Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Sat July 4 2015 22:47:59

Are You Able to View eBay Traffic Reports?

eBay stopped providing Omniture-powered traffic reports to sellers on June 30 as it had announced it would in early May, but some sellers have discovered that there are new traffic reports available to them. However, many sellers are still unaware of them or can't get them working.

For some reason, eBay did not announce the new reports, which are available through a third-party vendor called Tenthwave. One seller said they came across instructions in Selling Manager: "To visit the report portal on the Tenthwave site, click See traffic reports and sign in using your eBay username and password."

Another seller described how they were able to access the reports: "If you have Selling Manager, go to the section called Manage your store and click on Traffic Reports. There is a new traffic Reports tool now. It seems the only way to get to it is through selling Manager."

Apparently the Tenthwave reports are a stop-gap measure until eBay creates a new set of traffic reports that will be available directly in eBay seller accounts.

eBay started making the interim reports available by the end of day on July 1 - on this thread started July 3rd, a seller was clearly unaware of new reports until a colleague responded:

"It amazes me that a company as big as eBay would end a feature like the traffic reports and not have anything ready to replace it. I always wondered about their accuracy anyway and it seemed like they were unavailable half the time so I'm not surprised that eBay stopped them. But I am surprised that it took as long as it did to end them and they still have nothing to replace them with."

Any online seller or webmaster who has ever worked with traffic reports or analytics knows how powerful they can be, but the Omniture reports have been problematic since they launched, as the seller referenced in their comment.

On another thread, a seller provided a tip for those encountering a glitch when trying to access the reports. (Sign out of eBay and sign back in. Apparently the reports are new, but the glitch is an old one - "I reported it months ago," the seller said.)

Because the new traffic reports are limited to a 30-day period, it's impossible to compare current performance to that of a year ago (important especially since retail sales are seasonal.) One seller said, "Despite eBay's claim, "to deliver your traffic report data so that you can continue to manage your business." with this new report, it's basically useless. For me, anyway."

Another seller said there was some interesting data, such as a Referring Domains (Impressions)" report, and the seller said the "Search Terms Driving Sales (Impressions)" report was helpful - "it shows what searchers are looking for and you can use this info to refine your listing Titles."

Are you able to view the new traffic reports, and what do you think of them?

Perminate Link for Are You Able to View eBay Traffic Reports?   Are You Able to View eBay Traffic Reports?

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Sun Jul 5 01:34:02 2015

"For some reason, eBay did not announce the new reports, which are available through a third-party vendor called Tenthwave."

So, what's new from eBay?

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid … http://bit.ly/11F2eas

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 07:56:24 2015

Why look at traffic reports.  You would be living in another world if you didn't know traffic is almost non existent.

Does one really need an Ebay traffic report to see this.

Move on.  Life is to short to worry about it.

This user has validated their user name. by: Shop and Ship

Sun Jul 5 11:03:30 2015

As described: ''the new traffic reports are limited to a 30-day period''

Viewed at ''My eBay > Traffic > (log on with password) > Reports > ''See Traffic Reports'' (sic) [only one 30 day report shown]

Link found as an option hyperlink on My eBay page at Bottom of Right Column, in ''Manage My Store''

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 5 13:20:58 2015

Will traffic reports get me more sales? Im happy with the sales I have. If I listed more I would sell more. I get an average of 4 sales a day with 125 items listed.  EBAY WORKS AND WORKS SORT OF WELL. - LOL

by: Troy Stiffler This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 13:52:03 2015

Let's be realistic - nobody used these reports.

Ebay is failing, and they're trying to cut every possible cost.

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 14:21:52 2015

Traffic reports , for what traffic?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Jul 5 14:36:21 2015

I have ebay traffic & sales!

by: That Guy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 15:38:20 2015

The few times I was able to view my traffic reports, they made no sense to me.

by: Frank F This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 16:44:24 2015

The new reports are worthless.. The views are a total of the last 30 days, so to find out page views for a day you would have to look at it everyday and subtract the last one.

