Wed Oct 8 2014 21:41:27

eBay Compensates Seller for September Glitch

By: Reader

I called eBay CS to get an ETA and Complain about the defective Markdown Manager not working, stated they were aware of the defective and were working on it - no ETA on a fix.

On a whim, I then asked about the last glitch that happen on Sunday a couple of weeks ago, and that I had about a hundred Fixed Price listings that were to end on that afternoon and I didn't sell one item. I told them I missed out on hundreds of dollars, (wishful thinking really). She was very polite and said she would check on it, put me on hold, came back said they are adding it up... Would I hold for a few more minutes? Sure.

About 5 minutes later she said my account would be credited $350. After I got back up from the floor I said thank you. Ten minutes later my account was credited.

This may apply to some of your readers who had items ending on that Sunday.
WW

eBay Compensates Seller for September Glitch   eBay Compensates Seller for September Glitch

by: Grandma_Fish This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 8 22:11:34 2014

Wow, that's fantastic, WW! The part about you picking yourself up off the floor afterwards had me laughing. After all the horror stories lately about eBay and their inept customer service, it's nice to hear something positive. Sounds like you got a CS who was responsive and knew what she was doing. Bravo to her!

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Wed Oct 8 22:41:12 2014

Good luck to you; but, they did not require you to sign a confidentiality agreement? And now you've gone and told everyone ... eBay is definitely slipping ...

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Wed Oct 8 22:44:07 2014

I like happy endings! Congratulations, WW! You're very fortunate.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Oct 8 22:50:35 2014

Wow! eBay does something right for a change. Hope this is the start of a trend for better treatment of sellers.

by: forrosebud This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 8 23:22:11 2014

Ebay simply refunded the $350++ they stole from my bank account and now take credit and a bow for doing the 'right thing?' Wow

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 9 00:06:15 2014

Did the OP go out and buy a LOTTO ticket?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Oct 9 02:18:18 2014

WW

I am VERY happy for you and it is nice to hear just a little something positive.  While to some $350 isn't much, to many of us it means a great deal.

A regular CSR doesn't have the authority to give a credit of that size to your account.  So while they had you on hold that got to someone with authority and the brains to realize they needed to do something positive for you.  Job well done by you and your time was well spent on that phone call.

Again, congratulations.

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 9 12:37:30 2014

But why YOU? Are you in China?

by: Linda This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 9 13:06:47 2014

I called in and had, had 400 auctions end without a bid (very strange with all the watchers that I saw) and called ebay about it. They credited my account as well.

Now I have get them to refund the ones I pay for having a store, for the listings that were used up by the next following offer that took my ''free store listings'' instead of being used towards the free offer.

Its a bit of a bookeeping dance but worth it to follow close on ''free'' vs ''store free'' and make sure that the free are really free. (Hope this makes sense!)

by: AgendaSwallowsAll This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 9 23:57:48 2014

Doesn't make sense, under what set of circumstances would they refund $350 for Fixed Price w/o a sale listings. Not saying it didn't happen but would have to read much further detail as to what had transpired.

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 10 05:10:55 2014

It happens. I have gotten $50-$100 several times myself.
mh

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 10 13:08:59 2014

I would give it a shot if I didn't have such a strong aversion to calling eBay now.

by: AgendaSwallowsAll This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 10 22:49:08 2014

@Massachusets Howler

$50-$100 is a far cry from $350 and I'm not saying the $350 wasn't granted. I'm just wondering what the exact circumstances for such may be, I thought the credits were to be for Auction style listings so the OP would intellectually have to have an Anchor Store where thousands of Fixed Price  listings were affected or they've decided to credit them  for 1,166 Fixed Price they'd paid 0.30 a pop for.