Sat Apr 26 2014 13:33:49

Shopper Annoyed by Non-Matching Images inside eBay Listings

By: Reader

I've got many issues with eBay as both a buyer and a seller. But today I wanted to address something I recently noticed as a buyer.

When I am looking at a particular item, there will be a set of photos below the large photo where you can click each photo to enlarge it.  Recently, I noticed that eBay has begun inserting photos of items from stores such as Walmart and others I've never heard of before, RIGHT IN BETWEEN the large photo of the red top I'm checking out and the 6 other photos of the same item that are below the main photo.

Last night this happened to me as I was looking at a red top. Directly below the red top were about 6 photos of BLACK tops, all different and from Walmart and other stores. Then directly below these black top options, there were the 6 photos of the red top I was checking out.

What gives? I find it more than irritating that they are doing this. I can't be the only buyer who feels this way. My hubby only buys and he said he saw that too and it bugged him as a buyer also.

I sell too, and I'm sure my items have Walmart items inserted in my photo area too.

How much more IN YOUR FACE can these jerks get? If they think I'm going to click on those other items, they are wrong. In fact, I got disgusted and shut down eBay for the evening. It sure doesn't make me want to buy more items - and I'm already buying very little due to my total disgust with eBay in general.

I wondered if others were noticing the same thing. I'm already ticked that they are putting ads all over the place, but this is totally over the top, IMHO.

Thanks,
No name, no face, just waiting to be purged...

Shopper Annoyed by Non-Matching Images inside eBay   Shopper Annoyed by Non-Matching Images inside eBay

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Sat Apr 26 17:09:01 2014

Ebay blames sellers for buyers not coming back to ebay. Ebay is chasing buyers away all on their own.

by: Mr. Me This user has validated their user name.

Sat Apr 26 17:33:39 2014

Putting ads into sellers listing is sleazy, but now is the ebay norm......eBay is only interested in one thing, putting money into their own pockets, no-matter where it comes from.......

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Sat Apr 26 19:41:21 2014

Apparently, about 12% of eBay's income now comes from the advertising on their site; let's face it, if you guys are not going to sell anything on eBay, eBay has to make up the difference somehow ...

eBay Inc, where the incompetent mingle with the malevolent and the criminal ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: LAbay This user has validated their user name.

Sat Apr 26 22:44:16 2014

I have been buying the past few weeks and what I have noticed is that the pictures are not showing up.  I get the blank box with the photo icon in it all the time. I would say this happens on 40% of listings.  I am using my computer when buying not my phone.

by: HonestyBytes This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 27 05:07:26 2014

well dear, there will be more changes and thousands more sellers like me are leaving the scammer ebay and paypal to other websites where sellers cannot be scammed and put down anymore.
Ebay wants to sell walmart and Kmart, let them.  They will find no customers to buy that sweatshop c**p!

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Sun Apr 27 13:49:04 2014

There is a link above and to the right of their suggestions... Perhaps if everyone who objects to these "suggestions" (read ads) clicked on the link and expressed their objections, perhaps eBay would get the message.

eBay's corporate mentality is such that they interpret no comments as approval.

Send eBay a message - click on that feedback link and express your disapproval.

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Sun Apr 27 14:25:16 2014

"Send eBay a message - click on that feedback link and express your disapproval."

eBay won't get the message until the mob shows up at their front entrance with torches and pitchforks.

by: JT&A This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 27 23:09:27 2014

Just today I had a ''discussion'' with eBay about the blanks showing up instead of the photos that were uploaded.It's not the 1st time I called. Keeping track over the last few weeks, I could easily say that 50% of the listings are affected and it's taking 3 times as long to list. I edit & re-edit until all my pix are displayed. Naturally, eBay claims total shock that this is happening, although the forums are spilling over with complaints about how this problem is affecting sales, and how their calls to eBay haven't fixed this months long issue.Do a search...some listings don't have a main picture because of this glich...but eBay makes it mandatory to have ''at least one photo''. I'm not surprised, are you? I would gladly jump ship, so far I haven't found another venue. If anyone has, please share!

by: alaska This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 01:52:14 2014

EBay will never get it because they never use eBay the way we do. The search results page needs to display the absolute minimum of information. The more crap they distract my eye with, the less I buy. I have Adblock Plus with Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus blocking most of this garbage, otherwise I couldn't deal with all of the noise on an eBay page.

This user has validated their user name. by: Justbecauseitscute

Mon Apr 28 02:10:55 2014

I haven't seen those ads yet, but to be honest I don't buy on ebay as much as I did. I mostly buy stamps but now over 80% of my purchases are off ebay (follow my sellers where they go).

But I am not surprise that ebay is doing such a thing. Let's wait and see if we get dinged because "all the stuff in the photos" were not included in the purchase.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Apr 28 06:15:15 2014

I used to purchase hundreds of dollars per month on eBay, mostly office supplies.  I no longer purchase anything on eBay due to the fact that they treat small sellers.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Apr 28 06:27:52 2014

Oops, meant to say " I no longer purchase anything on eBay due to the fact that they treat small sellers so badly".

And eBay, multiply this behavior by the many thousands of mistreated small sellers who go elsewhere and you will see why you are hurting for buyers.

by: Blazed This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 08:24:40 2014

Images on ebay are a real hassle. I've never seen the ad images inserted, but I have seen my competitors image with their url on it as a watermark inserted into my listing!

I do agree with Mr. Me above, that showing ads on my listing is sad! I pay for my listing and they advertise my competition at the bottom of every listing.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 09:19:27 2014

Isn't this some sort of "Restraint of Trade"  or "Interferance"????

Somehow this seems to just roll o ver the heads ot Wallstreet et al.

Shame really.  Someday some one will teach a class on how NOT to run a business and they will use the FORMER GIANT known as ebay as the main example.

by: wallflower This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 09:34:52 2014

This is unbelievable to me, even for ebay. Glad I sell vintage OOAK items not sold at Walmart!

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 12:35:18 2014

I have been having problems with photos coming up when I am looking at things to compare prices. I have also had problems with the photo boxes when listing. I just figured Ebay moved their photo section to another server that doesn't have what it takes to keep up. As for Walmart, I rarely shop there and truly do not want to see their ads popping up on anything that I am looking at on Ebay. I mean really, that is like having a graveled driveway and being bombarded by salesmen hawking pebbles.

by: Gina This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 13:16:14 2014

I have the box below EVERY first photo on every site which I visit.  This is run by "Dingo Deals".  Is this the same ad. co. as you see?

by: Gina This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 13:23:49 2014

Adblock installation stopped this problem for me on ebay, but it does not stop Dingo Deals on any other site.  :(

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 14:48:31 2014

Dingo Deals is a virus.

There are page after page of instructions how to get rid of it on Google.

by: Gina This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 28 15:47:54 2014