Thu Nov 27 2014 11:41:25

USPS Requires More Details When Inquiring about Non-Delivery

By: Reader

We just notice that the USPS no longer accepts contact information to ask about packages not delivered, now they require you to log in and actually fill up a claim with a lot of extra information.

Does it mean that they will honor a refund or the insurance claim for all the issues reported or are they just trying to skip contact information services as all other normal companies do.

Are other merchants aware? I would like to know their opinion.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
J.

USPS Requires More Details When Inquiring about No   USPS Requires More Details When Inquiring about No

by: Mr. Me This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 27 20:05:39 2014

And whiny buyers don't wait out the claims process, go a-cryin to mommy ebay/paypal, cause sellers untold grief ...

by: BobNJ This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 00:16:42 2014

And some lost packages they won't even make any effort to try and locate. Had a REGISTERED package sent from Spain in August and tracking shows it leaving the post office in Spain, being received in NYC by the USPS, entering the Customs center in NYC and then it's lost. Since it's in the customs center the USPS cannot and will not do anything to try and locate the package, even though it's a REGISTERED package. Phone number given by local post master for customs customer service is NEVER answered. USPS customer service can't do anything. Was finally told the sender would have to put a trace on the package from his end which he did. His post office is saying the USPS has never responded in over 2 months to their trace requests.

by: RichieC This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 01:47:19 2014

ah, come on Me

It was suppose to be here today,
I'm going tell Mom

by: Dragonfyree This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 14:13:19 2014

I have a package sitting in New Jersey since 11/16.  Called Friday and they took a lot of information, verifying everything on the label.

Still hasn't moved out of New Jersey.  Fortunately, I have duplicates books for 1/2 her order which I'm sending out tomorrow if it hasn't moved.

Also sending her a refund for entire order.

It will, of course, move the day after I've refunded.

The buyer is very reasonable, thank goodness.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 18:49:50 2014

If something is stuck in CUSTOMS I doubt that the PO has any control over it;  I would try and get a PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMS at Kennedy Jamaica NY---def would NOT rely on ANY phone number the PO gave you!

CUSTOMS and the PO do NOT work together and I doubt that US Customs wants anything at all to do with the PO.  Would YOU?

IF you are real desperate there are companies that facilitate Customs--call one of them and see if they have any phone numbers that WORK.

I know that NO phone numbers that the PO has EVER given ME have actually been ANSWERED--inc at the various SORT centers--and they will NOT answer emails or phone calls from WITHIN the PO system itself.

I had a package circle the conveyer belt in Chicago for a MONTH while the PO REFUSED to do ANYTHING to get it OUT of the mail stream.  I was lucky as--after an ititial snit-fit---the customer was understanding and not only accepted a replacement but also returned the item that had the delay--delivered FINALLY a day AFTER the replacement.

Customs and the PO--two Federal systems that need serious work.

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 3 23:06:34 2014

this is along the same lines.....i had a first class package going to Canada, buyer contacts me 2 weeks later no receipt, I ck tracking, the package went ''california to Mexico to Brazil'' last scan ''departed sao paolo'' Ok I call USPS customer service, I KNOW there is no insurance on the package, but wondered if they had made such an outrageous mistake, that they might at least send a message to Brazil. Ok, CS rep tells me I shipped the package to Brazil, I told her no, it was clearly generated auto label from ebay to Canada,  ask for supervisor, he said the same thing, he read the first 2 lines of the address, I said, correct, then it says ont + zip + canada, he said I can't see that but it said brazil.  I'm sure my label was correct, do they enter this manually? or is the info of the address transmitted electronically.
I just got mad when they insisted that I shipped to Brazil.