Worthless, and this tool has about 1/2 of a percent of the functionality of the old Omniture reports.

It obvious that ebay took away the traffic reports because too many sellers were questioning why they have so few page views and sales.. This is their way of 'sweeping it under the rug'!

And seriously, WHY would a company take away a product that is being used by 10s of thousands of sellers and not have a replacement available. Its all the more reason to see that something smells TERRIBLY FISHY once again in ebay headquarters in San Jose...

GIVE US OUR OLD ONMITURE TRAFFIC TOOLS BACK AND ASAP!!

by: XebayX This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 17:02:33 2015

For me, the link works in Firefox, but in IE, there is no URL tied to the button, so it doesn't bring up a report. The report provided is pretty useless to me. I need to see real time (or at least a couple hour delay like Omniture) page views and which listings are being viewed TODAY. A rolling 30 day summary is of little use.

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 17:12:01 2015

I have to wonder who someone is , when they are the devils advocate. I dont use ebay as one of my venues. I have no need to gloat over any site . If I was making millions , I guess I would not be here , Id be busy with my numerous sales. Most are ordinary people , not super salesmen. Most have real issues with ebay. Most
have heard the familiar ring in ebay boards. You get the best of both worlds. Those which are big success , & those which are not so lucky. Which ones do you think outweigh the other. Listening to these blogs , id say 90% are unhappy. Im giving a very generous 10 % to the other.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Sun Jul 5 20:21:02 2015

@toolguy - You only get four sales a day? The way you're always talking about how great your sales are on eBay, I thought you were mailing 40 to 50 (or more) packages a day. Now I feel even better about my eCrater sales as after a holiday weekend I have ten items to mail out tomorrow morning.

by: XebayX This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 5 22:29:17 2015

I see on my report under
Search terms driving sales > Impressions
that there are entries at the bottom with zeros next to them. What the hell is this? Did I get zero impressions with those search terms? Why are they tied to my report then? I know these figures aren't sales because the numbers add up to way more than my sales. Are they just selecting random search terms from the category and pasting the data into my report hoping I think the data is legit?
Just great. The same sales data as sales reports and some useless category metrics with no real connection to my items.
Where is the account specific data, like what pages are viewed when, and page links for referring domains? This is basic need to know stuff. Although I care about impressions, without the other pertinent data the info is useless.

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Mon Jul 6 00:57:38 2015

@XebayX,

Those numbers would be program inserted phoney numbers to make you think that there is activity on your item/s; just another fraud by eBay on consumers ...

by: minnie This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 03:22:01 2015

I use Sales Manager Pro and I see nothing of what you are describing.  In My Sales Reports Plus the last month with info is MAY 2015.  I was hoping June 2015 would be the last month with info since ebay states July 27 will be the last day.

by: Beth This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 05:36:39 2015

Old format store - no traffic reports for me, the links all take me to a "sign up for a store page"

Thanks ebay, I needed that.

by: Mog This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 06:06:08 2015

@toolguy - You'd better keep posting every day here telling us how good it is on feebay. The day you don't show up is the day you get done over by them, just like the rest of us on here.

by: Zee This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 07:32:12 2015

I have never used this feature but I would imagine that it would provide some really useful information...only if the data is real. Has anyone used this feature yet? How useful is it?

***********************************************************
****************************************
Get
your free copy of 'How to be a Top Seller on eBay' eBook:

www.tardis360.com/free-ebook.aspx

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Mon Jul 6 09:58:02 2015

@iheartjacksparrow

I have 11 items to send out today.

I told you I was a small eBay seller!

The kind everyone is saying eBay hates.

I FEEL THE LOVE ~ LOL

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 6 10:17:18 2015

Rah Rah Rah  deadbay is the greatest , Rah Rah Rah , Deadbay is great. Ill make all the money , aren't I great.