Mon Dec 23 2013 21:59:43

eBay Seller Finds Breaking the Rules Pays

By: Reader

I am located in Australia, and on eBay to receive TRPlus (and possibly a boost in best match ranking) one of the criteria is to offer express shipping. I can not do that on some of my listings due to having lithium batteries in the items.

However, other sellers are listing their same items (and supposedly shipping illegally) with express shipping... they are then getting a boost in best match ranking with the Top Rated Plus on their listing.

Not fair, eBay!

Signed,
Cranky eBayer

eBay Seller Finds Breaking the Rules Pays   eBay Seller Finds Breaking the Rules Pays

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon Dec 23 23:14:19 2013

eBay does not care if users do anything unlawful; as long as it does not affect their FVF share of the deal anything is ok by eBay. eBay does not even worry about themselves doing anything unlawful. Not even the criminal law is allowed to get in the way of eBay’s FVF ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 24 10:00:50 2013

Philip's %100 correct.

I dont have any issue with eBay being a FOR PROFIT business, but the sleaze factor that comes off eBay is so strong - there isnt enough bleach to ward it off.

eBay doesnt "pick" on small sellers - they just run over them. Play the game their way or they will run over you.

This isnt 1997s eBay - and hasnt been for some time.

As far as life goes - always do the right thing, even if its hard to do. Your creator, your fellow humans, your planet will be your judge.

On eBay - do as you please before they do it to you.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Dec 24 12:19:35 2013

This doesn't have to do with shipping, but check out these listings:

141053218298
121170642020
321200788522

S
ame
photo showing in search results, same title, same photos when you open listing, same information, each listing stating multiples available. Isn't that a violation? Oh, wait, the seller is in China.

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 24 12:50:08 2013

Many people will do anything to make a dollar--including lie, cheat, and steal. This greedy trait often reveals itself in the smallest acts (''Could you please mark it a gift for Customs?'') or shipping batteries. You are a honest person feeling bad because others profit from breaking the rules. For some, there IS no right or wrong. Just opportunity to profit. Don't hope for any fairness from eBay, but on the other hand, Happy Holidays! Sellers like YOU make the world bazaar safe for buyers like me :)

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 24 13:59:46 2013

@iheartjacksparrow - And it will only take ''15-20 business days'' for those fine items to reach you.
Who cares about policy violations with deals like this?

This user has validated their user name. by: Puck

Tue Dec 24 16:51:41 2013

If the Bay made good on everything that's supposed to give our listings a boost in search; everyone would be fighting for space at the top on page one.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Dec 25 19:36:37 2013

The other when I was in the Post Office, I was listening to the usual "Is there anything perishable hazardous, etc., lithium batteries or perfume mantra."

Curious, I asked about the batteries because I occasionally cadmium battery.

The senior clerk said USPS now will allow lithium batteries IF they're already installed in devices.

He also told me the prohibition has something to do with an international agreement among the world's postal services and that it was changed not too long to allow installed lithium batteries (as in laptops for example).

You might check with Australia Post and shipping services if this is applicable to your business.

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 25 20:06:08 2013

''everything that's supposed to give our listings a boost in search''
Ebay boosted me so High I don't need to drink anymore.

by: cayenna This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 26 00:27:03 2013

The longer you stay on eBay the more bad experiences you will be victim too; I'm speaking from experience. I can also verify what most of you are saying; eBay doesn't give a hoot about you period. They also do not care if you have Trademarks, Copyrights, etc, etc. They don't care of someone has the same exact listing 5 times on one page! They don't care if someone clones your listing COMPLETELY and keeps it that way! They don't care how hard you work as long as you do as you are told if you want to stay on eBay. As a Top Rated Power Seller with 100% FB I have discovered that they have also taken away my entire profit margin so that even if you are in search enough to make a few sales you no longer make anything from them at the end of the month after they have been paid. Even though I took advantage of there so called listing invitations... I need to find a platform I can get as many sales on that I am now at least so I can transition from eBay to the other. I can't stand eBay anymore!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Dec 26 02:44:06 2013

That is different that Ebay in the USA.  For TRS Plus we have to offer next business day shipping, but we do not HAVE to offer express shipping.

Now I don't know if this is a misunderstand of the rules or if they actually require Express shipping as I am not familiar with the rules for selling on the Australian site.  But just in case, Express shipping and next business day are different.  Could it be a misunderstanding of the requirement?  Express shipping is quite expensive. Just asking as this misunderstanding happened a lot on the USA site when TRS Plus was introduced.

by: cdunn142 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 26 08:20:13 2013

Why bother with ebay all the silly rules and is not on the side of the buyer try ebid today fees are a lot lower say on £4000 of sales ebay you wd pay £704 depends on cat ebid would be £38 make a change for the new year and look at ebid we are in most countrys join today at http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775 ebid now thats loads better

by: 4news-and-me This user has validated their user name.

Thu Dec 26 12:10:40 2013

I am a small seller and have been above average for about 8 years.  I just lost my standing due to bidders leaving bad feedback on my shipping.  I print my labels from eBay and I always check the shipping before I ship, eBay puts the price on the shipping not me, I try to make my customers happy by looking for the best way to ship, but eBay wants me to ship free.  I live in Pa. how can I ship a .99 item to Ca. free?  If the item weighs 5lbs. it could cost $5.00 or more, this is crazy.  I have almost 700 good feedback, but because in the last year, 4 people complained about the shipping cost I lost my good standing.  Between the Post Office and eBay I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.  I tell my people I have no control over the shipping but I guess they don't read my messages.  I'm lost.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Dec 26 13:11:57 2013

@4news-and-me

You can't lose your standing due to one buyer.  There had to be a couple others.  Now that is not to say that I agree with the way they do it, because I most certainly don't.  But you have to have a couple others in there to cause the problem.

If you know who did it and if they left a neutral or negative FB on your account.  Write them an extremely polite and professional note and see if they will agree to change the FB.  But you have got to be nice or it will never happen.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Fri Dec 27 03:24:11 2013

@Marie
"I have almost 700 good feedback, but because in the last year, 4 people complained about the shipping cost I lost my good standing."

FOUR people CAN destroy a small seller

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Dec 27 03:32:23 2013

@bitbybit

Yes they can and it is ridiculous.  But I was addressing 4news as their posting suggested it was due to one buyer, which I just wanted them to know is not correct and they need to look closer as there has to be more.

The DSR system on Ebay is so loaded.  In fact there will most likely be MANY sellers in loads of trouble after this holiday season and with all the delivery mess ups by various carriers.  Not fault at all of the sellers, but they will be the one's penalized.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Fri Dec 27 16:45:40 2013

Marie I was quoting 4-news. He lost his standing due to four problem buyers not just one buyer.

by: Mr. Me This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 27 17:00:53 2013

eBay Seller Finds Breaking the Rules Pays  .... so what else is new .... ebay buyers and management learned this trick years ago......