Sat Dec 20 2014 17:09:28

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

By: Reader

Recently, I have noticed that eBay is using AD CHOICE ads on pages. Those ads take time to load and freeze up my computer pages.

Tonight, it took me about 30 minutes to load about 10 pages and it is very frustrating. I finally gave up and won't buy anything.

I see ads for Staples, Butterball Turkey, etc. and can't load items for sale. Try searching and see how it is working for you. I use Internet Explorer and this is awful. I was trying to find something to buy and it is not Butterball turkeys. I never click AD CHOICE ads.

As a seller, I now see why I'm not getting much in the way of sales. I'm tired of eBay sending emails with ways to increase sales. They need to decide whether they want to sell items listed on eBay or whether they just want a site with all kinds of ads. I'm tired of seeing these ads and I don't think they are appropriate on Search and listing pages.
Thanks for listening.
B.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: 1beck3 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 20 17:59:07 2014

I avoid IE like the plague. Or ebola. Or the mumps.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: mamie14425 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 20 18:30:30 2014

We've notice the site is much slower since ebay started with Ad Choice ads.  You may want to switch to Google Chrome...It's still slow but better than IE.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: Idon'tcareanymore. This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 20 19:38:35 2014

Firefox plus Adblock.

You will never see adds again. Plus you can block annoying logos (like eBay in top left or the little popups they put on top from time to time).
Don't they realize that all those adds are diminishing their "brand image"?
Or maybe they are that desperate for additional cents and $$.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Sat Dec 20 19:50:51 2014

Firefox and AdBlock saved my sanity. IE crashes no matter which site I go to. As far as Ad Choice, eBay will do anything for a buck.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: monsterhighnmore This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 20 20:17:56 2014

I have to say that I hate ads as well and agree that ebay will do anything for a buck (including screwing over sellers). HOWEVER because I have been using chrome + adblock for years, I never even knew how many ads they were displaying AND that many ads are for the big box stores and my suppliers. This sucks big time but I'm glad I found out! I never would have known had I not had to use firefox for something unrelated.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Dec 20 21:50:40 2014

I use to love IE.  But a year or so ago, for the 3rd or 4th time it was causing nothing but fits when surfing around Ebay and sometimes even creating listings.  I changed to Chrome and have had no such problems since.  The occasional slowly loading pages, but nothing like before.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

This user has validated their user name. by: Shop and Ship

Sun Dec 21 02:03:24 2014

iheartjacksparrow tells it right. The AdBlock add-on to Firefox greatly reduces the number of ads you'll see in your browser - even on this ecommercebytes page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: HappyOne This user has validated their user name.

Sun Dec 21 08:26:12 2014

Thank you Shop and Ship. I just added this to my Foxfire. Wow pages load much faster and have full page views without all the ads.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: Linda This user has validated their user name.

Sun Dec 21 11:00:43 2014

I also block Adobe from running. It prevents a lot of the annoying and sometimes dangerous blinking ads that can cause seizures for those  that suffer them. Seizures are known to be caused by rapid & repeated movements directed at the eyes such as video games and ads. To bad companies on internet uses them since so many people who can't leave their homes rely on it for outside news and such.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: alaska This user has validated their user name.

Sun Dec 21 18:16:19 2014

I use Firefox. The ads are distracting but are not that big of a deal. What is absolutely killing eBay sales is the constant re-lists of items that no one wants. As a serious collector I can't stand to look for items to buy anymore. Before all of the free listings there was a lot of junk on eBay, but you wouldn't have to look at the same junk again and again, week after week, month after month. When sellers had to pay for insertions, they wouldn't throw good money towards bad. Now with nearly unlimited free listings the sellers constantly re-list the same junk every week. A friend of mine says that she just can't stand it anymore. There has got to be a way to filter out auctions that we have seen once or twice before. I'd pay serious money for a utility, an add-on, or an eBay feature that does that. The re-lists are killing eBay's future!

