Mon June 13 2022 16:02:22

Amazon Refunds Buyers Even though Tracking Shows Delivered

By: Reader

I'd like some input from those that may read this regarding Selling on Amazon. I've been selling there for many years and I have recently ran into an issue that has never happened in all the years I've been there and of course their customer service is of no help whatsoever.

Last week I had two INRs (item not received) A to Z claims filed. The first one the tracking showed delivered and Amazon refunded the buyer out of Amazon funds.

The second INR was slightly different. This one they are making me refund. I added info to the claim that showed the tracking showed received and the emails between the buyer and I on Amazon that clearly showed the buyer said the item was stollen. All though I'm not sure that was true as the emails between us had some stuff that made me think she had the item.

In all my years I have not had to refund on an INR with tracking that shows delivered. I've spent a lot of time appealing and calling Amazon but to no avail. No one seems to be able to answer if there has been a policy change on this subject. And they won't tell me why they decided to refund both of these buyers.

The A to Z Department will only communicate with me via email, we are not allowed to talk to them. All I get from them is that "Although we understand your position, we stand by our decision. We cannot give you more information about this matter, and we may not reply to further emails about this claim."

So in a nutshell if a policy change has happened they simply don't feel the need or responsibility to let the sellers know. Anyone else have problems like this with INRs? What did you do? Were you ever able to get any information out of them?
Marie

Perminate Link for Amazon Refunds Buyers Even though Tracking Shows D   Amazon Refunds Buyers Even though Tracking Shows D

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jun 16 14:31:00 2022

A few of you have suggested to get signature confirmation on every shipment.  That simply isn't cost effective.  I've been sell on Amazon for a dozen years or more and two weeks ago is the FIRST time I every and INR claims on orders that tracking showed delivered.

So if this has been Amz policy it has taken them well over a decade to start these claims with me.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 16 17:08:47 2022

@Marie

sorry this happened to you.

i ran into this about 5 yrs ago.  amazon wouldn't tell me a thing about why they made me pay, it was on a board somewhere that i found out about having to buy shipping through amazon.  i don't understand the "why" of it either, tracking is tracking no matter where it is bought, but amazon makes the rules and we have to play their game.

as far as why some items might have first class available as an option and others not, i can think of 2 possibilities.  first if the item's product page has a weight listed of over a pound and second if the item is in a category that doesn't support offering fcm.  these are just guesses.

by: Moonbeam This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 16 17:34:23 2022

@marie, it seems to me you have been lucky all these years or not had many packages not received. I have been a micro seller of books on Amazon since the week Jeff Bezos opened it up to 3rd party sellers. It has always been my understanding that Amazon considered it our responsibility until the package was in the hands of our buyer, no exceptions, no excuses; and that the only acceptable proof was signature confirmation. Delivery confirmation didn't cut it. It blew my mind when I sold an old phone on ebay ($15.00) and the buyer said he didn't get it even though the USPS had delivery confirmation. I called ebay and they told me to tell the buyer to call them and open a case, but that he would lose and I would keep the payment. I said I felt bad for my buyer and maybe it was stolen. The ebay rep said it was not my problem and my buyer would have to work it out with the post office. I have always expected to be on the hook until my sale was in the hands of the buyer, not simply in their mail box. But ebay is different and delivery confirmation is good enough for them, unlike Amazon.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Jun 17 03:08:54 2022

@moonbeam

I do a pretty nice business on Amz.  NOTHING I sell requires Signature.  It is not expensive enough to require it.

IDK what to tell you.  I have NEVER had this happen before.  I'm not here lying to anyone.

Sellers on Ebay are NOT responsible for stolen packages, nor should they ever be responsible for it.  Amazon however is WRONG in this matter.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Jun 17 08:49:02 2022

Marie, despite the fact that you and I rarely agree on anything I am really sorry that this happened to you.   I get what you are saying about "cutting off meaningful $$$"  but you also added that they will not tell you why.  For me that would add to my distrust of my "selling partner".

When we allow these platforms to cheat us, and not tell us why they are cheating us, it only emboldens them to double down on this treatment of the sellers who are responsible for them existing.   At the end of the day, at least for me, money isn't everything.  I have to live with myself and is it relates to how I am treated (honorably and respectably) there are just some lines that I will not allow to be crossed.  I feel that if I allow this I am no more than a doormat.

Best of luck with this.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Jun 23 14:03:04 2022

In case anyone is interested, I believe I've figured out what Amazon is doing, just not how to retrieve my money.

It appears that Amazon is not updating or getting updates from USPS as they should for the current tracking.  Amz does not appear to consider tracking that you can't see from looking at the tracking of the package on Amz.

So for example you have an order that does show picked up by USPS and maybe a couple other scans along the way, but falls short of having all the scans that are actually on this package.

Then if you look at the same tracking number on the USPS website, it shows all the scans up to and confirming delivery.

It appears that Amz does not consider what it can not see from its site on this subject.

Any thoughts??

Ina or David have you heard of this technical issue before?

1 2