Tue Nov 25 2014 13:10:26

eBay Makes Sellers Work to Get Fees Refunded

By: Reader

eBay is at it again. They have changed the refund process that has worked for probably 10+ years.

I've done 3-4 refunds in the last week - w/ EVERY one I've had to call eBay and PayPal in order to get my eBay fees refunded.

Today a refund took me 30 minutes at least!! This is unbelievable - I wonder if they are making refunds difficult in hope that sellers will give up and abandon the refund so eBay can keep it??

It is getting SO difficult to do eBay - I really anticipate one morning it will not work for me. I bet they have software people who study the site to find things that work, then change them so they don't.

I has always amazed me how they do things - if it were my company I would make things simple and easy so seller would list more! Instead they relish is extracting an extra nickel or dime from me. They need to recognize keystrokes = time = $$$$ (both for eBay and sellers).

Big sellers i.e. Target have no feedback and no user ID showing!!
yours,
M.

eBay Makes Sellers Work to Get Fees Refunded   eBay Makes Sellers Work to Get Fees Refunded

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Nov 25 13:55:02 2014

Letter writer M. asks: "I wonder if they are making refunds difficult in hope that sellers will give up and abandon the refund so eBay can keep it??"

Bingo!

by: pennyemporium This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 25 22:29:11 2014

''Big sellers i.e. Target have no feedback and no user ID showing!!''

if you hover over the name ''Target'' in the auction listing, a popup bubble shows up with the name and feedback.  click on that link and you get to this page:
d=targetstores&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=271589626134&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

target:
feedback 80631
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 98.6%

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 26 00:09:39 2014

Gee, can I hide my FB like that?
MH

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Wed Nov 26 00:55:29 2014

I wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg of 'significant changes' CEO in waiting Devin Wenig referred to but refused to detail.

New administration, same oppressive small seller exterminating eBay.

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 26 01:33:24 2014

By design.
MH

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Mon Dec 1 00:11:11 2014

My last few refunds have also entailed a call to eBay custserv. Yes, I believe the system is rigged to discourage the FVF/refund process.

by: RichieC This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 01:52:52 2014

I am lucky, a little. I have not had to deal with many problem. But I have had a few over the years! I always call eBay and make sure I get ever last penny!

Minus, of coarse   0.30c

Though I did even get that back once, long long ago...
But that was in another Galaxy with PrayPal!!!

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 1 18:42:16 2014

Sheesh!

Went and looked at that TARGET /EBAY FB site--hysterical!  If any of US had this amount of FB--and BAD FB at that---we would be given the BOOT--and deservedly so.

They have a habit it seems of chucking anything in a box and mailing it.  Doesn't matter if it is the RIGHT stuff or not.  Broken items over and over--No "Fragile"  warnings or packing. Hundreds of "Out of Stock" cancels---and THAT really DOES drive people AWAY from ebay.

Many people somehow think that this is just SOME RANDOM SELLER--and NOT the same Target as at the Mall. I didn't go to the actual ebay site (C&P the above link to view FB only)  but the comments repeat over and over---Why would you sell this if out of stock/Canceled my order due to out of stock/ Took my money and then delayed shipping and then canceled/Ignored my emails.

I am sure that a mere 1800+ NEGATIVE FB and a FB number % of something like 98% is overly picky of ME to notice--but---really--TARGET should have this whole shipping thing DOWN---right?

I am not a huge Target fan and just went there to see what exactly the issues were.  The SAME issues over and over tho--no response;  no refunds; refunds for LESS than they PAID for the items; OUT OF STOCK.

And then there were the few puzzling NEGATIVES with absolutely POSITIVE comments--always makes ME wonder---

I did not look at the NEUTRALS altho they number almost as many as the NEGS.

Way to go TarZhay.