Mon Nov 12 2012 17:05:21

eBay Makes It Harder to Access Completed Listings

By: Reader

I noticed two changes on eBay today.

First, the completed listings are harder to access. At first, it appeared that they had disappeared. They have been moved under the "Choose More" link under the "Show Only" header on the left side of the screen.

Once completed listings are chosen, the way to go back to active listings isn't the obvious links that used to be on the top of the page. Instead, you have to hit the "Clear" link underneath the "Show Only" header.

It is annoying that researching item's value is more work, especially in the middle of the busy holiday season. I just hope eBay doesn't completely remove access to completed listings - The information they provide is invaluable.

Also, the new Top Rated Plus badges rolled out today.
Thanks,
J.

Perminate Link for eBay Makes It Harder to Access Completed Listings   eBay Makes It Harder to Access Completed Listings

by: Jane Dough This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 12 17:37:55 2012

I thought so at first too, until I noticed right at the top of the auctions are tabs for sold and completed. Try it, you'll like it.

This user has validated their user name. by: Basset

Mon Nov 12 18:02:48 2012

The view is different almost every time I do a search.  I call it the ''screen design of the day'' for search results.

It is like playing ''Wheres Waldo'' in finding things like ''completed listings'' etc....

Guess it keeps us on our toes!

by: JB This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 12 18:59:12 2012

IMO
They just want you to buy, and not research.

Top Rated PLUS Badges ???

I see toysRus has one...imagine that.

I have seen many 100% FB sellers who do not even have a TRS badge much less a TRS+ badge.

I'll give out gift cards to Macy's this year. At least they will have to be used in the store. I hope

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Mon Nov 12 20:04:00 2012

The latest in a long line of 'site improvements' implemented by management that has zero experience buying or selling on eBay. The more changes these imbeciles make the less user friendly the site becomes for both buyers and sellers.

Another change implemented without any announcement and during the 4th Quarter despite John Donahoe's commitment to sellers that changes would be announced in advance and would not be made during the holidays.

About the only people who like or approve many of these changes are the fools who design and implement them.  Since they do not use eBay and thus are not negatively effected, they simply do not care how much more difficult they make site navigation.

Changes like this are made by management who are merely going through the motions of looking busy by making changes for the sole purpose of having something to do in order to justify their bloated salaries.

by: Patricia This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 12 21:52:07 2012

LOL my 11 items have now been up for almost 4 days - they have only 6 (six) views among all of them combined!  Not long ago one item would have gotten that many views in an hour!  Do you think I give a flying fig what Ebay is doing?  They're dead as yesterday's news. ;-)

by: blaumann This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 00:11:28 2012

The completed listings are the same on advanced search. Where are you all finding the difference?

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Tue Nov 13 00:15:53 2012

Yes the completed is in advance but too many clicks and you have to go in advance for each search. Big pain in the @##!

by: Sierra This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 00:51:37 2012

Patricia, that's why I have no interest in selling on eBay these days.

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Tue Nov 13 01:41:57 2012

Yeah, Jane Dough is right; these cretins have to keep changing things just because they can; and notice the imbecilic wording: “sold” and “completed” in her post.

Why when I am in “active listings” do I see choices: “sold listings completed listings”

And when I am in “completed listings” why do I see choices: “active listings sold listings”

Sheesh …

eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Tue Nov 13 03:39:00 2012

Ah, now I see it. The difference between “completed listings” and “sold listings” is the oceans of “red” in UNSOLD listings. Apparently, eBay does not want you to so easily access that information; also, that is undoubtedly the reason why they have recently removed the “sort by” options:

Number of bids: fewest first
Number of bids: most first

from the auction completed listings … too many honest sellers are displaying far too many “0” bid auctions for eBafia’s comfort … unscrupulous cretins …

And, don't forget to put your lifejacket on over your ’jamas tonight; you never know now when the rusting old scow, with its new nameplate, is going to finally slip beneath the waves …

eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking

by: nothingnew This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 06:51:49 2012

yea all these changes only confuse buyers that only want to buy , and never pay close attention. I had 9 auctions this week on ebay. 1 ended selling at 50% what it usually sells for. better keep plugging on junkables. HO HO HO Merry Christmas

This user has validated their user name. by: Basset

Tue Nov 13 08:31:53 2012

@blaumann

I am finding the checkbox for completed listings in these spots -

1)to the left sidebar (this is on what I consider the older format for search results).

