Thu July 18 2019 14:19:17

Are eBay Buyers Having Problems Leaving Feedback?

By: Reader

I don't buy much on eBay but like to give feedback when I'm happy. Try as I might I am unable to find a leave feedback option on my last purchase.

As a seller, I expect maybe 1 in 2 buyers to leave feedback, but now I'm wondering if this issue happens on my sold items. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Nicholas

Perminate Link for Are eBay Buyers Having Problems Leaving Feedback?   Are eBay Buyers Having Problems Leaving Feedback?

by: Vigilant Eye On eBay This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 02:06:25 2019

This has been an ongoing issue for some time now.

As both a buyer and a seller, I regularly confirm that any feedback that has been left is actually posted on the site.

Notwithstanding any of the typical system delays, should any feedback fail to appear, it is left again until it actually shows up in a user's account.

The problem occurs more frequently when eBay's Leave Feedback list rather than a listing link from My eBay Purchase History or Seller Hub is used.

In a few cases, some of the automated feedback that was left by a number of different sellers has also failed to appear.

Typically, this is only noticeable if a group of items is purchased and paid for and one or more of the seller's automated feedback responses never shows up.

To the detriment of buyers and sellers alike, presumably, most eBay users do not confirm that the feedback that they have left was actually posted online

A full time job of and by itself, it is simply too time consuming and unprofitable to regularly check and report on eBay's constant site issues.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 08:40:34 2019

Yes, recieved SNAD Leica model lll 1936. Seller filed fake  did not pay case. That blocked everything. Called CS five times, they cant do anything? Filed SNAD on paypal also. I paid to get lens fixed , seller said okay, then disappeared? Dishonest sellers are as bad as dishonest buyers.

by: timeaftertime This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 09:28:33 2019

I have not had this problem at all, either with the userid I use to buy or the userid I use to sell; and FB I've received from others seems to be coming through.

My REAL complaint is that it appears to be impossible to leave FB for a bad experience. We were scammed by a seller earlier, and not only did he mis-describe the item, he refused to return the postage I had paid - i.e., making $25 profit for himself because I paid postage BOTH ways (buying and returning). I went after him through PayPal and did get it refunded that way.

The icing on this cake is that since the transaction was canceled, there was no way to leave FB on it !!!

I gave up thinking FB was much use a long time ago.

by: Skip This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 21 09:27:58 2019

Actually eBay does not care about feedback. eBay cares only about profits. Feedback is a joke anyway. A seller could be a poor seller and eBay does not care. Have all sellers provide a verifiable tracking number. If we must in the USA. All sellers must. eBay needs to wake up. Profits are down. Because eBay thinks that they are the only venue to sell on.  We have not made a sale in 3 months, our prices are below our competition.
But we only sell buy now. Can't compete with auctions and loose money. We have found other venues that we sell on. eBay is going down and has been for years. 2020 will tell. Sellers are leaving eBay in droves. Notice China Sellers. Most are charging for shipping where they do not pay shipping anyway.

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuckEBAY

Sun Jul 21 14:32:31 2019

1. An @askeBay Twitter social support rep recently told a seller “…no Feedback is the same as good Feedback!”

2. C2C and SMB feedback angst and disputes are likely a significant driver of eBay support costs. It would be unsurprising if eBay, at this moment, were actively working on figuring out a way to phase out or morph the current significantly flawed and archaic FB model.

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuckEBAY

Sun Jul 21 14:38:50 2019

Forgot #3

3. Try bookmarking this link to quickly and directly access eBay's ''Leave Feedback'' page: