eBay is surveying sellers about a change it may make to how sellers provide details about their return policies. A reader sent a screenshot of a survey "asking how I feel about getting rid of returns/ instructions box. They want to get rid of it and substitute a check box pre written return policy. So everyone's is uniform."
Here's the question eBay asked:
"eBay is considering replacing the "Additional return policy details" open text box with a drop-down selection with pre-defined additional return policies. Which of the following return policies would be important for eBay to include if we moved to a pre-defined drop-down selection?"
And here are the options it provided, asking sellers for their feedback on each:
- Instructions on where to ship the return
- In-store returns available
- Timeframe in which return must be received to be accepted
- Additional fee(s) to be paid by buyer such as return shipping or a restrocking fee
- Courier pick-up available
- Instructions about how payment refunds are processed
- Detailed steps to be followed for initiating a return
- Number of days it takes to process the return after receiving it
- Condition in which item should be returned - such as unused, in original packaging, tags in place, etc.
What would you think if eBay no longer allowed you to display your own customized text under the "Additional return policy details" field and replaced it, having sellers fill in a series of fields instead?