Wed Jan 8 2014 21:41:33

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

By: Reader

Your column about competing product listings (on eBay) is just the opposite I see. I sell coins and related items on two sites and those ads for other coin stores, HSN and others are usually 20-40% higher than my prices.

I say bring 'em on!! Really makes me look good.
Mike

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

This user has validated their user name. by: MJRock

Thu Jan 9 00:23:17 2014

Then there are the rest of us, who sell premium items but have to compete with ads for cheap knockoffs from competitors that in many cases have stolen your pictures .... Not to mention the amount of returns and cancelled orders, becuase of these ads showing up in End of Auction emails.

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Jan 9 07:27:37 2014

Ads should not horn in on a buyer's real estate. Yes, many will say it is eBay's real estate, but when I'm paying a store fee I don't expect to have ads in my store.  Our store is to show our items, not someone else's.

This is yet another reason why so many sellers are leaving eBay.

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 9 07:36:15 2014

I agree with the OP Bring Em On.

Those high priced dealers make us look really good.

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

by: Mr Mog This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 9 08:49:37 2014

The way I see it is those high priced dealer's ad's have to be paid for so they must be working for them else they wouldn't put them on.
In which case potential buyers are going off site to buy at a higher price instead of staying and buying from the low priced ebay seller.
Just another reason the buying base is shrinking.

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Thu Jan 9 14:19:10 2014

I like those eBay ads that try to sell you a criminal background check and credit report on JFK in a listing for Kennedy's book, "Profiles In Courage"

That must be the end result of what eBay refers to as, 'Machine Learning'...

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 9 17:37:20 2014

Puck: That's THE BEST EVER

eBay Ads - Bring 'em on   eBay Ads - Bring 'em on

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Thu Jan 9 18:16:39 2014

@RCL

Thanks, you are too kind.