Tue Dec 2 2014 13:45:34

Items Being Deleted from eBay Watch Lists

By: Reader

If anyone is wondering why sales have been slow, there is either a glitch or intentional sabotage to sellers and buyers eBay watch lists. I noticed this a few weeks back and recently but have become more concerned seeing that this is continuing. I will try to describe this as best as I can since the workings of eBay lack transparency.

When scrolling through my extensive watch list, I decided to delete a few items by placing a check mark and then pressing delete. I noticed my total after the delete was considerably lower than the number of items I manually deleted.

Now here is where it gets very strange. When checking off a few more items and then scrolling either up or down, I noticed random check marks placed on OTHER items I was NOT deleting!

For example if my listing had 100 listings in my watch list and I went to delete 3, the delete screen would read 8 to be deleted. If I didn't catch it in time before hitting the delete button or not noticed it, these items would be gone from my watch list.

I have tested this several times and on different days. My watch list has dropped considerably in numbers. Also, I do want to mention this random deletion of items in watch lists is being done on both live and ended listings.

Another issue that has recently occurred is when doing any searches and pressing the back arrow a message displays document or item no longer exists. I am not sure of the exact wording since I didn't do a screenshot. This might be a browser issue and not related to eBay, but again... this message did come up on active sellers listings.

Anyway the random checkmarks are a big concern. The way it is done so covertly most users probably wouldn't notice. Buyers not receiving notices about items they think are on their watch list but are actually deleted ..gone..gone..gone girl (sorry).

Sellers wondering why sales are declining. Well maybe that item being watched is now gone when a buyer went to delete some other item but your item disappeared instead. Sellers relisting items is another concern since buyers watching for a relist may never see that item again since it is gone from the list.

Am I making too big a deal out of this? Do sellers and buyers consistently do a manual delete of items in their watch list? How many are affected?

If you do use this, please make me anonymous.
L.

Items Being Deleted from eBay Watch Lists   Items Being Deleted from eBay Watch Lists

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 2 14:53:00 2014

Perhaps this is the result of so many Formerly Happy Ebay sellers LEAVING and CLOSING their accounts and Stores? Too dark? OK, maybe it is the result of Formerly Happy Sellers putting their store on VACATION Setting for November and December to escape from the RAFT of StupidPeopleReason Returns that the misbegotten Extended Holiday Returns Program will surely engender. I for one totally expect SELFIMPORTANT, ENTITLED, eBay BUYERS thinking that Extended Holiday Returns are Universal and getting TICKED OFF once they find that for THEIR purchases the OLD rules still have sway.

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Tue Dec 2 15:42:05 2014

I doubt that this is maliciousness on eBay's behalf; more likely just one more demonstration of their utter incompetence ...

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: exdwh This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 2 16:27:56 2014

As a buyer, I work with the watch list every day adding and deleting. I sometimes have trouble getting an item to 'add', but I've never seen spurious deletes.

--David

This user has validated their user name. by: Ed Gadfly

Wed Dec 3 07:46:44 2014

Your watch list makes the servers hot.

eBay is a GREEN company. No, not that they want all your money, but because they care about the environment.

The people, eh, not so much.

by: Maui5150 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 4 09:28:26 2014

I almost NEVER watch items other than my own to get those watch counts higher -

Seriously - you watch an item and then eBay broadcasts its as a link to other buyers of similar.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 4 18:35:38 2014

@MAUI (wowie!!!)

HOW do you do that---thru the same ebay acct or do you have mnore than one--or does it matter???

I know for the past few WEEKS I have gotten a "Ghost"  list UNDER my watched items--and I too feel that the number of them--usually fairly high--has NOT been accurate---

Will see what I can find---

ALSO my "Feed" today was REPLACED with a loooong list of shiny NEW ebay outdoor toys---They really DON'T know as much about ME as they THINK they do!!!!  So--could see NONE of the items I usually see--and BUY!  Way to go ebay!!!!!