Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Sun Jan 22 2017 16:15:09

eBay Reports Service Outage Impacting Buyers

eBay's System Status board is showing red at the moment, indicating a service outage in Bidding, Listing, Checkout, and Buy It Now functions. It's not a complete site outage - the board shows green (Services in Good Health) for Registration, Billing, Shipping Label Printing, Home Page, and Image Services.

Meanwhile DownDetector shows a spike indicating a problem that peaked at about 3 pm ET. People are also reporting problems on the eBay Technical Issues Board, where users reported problems in threads with titles including the following:

"Multiple Loading & Listing Errors throughout EBay app on iPhone & IPad - NO word from EBay Support"

"Things not loading"

"Sign in not secure"

Let us know if you're encountering problems, we'll continue to keep an eye on things.

Perminate Link for eBay Reports Service Outage Impacting Buyers   eBay Reports Service Outage Impacting Buyers

by: amazedndazed This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 22 16:23:20 2017

Pages will not load, lots of spinning, & when you list the items are not getting or showing views. SO ARE THEY VISIBLE or NOT? Had sales this morning, but nothing this afternoon. I have received a few messages. Delay with listing notifications.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ina

Sun Jan 22 17:20:08 2017

I notice the red has now changed back to green on the eBay status board.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 22 17:40:13 2017

Just a typical weekend mess.

by: isaiah1212 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 23 01:19:51 2017

I got to know a befuddled buyer really well after she tried to purchase an item and received the message, "Seller does not ship to that location." So I started figuring out how I could deliver the item myself...75 miles from my home! The shipping calculator was also incorrect. I'm tired of trying to protecy eBay and their rapidly declining reputation....the same eBay that allowed a buyer to file a SNAD on a particular appliance part that stated, "This part ONLY" in the listing heading, description, and body of text...even when the buyer put "I misread the description"....and then told me "of course the buyer is wrong. We will take care of you"....and closed the case in the BUYERS FAVOR within 10 minutes!!! And I got the defect. Im done. I have perfect seller's ratings and not a SINGLE NEGATIVE in 12 years...

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Jan 23 07:37:56 2017

One of our sites has had an "outage" for about 15 days.  It is our site with the highest number of items.  One of our other eBay sites that has far few items has had decent sales. Go figure.  Same items, similar pricing.  Guess the sight with few sales and 100% feedback and TRS status is being punished for who knows what.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Mon Jan 23 09:05:32 2017

Normally, we would ask , "Can Ebay get any more unprofessional?"

by: mbbn This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 25 12:38:14 2017

EBay is 100% experiencing issues. I finally got an EBay representative to admit that today on the phone.
My sales have plummeted.
January last year was $14,000 in sales- it is nearly the end of January and I am at approximately $4000 in sales.
Two weeks ago I had six people not pay for items and with absolutely no response all in one 24. I also had two emails from other buyers stating they couldn't check out.
I called American Express and asked them to put a hold on my eBay seller fees and they're opening an investigation I'm happy to pay for the things that I've sold but I am not paying for listing fees on items that I have no idea if their even being viewed... I'm going days without sales:(
This is extremely discouraging-specially what is supposed to be the busiest month of the year for us sellers-and offers very little incentive to keep listing items, that is when I can list items as the website is not working consistently.

by: Volvo351 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 26 09:23:23 2017

@mbbn

AmEX actually agreed to lock down charges against eBay?

by: mbbn This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jan 28 00:37:30 2017

@volvo351

Yes-they reversed my payment while looking into it.
Whatever comes to be, I think it sends a message to eBay.
They handled this TERRIBLY.
And sadly it isn't over...
My sales are still drastically down.