Mon Nov 12 2018 11:22:08

How Do You Temporarily Suspend Your eBay Listings?

By: Reader

Just needed your advice. I sell on eBay but don't have an eBay shop. I'm going abroad for Christmas, what do I do? Delist my merchandise?
Regards,
David

Note from the editor: We've read horror stories in the past from sellers who thought they put their listings in vacation mode only to come back from a trip to find they made sales while away. Please share your tips on how to temporarily suspend your eBay listings without any negative consequences! (And indicate if the procedure is different for sellers with an eBay Store versus without.)

Perminate Link for How Do You Temporarily Suspend Your eBay Listings?   How Do You Temporarily Suspend Your eBay Listings?

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 15 04:49:23 2018

Your items will alsol stay in relist section for at least 30 days.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 15 06:32:10 2018

You can put your store on vacation (go to the help section)....or what I do many times is list my items in the DRAFT folder.  It will sit there forever until I activate the listing.

by: rover This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 15 06:46:55 2018

A point to note if you do put your store on vacation hold for some time (as I did earlier this year). Your listings may take some hours to re-appear and in some cases you may have to call customer support to ''refresh'' your store to make them appear. This happened to me and I had to go on live chat when they had not shown up after several hours. Whatever the agent did they subsequently began to appear within a few minutes. But I was warned it can take upto 24 hours for ALL the listings to re-appear.

This user has validated their user name. by: MainelyVintage

Thu Nov 15 09:30:01 2018

Reminder that you must have an eBay store subscription in order to use vacation mode. On Amazon and Etsy it’s just one button, no muss no fuss. However on eBay there is a second button that needs to be toggled.

(I found that out the hard way last year when we moved. I rarely sell anything on eBay, but of course I sold something during the move that I could not locate after putting my shop in vacation mode.)

If you do you list on eBay without a store subscription, you must allow time to pass until you get more free listings. You can put them into drafts, but we have experienced the disappearance of our drafts after awhile, so that is not a “forever” solution.

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 15 10:40:25 2018

Open a nominal $5 (1 yr) store. Remove “best offer” so as to avoid last minute sales where buyers don’t pay.  Make sure immediate payment is due on all listings. This can be done thru “bulk edit” when you have a store. Next, Go to vacation settings. Write a message to buyers, set on vaca, with the box checked to hide items. To start getting sales a few days before you return, edit your items again in bulk edit, change the handling time to 5 days (1-5 or 10...), (Re-add best offer) allowing an extra day for unexpected events and time to prepare to ship. When home, remove vaca settings and edit handling time back to norm. I’m glad I had allowed 5 days handling this past week as we had car trouble which delayed our return. Sat and Sun do not count in handling time.

by: tryingtohelp This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 14 15:01:59 2020

Updating this in case someone has a question in 2020.

You *can* put your listings on hold and prevent sales, *without* having an ebay store.

Select "pause item sales while on time away". Select your time start and end, then select "apply" to make your changes save.

You cannot adjust your hours or minutes. Just the date that you want.

1 2