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Sun Dec 21 23:40:18 2014

Ebay causes sellers to relist items over and over since listings are being throttled or hidden from visibility. Many items are good items and even in demand but are disparaged in search. It really is a catch-22 since an item not being sold the first time listed gets buried deeper and deeper. Before JD these same items would have sold in a heartbeat.

As far as ads slowing shoppers down, ebay has become a big bloated bog. Shopping on ebay has become a chore for buyers and not an enjoyable shopping experience.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: regina This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 00:11:15 2014

Yes, downloading the free ap "ADblock" has saved my sanity on YOUtube (no more interrupting ads- never!)
However, even with chrome browser- ebay pages loads SLOW due to all the crap ads. Sorry sellers. xoxo

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: MADandCracked This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 00:26:23 2014

Putting a ton of ads on listing pages drives me away unless the ads are inconspicuous. I never click on ads. Maybe it's just me, but having too many ads or overbearing ads on any page is extremely unprofessional.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: KAT This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 00:32:41 2014

Firefox and AdBlock or Google Chrome and AdBlock are the ticket!
No more annoying ads

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 00:43:01 2014

@Alaska Tell Ebay you only want to see what you want to see and nothing else. Their search engine can block most sellers ads already. A few more tweaks and they will be right where you want them.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: Jester This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 00:59:49 2014

I use an add-blocker whenever shopping or searching items. It avoids most of the garbage. Another reason I am branching out to other venues. Ebay is on the hard decline and I see no light at the end of the tunnel yet. I am selling on Amazon and loving it. I am looking at creating my own site and other venues.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Dec 22 08:39:23 2014

Isn't there a Butterball turkey running eBay?

As others have said, Chrome and AdBlock Plus.  Now  if we could only filter out that Butterball turkey.

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 22 11:45:00 2014

A voice of sanity.  Yes--I have to relist items that SHOULD have sold in a heartbeat--becuase apparently NO ONE CAN SEE THEM the first time.

If I DO get a bidder--it is a DEADBEAT so I then have to relist AGAIN.

These are IN DEMAND items and formerly would have sold in that heartbeat. Now however with THREE ebay accounts and similar items on ALL of them--nothing.  Nada.  Zero.  Zip.

A total of TWO selas for the entire month of December--and BOTH of those were seasonal items and had NON PAYING BIDDERS.  Who are STILL on ebay.

And ebay sending me something to INCREASE my "goal"  by $21 is--hysterical. How exactly am I to DO that if NO ONE CAN SEE MY LISTINGS?

Bunch of turkeys indeed--that are being paid HOW much out of OUR hard earned money to sit and warm a chair for a few MORE months?

Did you know--turkeys are SO stupid that they can DROWN if they look UP while it is raining--cause they are too stupid to CLOSE THEIR BEAKS?

I heard Yahoo NEEDS a way to survive--lets ALL go request that they revive their old sale site. Anyone know how to get in touch with Marissa Mayer????

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: ajeweler This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 23 08:28:08 2014

same issues, along with ebay search engine, broken beyond repair

example, I am a jeweler so primary I sell jeweler stuff.

so when I look for military item the serch engine only shows me military watches and clocks etc

when I look at new old stock all I get again is watches, clocks and items like what I sell,
I was looking for "black towels" all it shows me are watches with black in title

so last week I was looking for a hunter gift for a friend something unusual so I typed in gator head, guess what all I get to see is gator head watches etc. shame such a failure no wonder sellers are not selling anything
the serch engine drives you to things most common in your life style not what you are seeking, I have enough jewelry that was not what I was looking for ebay is going to fail this year
ebay =every buy against you

eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers   eBay Ads Are Slowing Down Shoppers

by: balloo This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 24 11:42:59 2014

Last time I searched on ebay , a speed control for the kids RC car , boats , blenders & every other thing came up. W T F / Did I mention my last search? Ebay sucks , every part of it is failing , horrible dead venue not worthy of calling it a sales site. I no longer shop , or sell on ebay. Its dead to me.