Fri Jan 14 2022 08:05:38

eBay International Tracking and a Failure to Communicate

By: Reader

Not sure if you've had others report yet, but the USPS has started working with GlobalPost the last few months to track / deliver international parcels and it seems to be causing a bit of chaos on eBay.

I've had two international buyers in the last few weeks complain about missing tracking information and I'm finding that neither the USPS nor eBay is updating the tracking information on their websites to accurately show the status of the packages.

I finally figured out that I had to take the tracking number generated by the USPS and go to GoGlobalPost.com in order to get an update on the parcel, which I'd then forward onto the buyer.

You think that two multi-billion dollar companies could get something as important as tracking your purchase location figured out a little faster. Oh, well.
Chris

Perminate Link for eBay International Tracking and a Failure to Commu   eBay International Tracking and a Failure to Commu

by: postbuster This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 14 16:07:02 2022

This is the result of maximizing laziness and negligence from the wealthy.

Paid for by excessive fees and extortionate means to the seller.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 17 15:28:52 2022

I sent a $795 clock to Vietnam using eBay International Standard. Unable to insure more than $100 as no option given. Buyer says it has not arrived 2 1/2 months later. I am sure the buyer is honest. God knows what happened.

by: songe-d-automne This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jan 18 19:39:34 2022

I sent a clock to a guy in Chile and he complained that he had no tracking number to check what was going on. I was like WTF? I copied and pasted the entire tracking list to him. I had no idea that he might have never been provided that number. Ugh.

by: railady This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jan 25 12:32:31 2022

I just tried to ship a First Class Mail parcel and discovered STAMPS.COM is now using Global Post!!!!   Instead of my label printing out with my customer's name and address,  it's got his name on it, all right, but ''forwarded'' priority mail to some joint in New Jersey !!!!!!!!!!!!!! where (Stamps.com reassures me) some who-knows-who will personally print out the CUSTOMS FORM (!!!?) with the buyer's destination address and affix it to my package.

I stopped using eBay postage/labels a long time ago, and never considered using Global Post because I was hearing so many complaints and problems with it. I solved that problem by creating my own labels , which I have been able to create to my buyer's requested addresses.

Unfortunately, Stamps.com label program is now forcing Global Post on international shipments. This apparently is not an option.

This is a HUGE problem for me because International First Class includes tracking ONLY when the label is generated online (through a postage service for me, because I can't qualify for the USPS ''Click-N-Ship-For-Business)  and I am adamant about not using Global Post.

Just wanted to give others a heads up - It's not only eBay that's forcing this unwanted service on sellers.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Tue Jan 25 23:21:57 2022