Mon Nov 23 2020 11:09:04

Enrolled in eBay Payments but PayPal Still Required

By: Reader

I've been forced into eBay's managed payments for a few months now - and many times when I'm listing an item I get this error message

"Sell similar
It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
Payment options - To list this item, you need to accept PayPal or other approved electronic payments as a payment method."

Which means they still think I'm not in managed payments, and their system requires PayPal like it used to in order to list - I wonder if others are having this same issue?

Keep up the good work,
Nigel

Perminate Link for Enrolled in eBay Payments but PayPal Still Require   Enrolled in eBay Payments but PayPal Still Require

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 14:59:12 2020

OR the items you are trying to list are verbotten by Adyen and therefore if you want to sell them you need to use Paypal for those listings?

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Nov 23 19:37:05 2020

"... other approved electronic payments as a payment method."

I guess that means a merchant credit card.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Tue Nov 24 06:22:01 2020

Ebay and PayPal are still LYING about their separation.
There has been NO SEPARATION.
There will be NO SEPARATION.
And while they half heartedly offer Off Line credit card acceptance,
it's piss poor service for Americans.

by: amazedndazed This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 24 07:52:29 2020

I had this happen to me over the weekend. I am in managed payments & while relisting this remark was coming up. I could not see that I had changed anything, & went back & it finally took.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Nov 26 01:37:50 2020

Nigel,

What it means is that buyers are still allowed to pay with PP.  So if you set up your listings without allowing PP, then that is against the current rules of the site.  The seller will NOT receive money into their PP account once they are in MP, but buyers still have the option.

I don't think this is a negative at all but a big positive.  There are a whole lot of buyers that shop on Ebay exclusively using PP to pay.  To not allow it on listings would be to decrease your own sales without any help from anyone.

This user has validated their user name. by: ySirTinLee

Thu Nov 26 06:19:26 2020

I agree with Marie.  I will not buy from anyone that does not accept Paypal, including Ebay.

by: Marty2020 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 26 08:19:06 2020

I got that same message. I cleaned the cache and restarted the browser. Relisted the item without a problem.

by: Marty2020 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 26 08:20:04 2020

PS. I am in MP.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 26 10:32:32 2020

its a glitch. just hit the list link again and it generally corrects itself. More glitches now than ever before and I have been listing eBay 23 years