Sat June 30 2018 08:36:26

eBay Sellers Challenged by Numerous Technical Issues

By: Readers

I am sure you are getting so many questions about eBay issues...have you heard anything about all the issues?

1. Markdown Manager supposed to be new items can't put on sale for 14 days...now it's all items...100's of responses in forums about it...one eBay rep said not new items its 1 day but that is NOT working...my sales have plummeted.....average 10-15 a day....my sale ended yesterday and it wouldn't let me put up another and I had 3 sales...and woke up today to ZERO

2. Not receiving eBay Sold notifications...stopped about a week ago...started getting them again I believe on the 26th for a few hours but stopped and not getting any since

3. Page views on items showing 0

4. Pictures going missing from active items...I have had to fix around 30 so far...still going through them.

For a company that is publicly saying that they want to help the small seller now they are not doing a very good job of it
Scott

***

Seriously. Can eBay do NOTHING Right? For at least the past two days attempts to reach ALREADY PAID buyers with updates on their order and encouragements for them to BUY MORE the FOOL eBay "Contact Buyer" button SEEMS to work, but ... it's a BIG BUT ... the Destination is to MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS.  I cannot Get it to Shift to the Buyer's eBay Name.

How on Earth do these 26,000 eBay employees find ways to make the FEW things that have worked smoothly for YEARS magically go off the rails with such (capricious) regularity.  PS: I was on my iPhone 8 when this happened.
Greg

Note from the Editor: Also see Ecommerce EKG to read about and report issues for all ecommerce websites.

Perminate Link for eBay Sellers Challenged by Numerous Technical Issu   eBay Sellers Challenged by Numerous Technical Issu

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Jul 3 15:31:50 2018

Marie writes: "But I respect everyone's right to their opinions and insights."

That's simply not the case. Every time someone posts an opinion about a subject that differs from you opinion on the same subject, you have to reply to them telling them how wrong they are. Just look at all the column inches you've used to tell Pace and CanBrit about how wrong their opinions are. If you truly believe everyone has a right to an opinion, then you wouldn't be spending so much time constantly replying to posts that don't match what your opinion is.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Jul 3 15:34:39 2018

@jack

As do you !!

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Jul 3 16:03:10 2018

@Marie - That is not true, as you well know. Take my recent comments on Adyen. You had to make a comment that the problems didn't go on long and were basically no big deal. I replied with information from someone else, and you still had to comment on that. Why do you always have to have the last word on everything? Why can't you just make a comment, and walk away? You have to keep going on and on telling us that you're right and the rest of us are all wrong. You even had to tell Pace that you have more feedback. We're not infants here; most of us have been selling online for a long time. Yet you still seem to think we don't know anything about what we're doing and you know better about how we should be conducting our businesses.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Jul 3 16:26:55 2018

ok

This user has validated their user name. by: David Steiner

Tue Jul 3 16:37:25 2018

...and back to the topic, maybe?

by: Filadelfos This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 3 17:29:11 2018

Could it be that there was a "plan" in place to sabotage the site upon getting terminated... excuse me I mean laid-off, and that said plan was executed?

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 3 17:36:12 2018

Marie (and Im speaking for myself) and I are NOT "in the middle of a fight", theres no name calling, no talking down to each other - its a simple conversation on how people view eBay and its moves.

I simply can not see Maries views, and Im not sure she can see mine.

To whit:

Shortening of the UID process - In my opinion there never should have been an issue. eBay knows QUITE WELL how to take money for everything else on the planet - was an out cry about it really needed?  eBay could simply/should have simply debited the money from the buyers account, period. Why should sellers loose out. You bid - thats a contract to buy - tough luck if you change your mind/find a better price etc - thats not the sellers fault - no reason a seller needs to BEG eBAy or the buyer for the funds. You agreed - eBay should have deducted it right away. The situation had to get SO BAD that eBay had to step in to avoid bad publicity. So it was "a good thing" - because eBay screwed up YET AGAIN by hurting sellers.

The ability to charge a buyer for return shipping on a BR Request - A buyer paying for BR issues should have been there from day 1. Why should a seller have to be on the hook for it?  If you are "just a venue" then MYOB. Last I looked eBay doesnt own any stock, never been to a board meeting and isnt a partner in my LLC. I should have to NEED eBay to grant me wishes - they will LET ME charge a buyer who after the sale changed their minds, for the shipping. Again - maybe its a good thing - but its a fix that never should have been needed to begin with. Had they thought this through ... it would never have been, should never have been implemented to begin with.

12 pics for free - same as every other site - but does it matter? You can have 1000000 pics and you will loose each and every time in a SNAD case - regardless of what you describe OR post in your pics. Its what they buyer says - not what you the seller says - so Im at a loss here.

Specific fields for handling time - common sense no? Shouldnt an ecommerce site have a place so that you can tell your buyers when an item is shipping??????

Specific fields for return policies [well up until 6-1] - again - MYOB. SInce eBay has never see the item, knows nothing about it, isnt there when it comes back - why is any of it needed. Ill set my OWN policy and state it in the listings - Caveat Emptor.

USPS shipping discounts - they did a fairly POOR job on what ever they discussed ... To quote Clara Peller "wheres the beef!????" ... I say that too in regards to shipping .... wheres the beef indeed.

Shipping supply coupon - it comes out of their advertising budget - its not a feature of the platform. Its a pass through from your own FVFs - you pay them - they then give it back to you - and magically it benefits them. YOUR NAME is no where to be seen on it!

I could go on but I wont.

Some things we will agree on, some we wont - and If I drag it out any more then David S may get annoyed and thats not something I want/need to happen.

Enjoy ur 4th!

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Tue Jul 3 19:53:00 2018

@Filadelfos

Exactly what I was thinking. There certainly could be time bombs written into the code to go off whenever the programmer chooses. If some of those laid off were very good, well, they certainly could create an awful lot of continuing chaos. Let alone those who know full well how to get into their site and disrupt things.

They've put themselves out there. I wouldn't be surprised with anything coming up these days.

1 2 3 4 5