Thu Apr 28 2022 16:07:42

Sellers May Pay if eBay and Amazon Ignore USPS Surcharge Fees

By: Reader

Not sure if anyone's reported it, but on eBay the surcharge is not being added to listings or when you go to print a label for the last 2 days.

I put in the dimensions of 32x6x5 and shipping shows $8.85, it should be $23.85, also listed a fishing rod for 38x6x5 and when I look at my listing, shipping is showing $9.85 instead of $24.85.

I don't use Amazon, but someone on the board mention the same there but on the USPS page calculator is showing the surcharge.

I'm hoping USPS revise its decision but doubt it.
T.

Perminate Link for Sellers May Pay if eBay and Amazon Ignore USPS Sur   Sellers May Pay if eBay and Amazon Ignore USPS Sur

by: GetAGrip This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 28 16:42:14 2022

Not to worry.  The postal jerks aren't that smart enough to check the underpayment. Lots of items are sent with the wrong postage on them like the one I got today. Label says 1 lb.  Box actually weights 3 lbs.

by: terry55 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 28 21:32:23 2022

One of the moderators finally commented that the shipping department is looking into it(only took 4 days), scary part that the buyer pays without surcharge and USPS garnish's your account later. I was hoping ebay finally had really made a deal but no, they don't know how much their now losing in sales.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Fri Apr 29 01:52:58 2022

We're witnessing the swift crippling of America.
And nobody cares.

by: I Must be Crazy This user has validated their user name.

Fri Apr 29 13:15:57 2022

@GetAGrip

"Not to worry.  The postal jerks aren't that smart enough to check the underpayment."

You are correct, but that is changing. USPS is beginning to automate the verification of size and weights in the same way FedEx and UPS do it now. I receive adjustments to my Pirate Ship account 3-4 times a month. That is not to say they are accurate. I use a 4x4x18 box that somehow gets picked up as Medium Flat Rate. I just dispute the adjustment and they investigate and reverse it.

As for the problem cited in the article, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND the use of a third party postage service if your operation supports it. If you are sending out a package every day, I think it is worth the research. I use PirateShip. Free to use. Never any problems with the site. Postage is accurate. When I have needed support, the online chat has always been helpful in resolving my issues. Pulls orders and updates eBay seamlessly. The UPS Rates are FAR superior to eBay. Really cannot say enough positive about them.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Fri Apr 29 22:38:28 2022

IMBC,

Yes Pirate ship is the only way to go.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Sat Apr 30 10:11:35 2022

All my cartons are over 30" and average 2 lbs. If I plug those in with USPS shipping on ebay, the shipping cost to buyer always comes up $24+.

by: terry55 This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 1 15:33:38 2022

Ebay fixed the problem Friday

by: NYSteve This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 2 10:24:59 2022

@getagrip

"don't worry, they won't notice"

that is, until you get caught, and your $3 package now has a $15 surcharge....been there , done that

-been shipping 35+ years