Mon Nov 3 2014 16:41:27

eBay Seller Offering Extended Holiday Returns Sees No Discounts

By: Reader

I am reporting a problem with the extended holiday returns. I enrolled in early October and received an email confirmation form eBay that I am indeed in the program.

I noticed today that none of my listings have extended holiday returns being offered to eBay customers.

I called eBay and they told me that I have to used bulk editor and click the edit box for revise return policy to no have extended Holiday returns applied to my listings.

I asked the CSR agent to apply my 25% discount to my current sold items for November and she said I will have to call back after eBay has invoiced me for those items at the end of the month.

So far I am not getting my 20% discount or the 5% bonus when I have already joined the program and have a confirmation letter in hand.
Thanks,
C.

eBay Seller Offering Extended Holiday Returns Sees   eBay Seller Offering Extended Holiday Returns Sees

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Mon Nov 3 17:31:46 2014

Interesting. A glitch that's NOT in the seller's favor. Go figure.

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 3 17:35:06 2014

Just another carrot jumper problem...Regular sellers have more problems to worry about.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Nov 3 18:28:31 2014

Is this surprising to anyone? If eBay could get anything right I'd be shocked. Why do things always have to be corrected after the fact? Why can't they roll out something that works correctly the first time?

by: 1beck3 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 3 19:02:18 2014

Since when do you see the 20% discount right away?

The live or current month's report doesn't reflect any TRS discounts.  The discount isn't applied until you receive your completed monthly invoice.

People just complaining to complain.

by: Cleverusername This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 3 21:09:01 2014

Has this OP never checked an invoice before? You dont see the discounts till the months invoice comes which is usually the 2nd week of the next month. Telling a csr that you want them to apply the discount right then makes me feel this person hasnt been a seller that long.

This user has validated their user name. by: Map

Mon Nov 3 22:06:20 2014

The Disinformation Specialist are back I see.

If a seller had agreed to participate in the extended Holiday returns prior to the 11/1/2014 roll out date but only to find out 3 days into it that none of their listings have been part of the program then it can be expected that all sales from the start date will not have the 5% discount credit on those sold listings.

There may be some confusion or catching up with information from ebays very late & sudden change of mind towards sellers with the extended Holiday Returns.

Most sellers were expecting to loose their 20% TRS discount so chances are some are not informed or totally grasped it all yet.

I know most sellers do not have time to study in great detail the itemized monthly statement to see if they were over charged or not given their credits being a top rated seller because they have hundred & some thousands of transactions posted on the end statement.

So in layman's terms ebay was going to force sellers into the program by threat of not getting the 20% discount which experienced sellers know that not being in the EHR program will equate to their listings being hidden in search results as a penalty for not joining.

Ebays sudden reversal is preschool psychology at best with their new offer.

Join EHR + earn extra 5% on FVF's.....Don't join EHR = sellers listing being hidden in search and have a Happy Holiday.

Seller exodus must have been very large for ebay to do a reversal and let go of an impressive 5% discount.

You people at ebay just wait until managed returns are forced on us and ebay will collapse.

Hope you sorry looses can sell ebay soon because if we sellers & shareholders have to have you for much longer i can not see too many prospecting buyers willing to buy that heap.

This user has validated their user name. by: WOODJUNGLE! ON EBAY

Mon Nov 3 22:15:26 2014

I'm wondering why I still have my TRS badge. I thought they were going to take those away starting November 1 if you didn't accept obnoxiously long returns.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 00:48:16 2014

i don't know about the discount, but i signed up for it and i don't see any indication of extended returns in my listings...

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 01:37:51 2014

I haven't sold on ebay for years, but even I remember that you never saw credits, etc. till you were invoiced at the end of the billing cycle and that was 6 years ago. To do it instantly now would be a huge step forward for sellers benefit and we know that isn't going to happen any time soon.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Nov 4 02:49:51 2014

@woodjungle

No they were NEVER going to take away your TRS ribbon or benefits if you did not participate in the holiday return policy.  It was JUST the TRS Plus aka 20% discount on the FVF.

What they are doing instead is giving those TRS Plus seller that participate and additional 5% discount on the FVF and they are flagging the listings with the extended return policy.

So you are still seeing your TRS badge because it was never at risk, well not because of the extended holiday return policy.

@moonwishes

Most credits show up pretty quickly on the invoices and have for a very long time.

It sounds to me like Ebay is having some problems rolling this program out live.

by: mastoyshop This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 03:39:06 2014

Its ok, I did not receive my TRS discount this last month, and ebay keeps telling me I need a 14 day refund policy I checked the listings and they all Have a refund and 14 days to notify me.. it is really messed up.

by: mastoyshop This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 03:39:41 2014

oh and I havent called them yet. thought Id wait for next billing.. then scream like a panther

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 04:12:58 2014

(They were going to not display the trs ribbion on ads without her, they backed up on this @ 4 weeks ago).
mh

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Tue Nov 4 05:43:56 2014

---- ''And recently they retracted that.  If you are TRS Plus and you choose not to offer the extended returns, you will still get your 20% FVF discount.''

This surprised me. It was a smart and logical decision by eBay execs/policy-makers.

by: maxmad This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 06:14:22 2014

I really wish, really I do, that I could ever believe in or actually believe ebay ever again, and not have to ever complain, but this is just another example of the same garbage coming from this disgraceful company........

a snippet of the exact quote As per the letter sent to us.......

In addition to that direct financial reward for your quick adoption, know that we’ll be highlighting extended holiday returns on your item pages and in search results starting in November.
So thank you again. Your actions will go a long way towards attracting buyers to eBay and boosting your own holiday sales.

Happy holiday selling!

Jordan Sweetnam
Vice President, Seller Experience

our Listings are NOT being ''highlighted'' in any way, and if my calendar is correct, it appears to be well into November, and if anything they are buried  deeper then ever.

I guess the word ''Highlighting'' can mean so many things,

More of the same tricks from ebay for sellers they don't want, other then their money to pay their bills, and to show the stockholders everything's ok at ebay.

A truly DISGRACEFUL Company

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue Nov 4 07:18:31 2014

I can see the fine print now---"all discounts are placed into escrow to ensure funds are available for buyers' returns"

: )

by: candy7122 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 08:04:34 2014

@map... we might as well be in managed returns now.  All a buyer has to do is click a button to start a return.  If they mark it NAD we have to pay the return shipping, even if the customer is lying about the description.  I have had this happen 3 times since they made the change on returns.  Talked to a CSR and he said they don't know what the seller (me) has sent so they will side with the buyer.  Also, if you take returns ..you take returns for any reason and they don't pay any attention to your terms.  At least if you are in managed returns they buyer is not suppose to be able to return any used items.  I am told this is not the case with regular returns, even though Ebay states buyers can't return used items, this gets thrown out the window when you take returns.  I am almost to the point that the lousy 20% FVF discount is not worth it.  Can't believe how Ebay is treating their sellers.

by: ebay refugee camp This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 13:18:04 2014

You would not see a discount until the monthly invoice is done.
Do not count on anything though, that could change if ebay figures out a another way to get ya!

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 4 17:09:45 2014

on taking a closer look at my listings, anything i listed before oct 23 says extended returns.  everything after has my 14 day policy.  they all have the same default setting so they should all say the same thing.