Sun Jan 12 2014 17:32:08

eBay Slaps Wrist of UK Buyer Who Was Left in the Lurch by Seller

By: Reader

I'm a UK eBay member with a buying and selling account. Recently I had a bad buying experience with a German Seller - 76 items purchased split over 3 invoices with a total value of 1200 Euro's.

Nothing was received.

One invoice for 14 items was pursued through the PayPal Resolution Centre, seller did not respond, case found in my favour, money credited back to my account.

The other 2 invoices for 62 items went through the eBay resolution centre. Again the seller did not respond and all 62 cases were closed in my favour, BUT only 2 items received an automatic refund, 60 were left without a refund.

Called customer support and they managed to implement 33 refunds but I'm still 27 refunds short 5 days after the cases were closed.

A "Technical Glitch" prevents an immediate manual refund, I may have to wait an additional 7-10 days !!

Not surprisingly I left the seller negative feedback and low stars, I got tired of being angry after about 15 of the 76 cases. To add insult to injury I received an MC012 notice from eBay today warning me about leaving low stars and negative feedback.

All the negs I left have been removed and the seller's account is looking cleaner. So much for BUYER PROTECTION eBay style.

Still waiting my refunds and warned for leaving negatives on Items Nor Received cases found IN MY FAVOUR. Only in eBay-land does this kind of logic exist.
Thanks for being there,
K.

eBay Slaps Wrist of UK Buyer Who Was Left in the L   eBay Slaps Wrist of UK Buyer Who Was Left in the L

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 12 19:21:07 2014

It would be interesting to know just what OP said in his negative feedback to the seller...???

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Sun Jan 12 20:21:02 2014

eBay's primitive robotic algorithms can only count integers, in this case, the massive number of negatives that you have given this seller and the bot is undoubtedly programmed to see such a large number of negatives as unreasonable ... No human resources (or their logic) are involved in eBay's robotic responses ... it's all based upon "if ... > ... then ... else ..."

Regardless, eBay will be more concerned about losing the FVFs (or having to refund same) on these "sales" ...

eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking ...

This user has validated their user name. by: NaruMessenger

Sun Jan 12 20:42:43 2014

eBanged Again!

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Sun Jan 12 20:43:09 2014

" Recently I had a bad buying experience with a German Seller..."

Mein Gott!

by: Gina This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 12 23:59:09 2014

how can PayPal find in the buyer's favor and not pay you the funds which they HAVE IN THEIR HANDS as they have already taken the money out of the seller's account?!

On another ecommerce site on which I buy, a customer has a choice; apply for a refund or leave feedback-NEVER BOTH!

Neither system works!

by: candy7122 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 13 00:08:13 2014

As an Ebay seller I would love to see Ebay tell a buyer either a refund or leave feedback.  I feel if a seller issues a refund of their own volition they should not have to deal with a negative.

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 13 00:16:43 2014

''the massive number of negatives that you have given this seller and the bot is undoubtedly programmed to see such a large number of negatives as unreasonable''

This must be the Toys R Us Bot.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jan 13 02:44:49 2014

They weren't just removed because the seller asked.  Ebay doesn't do that.  Getting FB removed as a seller is a hard process most of the time.

You really need to call Ebay and find out what happened and you can get it put back if Ebay agrees with what you say transpired.

By the way, back in December I had to file INR claims with one seller.  I think I had 4 purchases from them and none received.  All was refunded but one of them.  The most expensive one.  To date I never got it back.  Luckily it was a small dollar amount.

That just reinforces why I use my credit card for purchases on Ebay the vast majority of the time, especially if it is a large purchase.

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 13 11:14:20 2014

One buyer purchased 76 items split over 3 invoices..... This is a bright red flag. eBay used to have an option you could select to stop the buying after so many purchases. I know because it somehow got set on mine and my customers were told they couldn't buy a second item!! I flipped over that one--there WAS a setting! But I never selected it.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jan 13 11:35:14 2014

RCL

That is in your Site Preferences and then Buyer Requirements.  You can check a box to block buyers after a certain number of purchases.  I never recommend that box as it restricts your buyer for up to 30 days I think it is.  So if they purchase 5 this week and 5 next week, and if you have yours set at 10, that buyer will have to wait 2 or 3 weeks before they can shop with you again.  Not a good plan.

I don't know why the seller in this case sent 3 invoices anyways.  Ebay allows up to 40 items on one invoice.

I love buyers of multiple items.  For me, I don't see this as any kind of red flag.  I would love it.  Now why the seller doesn't or won't go through with the sale is anyone's guess.  We don't have enough information to really know what is going on here.

by: Skip This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 13 14:09:10 2014

Social Media is a great thing.

Now, is the time to begin protesting these companies that are way to big.
Because Of Us Buyers.

Such as Ebay, Gas Companies,
Etsy, Walmart So ON

Want Ebay to change it's tune?

Don't make any purchases from Ebay from 02/01/2014 through
02/15/2014.

Pass The Word.......

Ebay will begin to rethink...

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jan 13 14:41:44 2014

@skip

Do you realize how damaging your advice would be to 10's of 1000's of people?  While I understand what you are trying to accomplish, hurting all the sellers isn't the answer.  They didn't not create these policies, yet they would be the ones suffering.  Ebay itself does not carry a single product that is selling on the site.  The site is made up of individuals.  So in your attempt to get the attention of a big company, you would quite literally taking food off the table of a whole bunch of people long before Ebay would feel a pinch.  I doubt that was what you were after.

by: Skip This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 16 11:20:21 2014

Hi Marie,

We also sell on ebay. What you need to understand is that the policies that ebay has for one is not for all. Ebay does not care about you nor do they care about the buyer. It's the money. That is all they care about.

It's time to take a stand.

Over the holiday here is a break down for you to see.

Our Sales For 2012 -13 Holiday Season. Orders Received

2012        2013
Ebay          543         102
Amazon        332         561
Other Venues 2011        2309
Total        2886        2972

Why do you think ebay is loosing sellers? Buyers?

Why do you think ebay has free listing & specials every month or twice a month.

They are losing sellers and buyers. China is killing the USA sellers. How can you compete ? As USA sellers we must pay taxes on our profits, what does the US get from the profits that the China seller make?

USA sellers must have a tracking number for customers to track. China sellers provide a tracking number at will.

Sooner or later you will get it. Move on stop selling on ebay. Stop buying from ebay.
and watch them change. We need to send them back to were they began. We made them big and we can make them small again.

Warm Regards

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jan 16 11:31:26 2014

@skip

Don't talk down to me. I'm unsure why you think your way is the only way or the correct way and anyone that thinks differently doesn't "get it".

There are NOT sellers from China in every category, so many categories are unaffected by this.  That does not mean to say this isn't a serious problem, it is just that it affect some more than others.

Ebay has so many sellers which is why they have to hide listings sometimes.  Too many sellers in the same category and they can't present all the listings.  Also known as rolling blackouts.

US sellers are NOT REQUIRED to have a tracking number.  It's a good idea, but it is not mandatory.  It is required for TRS discount.

I don't disagree that change needs to happen.  I just disagree with your suggested way of facilitating it.  While it may not damage you to stop selling and buying on Ebay, that does not make it true for others.

by: Skip This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jan 18 17:07:56 2014