Thu July 12 2018 12:39:03

Seller Questions eBay Commitment to Stores Feature

By: Reader

The July update has ushered in many unannounced changes to eBay's stores. Banner headers and seller defined categories have disappeared from most stores except for a chosen few.

The store search box is gone, making it impossible to navigate inside a store. If you reorder item from a known seller they are no doubt losing business. The little colored store door under the seller's name is being phased out and replaced with a bland "Visit Store" link.

It would have been nice of eBay to warn its sellers that these drastic changes were being made while they had the chance to end their subscriptions penalty free in May. Instead they are slowly and discourteously making dramatic changes which are creating havoc with seller business models.

Even though eBay is the big dog of ecommerce and so many people depend on them for their survival, that is no excuse for the condescending way in which sellers are being treated. I am convinced eBay seller complaint boards are dominated by paid trolls who demoralise sellers and gently remind them that eBay does not need them and they won't be missed if they go.
Regards,
C.

Perminate Link for Seller Questions eBay Commitment to Stores Feature   Seller Questions eBay Commitment to Stores Feature

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Jul 13 16:13:14 2018

@canbrit

I also understand that.  Many times when blogs here aren't about Ebay, the posters make it about Ebay.  We often stray a little.  No big deal.

by: smallstuff This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 13 22:37:13 2018

Other than a cleaner layout, I'm not seeing any changes in my eBay store.  The search bar at the top of the page says, ''Search this store''.  My seller defined categories are intact.  I have a link in all my listings and it correctly points to my store.  Maybe the changes haven't all kicked in yet, but I'm happy with the store... just wish sales were higher.

by: strife This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 14 11:29:30 2018

Unannounced changes are bad enuf but the constant lying is proof positive that ebay has 0 goodwill left towards sellers.

Sprign Seller Update announced all of these wonderful new updates to the stores. SEO improvements, Mobile Optimization, Better Experience. it's not that ebay exaggerated, they out and out lied. There is no SEO to speak of at all in the store experience unless you consider ebay jamming their repetitive drivel into every possible place they can & mobile optimization, come on just making a page responsive would have been considered optimization maybe 5, 6 years ago but certainly not now.

Flowery marketing language with nothing delivered. aka lies as far as I am concerned.

by: Cyclewizer This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 16 01:05:30 2018

@pace306
Are you really interested in bringing a suit against eBay? If so what are the various claims you are interested in pursuing??

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 16 01:17:31 2018

I have been able to search a sellers store recently so I guess that has been fixed.

I think the going away of the door is probably a good thing, I always had to explain where to click so maybe clearing up the purpose will help some buyers in the future.

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 16 01:32:46 2018

@Smallstuff - my store is similar to yours. I have the search bar for 'this store' at the top, my categories are intact and it has now got a nice, clean layout with great clear photos.

I do think, though, that the real beef here is changes to some seller services - for instance, not being able to put anything on sale for 14 days after initial listing (which I don't do, anyway), and the initial incredibly silly fact that any kind of revision to the listing starts the 14-day clock again. That, rightfully, was changed after an uproar.

Hopefully, they're not rolling out some fresh hell and we just haven't had to deal with it yet!

by: ZZ This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 16 02:38:56 2018

@ pace306

You made me curious about VM Innovations so I looked at a page of their recent bad feedback. On the last 12 months they have a 99.6% feedeback rating on about 160,000 sales. The bad comments I read almost always reminded me of the few bads I get (undeserved, broken English, etc). I'm also at 99.6%.
As for the huge amounts of INR bads, I didn't count anywhere near 80%. Too bad that most of the complainers didn't seem to know anything about eBay's buyer protections.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 16 10:25:10 2018

Yes definitely seems that way. basic store price is expensive and has 250 limit on listings. Go over and its 25c/listing and so is cancel till sold price. Also if they down graded you to below standard, you listings go to the bottom of all searches and you get no sales to ever get back to eBay's almost impossible STANDARDS, which are really written and severely biased for big Seller stores! Ebay is a very difficult place to sell on in 2018 summertime. Your better off in the flea markets with the thousands of sellers who gave up on selling on eBay. eBay management simply doesn't care about you; "Sole Proprietor" . So eBay is gutting the very backbone of what made them famous to start with, the hard working solo seller on eBay with extensive knowledge and experience.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 17 21:17:35 2018

I hate the generic blue page look and really hate that I can't present my listing to buyers in the order that I would like to.... newly listed.  It''s all best match now.

1 2