towards its sellers has been like a caste system where the sellers are at the bottom of the rung.  Secondly, I am in the process of closing down again because I now refuse to pay the listing fees.  Most media sellers are getting crunched by these fees and the ones that stick it out it limits the amount of product you can put in...Someone take the lead please and organize the sellers.