Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Mon Oct 5 2020 12:39:53

eBay Payments Experiences Technical Difficulties on Monday

eBay users are reporting a technical issue impacting Payments this morning that appears to have started sometime around 9 am.

The eBay System Status board shows all green, but a couple of reports have come in on Ecommerce EKG.

Down Detector shows a spike in issues, and sellers are also discussing the problem on the eBay Tech Issues board and the eBay Payments board:

Ebay payment link is not responding - Link

Payments tab not responding - Link

Managed Payments Site Glitch - eBay thinks I just registered - Link

Sellers are reporting accessing the Payments tab - it appears they can't access their money. It's not clear if buyers are having problems paying.

Perminate Link for eBay Payments Experiences Technical Difficulties on Monday   eBay Payments Experiences Technical Difficulties on Monday

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 15:16:13 2020

great job you 2 walmart idiots

by: Mark4 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 15:51:36 2020

Yes been down all day, keep getting the message "its not you, our server is down"  Also can't cancel orders, just get the kid in the orange jacket saying "we looked everywhere but the page is missing" so no way to cancel an order for a buyer.  Buyers also reporting they can't make purchases.

by: Shanna This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 16:06:00 2020

People, people, people! The wheels of progress do not turn on a dime, they have only had 5 years to work out the bugs. Full speed ahead toward the iceberg on the USS Mangled Payments.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 16:33:59 2020

Don't worry people Greedbay has your back...........................HA HA

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 19:23:13 2020

Trust the idiots at eBay with YOUR money (by force of course) cause don’t worry it’s all great!

Just call over to Walkers (where ebay employee’s get sloshed on sellers funds) and pull the 2 idiots from Walmart away from the bar and ask them to log into MP and click “ok to pay sellers”.

by: I Must be Crazy This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 20:17:55 2020

The labels function was a bit glitchy this morning. Got through them okay, but something clearly wasn't right.

Random errors all day on mobile and desktop.

Zero sales.

Way to go eBay!

by: Vigilant Eye On eBay This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 22:09:47 2020

From a buyer's perspective, there have been lengthy payment processing delays on combined invoice payments to sellers on managed payments,

Even after the payments have cleared and the merchandise has been shipped, invoices remain unpaid in eBay's shopping cart.

Once the orders have been received, while returns can be initiated, feedback cannot be left because the items are still in eBay's shopping cart system.

If the problems with managed payments persist, eBay hasn't got a chance during the upcoming holiday season.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 22:15:51 2020

@I Must Be Crazy

I'm surprised with all of the issues that Ebay has had with their label program in the past few years you have not moved on to one of the other postage resellers.  I moved to Stamps.com a few years ago (they give Ebay Sellers a free account) and would never dream of moving back to Ebays Shipping Program unless absolutely forced to because they provide zero service on a defective platform while making stealing as much money from Sellers by trying to hide the less expensive shipping options.

As for the problem, Ebay must be needing to bump the revenue up again by holding onto Sellers monies to earn additional investment income.  Funny how it is always a problem that does not cost Ebay anything monetarily that seems to always be the problem.  I guarantee you that if Ebay was losing money on a glitch it would be fixed immediately and they would try to go back and reclaim any monies lost to the sellers ASAP.  This is just going to become another revenue stream until they are hit by a class action suit again and are once again told they cannot hold our money and invest it without paying us interest on that money.  Desperation continues to show in all of your efforts Ebay!!!

by: 4yourinfo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Oct 5 23:07:26 2020

These glitches today are killing me! At one point today I couldn't see my orders and that was when I was by my storage facility trying to figure out what to pick up..I had to go to my order confirmation emails! Thank goodness Shipping I do third party so all the orders were on that page I had no issue shipping! But my store is stuck in vacation mode or their new away mode because the page just gives me a uh oh it's not you... Thank goodness I allowed buyers to still purchase when away but they are still seeing I'm away when I am back and I can't turn it off!! I am losing sales paying a monthly fee does that ever get refunded for the glitchy days?? Also should warn other sellers not all the listings seem to get the updated  handling time when you choose time away - I had 2 orders that required me to ship it the next day -as if I didn't have the time away mode set - it happened last week also one of my sales didn't update the new handling time and I got a defect for that - totally insane

by: acc756 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 08:27:12 2020

The Managed Payments meltdown continues today.  They have completely skipped the payout for today with no notice or explanation.   Those on daily payouts are now showing next payout is tomorrow, weekly payouts are showing next payout will be October 13th.

No announcements, no email notifications, no communication from eBay at all and the System Status page still shows all green.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 09:29:20 2020

Try to sign in and it sends you to some third world country with chicken scratch for language. Greedbay is totally screwed up today. Oh well. No big deal as the smart sellers have already left for greener pastures while whats left will have another reason for a bottle of aspirins. To funny.

by: fashionista This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 10:11:05 2020

remind me again how MP is better than PayPal?  Sold something Thursday, still money hasn't been sent to my bank.........

by: Mark4 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 10:19:15 2020

Tuesday and our buyers are telling us they get this when trying to search    """It’s not you. It’s us Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.""   How long is this going to go on?

by: mrpapaduke This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 10:58:00 2020

Here are the top 4 institutional investors in eBay. Call/message them and state your feelings about eBay’s gross mismanagement and growing seller dissatisfaction. You can simply say: “Better take a closer look at eBay’s financial mismanagement!”

Benchmark Capital Management Co. LLC 69,502,032 (8.29%)
io/members

The
Vanguard Group, Inc. 61,888,201 (7.38%)
Here is their phone number for financial advisors 800-997-2798

Icahn Associates Holding LLC 46,271,370 (5.52%)

SSgA Funds Management, Inc. 37,481,148 (4.47%)

The Baupost Group LLC 24,146,000 (2.88%)
617 210-8300

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Oct 6 11:06:13 2020

Here we go again Tuesday!

"It's us not you"

by: Shanna This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 11:34:44 2020

Has eBay been hacked? Again?

by: Donkey This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 11:41:17 2020

Cannot make a payment today for an item purchased.
Have not received my "managed" payment today either.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Oct 6 11:52:57 2020

We added a new tab at the top of the page "Performance" & "Payments"

Now the site isn't working!

BRAVO EBAY BRAVO

What's next?

Can it get any worse then NOT paying us on time

MAJOR FAIL

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Oct 6 11:56:41 2020

I couldn't access the payments page.

Looked at my messages and see this:

We sent your payout of $341.47 on Oct 06, 2020 to your bank account

So at least they sent the money!

by: I Must be Crazy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Oct 6 12:04:33 2020

Tuesday morning, can't get the shipping page to open. Yesterday had zero sales, until after 5pm when 3 came through inside of 30 minutes. Hmmm...

@ Silver Ice King

I have looked at Stamp.com in the past and could not see a need or benefit for me at the time. For the most part I had few problems with shipping and if there was an issue, I could ship through Paypal. However, being in Managed Payments since August, I don't have a backup option. So now I wait until eBay fixes their garbage platform. So I am going to need to revisit the 3rd party postage providers.