Thu May 21 2020 17:01:10

Seller Unable to Get eBay Support to Fix Errors

By: Reader

Hope things are going well. Which wondering how everybody's experience has been using eBay's customer service via email.

Reason I'm asking, I have a perfect track record on my shipment time end on time being scanned in. Four weeks ago I sold some items and ship them through the post office. They were shipped and delivered and scanned on time. However I got seven bad marks from eBay saying they were never scanned in by the Postal Service.

I messaged eBay through their Email system and was told it was a glitch by the Postal Service and they will remove the bad marks within 24-48 hours. Well four weeks have gone by now I've emailed them once a week receiving the same reply but they still haven't removed them.

Each time the replies from someone else and they always agree to remove it but don't. The response I received today seems like they didn't read my email and was just a canned explanation of how the negative marks work. Frustrating to say the least is anybody else running into this?

Thanks as always for your insight into everything.
Dan

Perminate Link for Seller Unable to Get eBay Support to Fix Errors   Seller Unable to Get eBay Support to Fix Errors

by: lessthanthreerecords This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 21 17:54:48 2020

Sounds like something that happened to me multiple times years ago.  If it is, this is what happens: you ship on time, but USPS tracking does not activate until after 12AM pacific time (eBay's midnight).  Once the tracking does activate (usually the next day), it shows the time you actually shipped the item the day before.  However, eBay's systems have already processed a late shipping strike against you because midnight came and the tracking was inactive.  eBay may promise to make it right, but they never will.  I have found that if ship items no later than around noon eastern the day I need to get them out, tracking always activates by midnight eBay time.  However, if you go much later, you are taking a big risk.  Of course, eBay will not tell sellers this.  They state that you can ship any time of the day on the deadline, but, as with most things eBay says, that's a lie!

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 21 18:15:37 2020

Guess I'm lucky to have the same mailman almost everyday.
He digs me, and scans all my outgoing at my front door.
Granted, I'm on a cul de sac and porch pirates are not a problem when I'm not home.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 21 18:24:26 2020

You might want to upgrade to a store that gives your phone service or just write it off to the cost of doing business. Ebay email customer service gives new meaning to the delete button.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri May 22 00:20:24 2020

@Dan - If you have a Twitter account, post this on @AskeBay which will generally get a resolution.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Fri May 22 00:56:16 2020

When ever I have had a problem I always have eBay contact me. I have had this service for ever and has always worked.

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuck

Fri May 22 07:19:46 2020

Agree with Jack's recommendation on using eBay's social support customer service team at @askeBay on Twitter.

You could also ping the eBay For Business Facebook group.

It's the *same* eBay team/staff supporting both Twitter and Facebook social channels, (using the same back-end support software).

For consumer and SMB sellers that don't have access to Concierge or higher tiers of eBay support, Twitter is also preferred in that you will be interacting with an actual eBay employee domiciled in the US.

The downside is the social teams are often very slow. Response times are frequently in the 12-18hrs+ (completely unacceptable for a $30bn int'l tech company that paid its former CEO $57 Million to go away, and that awarded it's Sr. Customer Service exec $11 Million in bonuses in 2018, frankly).

For more transactional-type stuff, as seen here many report decent experiences with the call-back phone support option.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun May 24 19:05:07 2020

Contacting Ebay via Twitter or Facebook is a great idea.  Also please know for these types of corrections on the Seller Dashboard, it can take as much as a week for them to show.  But if by then you aren't seeing the corrections, there is still an issue.

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 25 04:09:56 2020

I was just complaining last week that I fluctuate between 2-2.5% late shipments but that it's all due to the USPS not picking up or scanning packages.

I just received 11 marks against me all in one day for weekend orders not picked up from a blue collection box on the following Monday. It looks like the collection simply wasn't done.

Well I just noticed yesterday on my dashboard that all the late shipment marks against me were removed. I'm now at 0% late shipment rate!