2) At the very top of the search results in a very small font. (sold listings and completed listings are differentiated)

3) On some screens I have not found it until I go into advanced search window.

by: racecarguy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 10:16:27 2012

This change I actually can handle. It was a pain, at first, figuring it out, but now, if I want to see how many have been offered, I use the Completed List and if I want to see what it actually changed hands for, I use the Sold List. Works for me.

by: Wire This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 13:04:54 2012

Oh you like that feature, then we will get rid of it for you.
Your welcome,
The Ebay team

by: Beth This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 13:06:07 2012

There appear to be, so far, 4 variations. 2 are easy enough for BUYERS to use and 2 require real perseverance and "sticktoittiveness" ask Sister Mary Margaret would say.

I don't think Buyers have those 2, they will just give up and go buy from Amazon or wherever.

I like the one with the Active completed and sold tabs at the top, or the one with a list of ACTIVE and then you have a drop down button for Sold adn completed on the same tab.

But frankly, the major buyer here??  he's not going to look thru all the other views.  He just goes to ABE or Amazon and buys what he wants without all this nonsense.

by: Donna This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 16:31:59 2012

The only 2 variations I have seen so far are the one hidden in the left column and by using the Advanced link. I haven't seen the tabs at the top with either Chrome or Firefox browsers.

by: Melissa from Reboot Vintage This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 17:31:42 2012

I have tried in Safari and Chrome and I am not seeing a shortcut for 'sold' or 'completed' - I can only get to them through the 3 click process on the left sidebar.  HUGE headache as I do completed listing searches every single day.

by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 13 22:03:32 2012

Haven't tried to find anything today but last nite the COMPLETED
ITEMS
was the same as always here.

However we tried searching for something using an Android phone this week and had a very HARD time finding SOLD--which I had not seen (or maybe just didn't look for) as a seperate issue from  COMPLETED.  Since I was not looking at this but rather telling someone ELSE how to search this was terribly confusing as they kept insisting that there were TWO categorys to search in what I will call "Ended ITems".

I think this pandering to the "mobile device" users is absurd and going to cause a huge upswing in the number of UIDs and other complaints filed as the fields change daily and the visibility or the site becomes more and more fractured and harder to see and harder to discover--if the user even cares to try and discover---what the listing acutaly IS.  Rather than what ever ad or other item ebay is showing the potential buyer on OUR SPACE.

This is bleeding over to the "regular" site as viewed on a bigger screen or device--huge difference between what I see on my laptop vs my Kindle vs Smart (Android based) phones.  When we lined up these three systems (using Firefox on the laptop) the differences in how and what you can SEE on a listing is simply astonishing.

And has anyone ELSE noticed the lack of any info or "Item specifics" in virtually ANY listing posted using ANY sort of "mobile device"?   Why do I get NastyGrams telling me that MY listings don't have "Item Specifics" --when they DO-- but these users get a complete PASS on providing this valuable info?

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Wed Nov 14 04:13:35 2012

Hey, the new “completed listings” and “sold listings” links that I had before have disappeared … All I can see now is:

XX results found Save search Show results from all sellers …

Sheesh … What fun for the upcoming Xmas period …

eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking

by: Dazzle This user has validated their user name.

Sat Nov 17 09:01:44 2012

Simple answer here folks - ebay doesn't want you to find completed items. They don't want the sellers to actually see how many items go "unsold" there's little green on those boards these days and ebay knows it. I'm also pretty sure they hide alot of the reds as well - don't have it look too over-whelming or it will discourage those newbies from jumping in the game.