Sun July 14 2019 09:14:26

Disputing eBay Listing Upgrade Never Ordered

By: Reader

I was charged a bold listing fee by eBay. When listing items on eBay I never click on bold listings. I always check before listing items on eBay and never saw the $4 listing fee.

I contacted customer service and they said they can do nothing. I checked online and noticed someone contacted you in May about the same problem. I have been an eBay seller since 1997 and am a registered business owner. Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you.
Tom

Perminate Link for Disputing eBay Listing Upgrade Never Ordered   Disputing eBay Listing Upgrade Never Ordered

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 14 11:07:08 2019

Tom, call back.

Explain how you've been a member since 1997

Ask them how many times have you asked for an adjustment on your invoice.

If you haven't made a habit of this I'm sure they will take off the $4 charge. . . .

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 01:30:03 2019

Problem is, if you're on the advanced listing page, with your finger on the mouse, and you just happen to depress the left button while over the bold listing upgrade line, you just selected it.  And when you get done selecting everything you need and rapidly scroll to the bottom and hit submit, you probably didn't notice the $4 fee there.

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 01:33:33 2019

Paul W. is right - that happened to me. Bam - bold because I click along so quickly. I didn't call or anything - I was really baffled until someone else told me that the same thing had happened to them. I also accidentally filled in the subtitle with my SKU - duhhhhhh. I revised that to advertise my old tech and urging people to check out my offerings.

I'm careful to check that total before I hit the final button now.

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 02:00:37 2019

Tom, I wrote that letter to Ina you're referring to. When this happened to me, It took me six months and seven phone calls before I got a straight answer from eBay. Each time I called my complaint was in process. A few times I was promised to receive follow up contact from their staff but never did, until that final denial notice. But the bottom line is, if you made sales on the page during the month(s) the bold listing was activated, they probably won't refund you as this is deemed a valid charge by eBay. If you didn't make sales on the page, and you twist hard enough, they might refund you.

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 05:55:38 2019

Why does THIS FEATURE still exist?  I can see that it DID have LIMITED benefit back when it cost $0.50 AND before the SmartPhone APP allowed anyone with a Modern cellphone to Shop and Buy thru eBay.  NOW-DAYS that is essentially a DEAD ISSUE given not only the Mobile -APP and the way that eBay has Re-Jiggered the VIEW of search "results" on the REAL EBAY computer pages.
Currently, EBAY has so many DANG pointless ADVERTISEMENTS glomming up the REAL site it seems to be a RARE event that even so many as SIX results can be seen at any one time.
That means that the ODDS of anyone's BOLD title being seen is vanishingly small and a GREAT PHOTO is much more likely to ATTRACT "eyeballs" to ANY given GENUINE LISTING and is FREE to boot.
THIS feature is a real, live, Dodo of the first water and Wildly OverPriced, too.

by: HardWorkingSeller This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 09:30:46 2019

Another reason that I like using TurboLister - much easier to scan the listing settings and less risk of accidents.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 11:32:29 2019

Review ad very carefully , before you post.

by: thievesBay This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 12:20:56 2019

eBay relishes in changing settings, features, selections, or anything else in order to steal money. Then they will call it a "glitch". The fact is eBay does things like this randomly and on purpose to see if they can get away with it. It's theft. In my view, other things they do similarly are overcharging invoices, overcharging on calculated shipping, overcharging sales tax. The scams and schemes are always ongoing at eBay. They need your money and they need it now, and there's nothing they won't try to get it.

by: WhatsUp2656 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 15:30:02 2019

The most effective way that I am sure of is to sign up for twitter and if you don’t have a twitter account, get one.

They are very quick to resolve anything that they don’t want everyone to see. Good luck!

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 23:21:55 2019

To those implying that the bold listing fee is never assessed falsely by eBay, this DID happen to me. How do I know this? First, I am very careful about each and every one of my listings to pause at the bottom and ensure the fees are $0 before I submit. Second, I had 2 related listings affected by this (same item, different quantity) and they were the only two listings for this product. What are the chances that by accident I would have selected the bold listing box for not one but BOTH of the listings but NONE of the rest of my other listings for the many years I've been selling on eBay. Highly improbable! The fact is I got screwed, folks!

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 23:30:07 2019

Furthermore, what are the chances that I wouldn't have noticed the $4 charge at the bottom on BOTH before I submitted them, even if I did somehow select them by accident? Total BS.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 17 10:15:07 2019

It would be interesting to ask the rep who denies this 'request to return item', which is virtually compelled upon sellers to accept, if eBay could provide a justification for the apparent hypocricy of THEIR refusal to adhere to it in the name of 'customer service'.

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 17 16:29:57 2019

Ive had glitches where i go to relist and it tried charging 1.00 for gallery add on or .25 cents for something i never figured out.

Ebays response to this glitch was to contact them for a refund..but thats only if the user sees it..many dont.

Enter good til canceled auto relist. Im betting millions are getting charged more via glitches and wont ever know since they no longer see the charge trying to get through at relist screen.