Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Tue Nov 22 2016 19:38:55

eBay Billing Status Remained Green Amid Billing Meltdown

eBay apologized to its top sellers on Tuesday for billing problems and said the issue had been resolved. At 4:30 pm ET, eBay posted the following message on its announcement board:

Update: Top Rated Seller Invoice Issue - Resolution
The issue regarding Top Rated Seller discounts not being shown on invoices has been resolved. All affected sellers have been contacted by eBay.

For impacted sellers, the accurate amount - including the Top Rated Seller discount - will be processed via the payment method on file, and resulting net charges can be seen on My eBay and Seller Hub.

We know this is a busy time of year for your business, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for selling on eBay, and have a safe, happy, and successful holiday selling season.

In order for listings to display a Top Rated Seller badge and receive the benefits of the TRS program, sellers must meet strict criteria, so the billing issue was particularly upsetting given the high standards of customer service Top Rated sellers must provide to their customers.

The problem came on the heels of another billing problem when eBay sent some sellers an email saying it had underbilled them for transactions in October and would be taking the fees from those sellers in their next invoice.

We recapped the serious nature of the billing problems in this blog post from Saturday. eBay responded with an announcement on Sunday acknowledging the problem - and the comments left by users show how difficult it was for sellers to try to deal with the problems.

One seller who thanked eBay for fixing the problem also expressed some concern about future bills: "my Dashboard still shows a blank for Discount going into December and we met all qualifications for TRS again."

Throughout the problems, eBay's new System Status board showed "green" for Billing, which signifies "All services in Good Health."

Do you have remaining questions about these eBay billing problems? Are you able to tell from your records if eBay charged you correctly?

Perminate Link for eBay Billing Status Remained Green Amid Billing Meltdown   eBay Billing Status Remained Green Amid Billing Meltdown

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Wed Nov 23 00:41:30 2016

The problem is still not fixed. I checked Selling Manager Pro and don't see a TRS discount.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Nov 23 03:00:48 2016

Mine is there now.  If I look at the invoice as of Nov 15th, it doesn't show there.  But it I look at my current activity page [what you see when you first go into your My Account screen], I can see that the prior months balance is reflective of my discount.  In other words, what I see on this page says what I owe for Nov 15th is lower than what the actual invoice shows if you go to the invoice.

by: OnlyPollyPocket This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 23 10:18:16 2016

What Marie posted...same situation on my dashboard.  Seems to be OK.

by: Bidderboy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 23 16:01:24 2016

Paypal was once completely reliable. Since John Donahoe took it over it has become unstable. This is very similar to what happened to ebay under Donahoe. People get emotional about this because at best it smacks of shenanigans designed to boost the bottom line. At worst it is illegal, immoral and deliberate and can only hurt users.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Nov 23 16:29:52 2016

@bidderboy

The problem described on this blog  has NOTHING to do with Paypal.  Not even a little bit, so I'm sure what your point is in relationship to an Ebay billing issue.

As to your general statement on PP, and I'm only speaking for myself, I have not noticed an uptick in problems with PP since the spun off from Ebay.  Certainly there have been issues, but to me not more than was happening before.  JMHO